We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Magnifique!!!”
Review of Le Symposium

Le Symposium
Ranked #13,553 of 17,161 Restaurants in Paris
More restaurant details
Restaurant details
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Clovis, California
Level Contributor
36 reviews
6 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Magnifique!!!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

While walking through the Latin Quarter we ducked into this quaint restaurant and I am so glad we did! The staff was incredibly friendly and the food did not disappoint! One of the best parts of French eating is that they never rush you and we spent three wonderful hours sipping wine, and filling ourselves on cheese, bread, and other delectable delights! I ordered a three course meal. I started with the soup l'oignon (French onion soup) that was sooooo amazing everyone I was with ended up ordering their own! It was followed by a piece de beouf et frites (steak and fries) with a sauce on top. It was also top notch! I ate every last bite. For dessert i chose the mousse au chocolat and as expected it was incredible. I could not get enough! My friends ordered a three cheese fondue and we all shared that as well. Everything was perfect! The ambiance was ideal and was one of my favorite stops on my trip! I hope timing allows me to return to Le Symposium when I return to Paris in June.

  • Visited November 2013
    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Helpful?
Thank jjdewey84
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Write a Review

157 reviews from our community

Visitor rating
    19
    38
    34
    15
    51
Rating summary
    Food
    Service
    Value
    Atmosphere
Date | Rating
  • Dutch first
  • English first
  • French first
  • German first
  • Greek first
  • Italian first
  • Polish first
  • Portuguese first
  • Russian first
  • Spanish first
  • Any
English first
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
191 reviews
138 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Friendly service”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Great friendly service let down by dull food. One of the worst omelettes I've ever had..ironically I'd said to my wife earlier in the day that in France you'd have a 70% chance of a good omelette anywhere... I was wrong and certainly picked one in the 30% category here.The starters were uninspiring although there was a good creme caramel at the end and my wife seemed happy with her lamb dish. Not good enough to redeem itself, I'm afraid.

  • Visited January 2014
    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Helpful?
Thank Tom V
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
London, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5 reviews
3 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top notch! ”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

My friends and I ate here one night and was really pleased with the level of service we received. Our waiter was lovely and the food was reasonably priced. Food was nice, I had the escargot to start, steak for mains and some lovely ice cream to finish. Overall good value for money and worth going to if you're on a budget but still want to taste the wonders of paris!

Helpful?
Thank Lou_amie
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Αθήνα
Level Contributor
9 reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“rather not”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Cosy atmosphere but the food was bad, mc Donald style fries and badly cooked dishes. Service not so pleasant, only the gentleman in the door was polite. Of course all the restaurant in this area are tourist traps.

  • Visited October 2013
    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Helpful?
1 Thank MINA2222
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
26 reviews
17 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Cheap eats and good food!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

For €10, it was a great deal! I had a mussels starter and beef bourguignon as a main. Both were tasty! It's not the best I ever had, but if you're on a budget you won't be disappointed. Also, the decor is lovely and the staff were very kind! I would go back!

Helpful?
Thank missmonkeypants
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

Travellers who viewed Le Symposium also viewed

Paris, Ile-de-France
Paris, Ile-de-France
 
Paris, Ile-de-France
 

Been to Le Symposium? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing