“Not brilliant by any stretch ”
Review of Le Symposium

Le Symposium
Ranked #14,293 of 18,471 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odéon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Very bland food, asked to sit somewhere and told it was reserved although no one walked in and sat at those seats in the hour we were there. Food turned up very quickly on the plus side. My partner asked if they had creme brule and was told it wasn't on the menu but they could make one, but charge us an extra €2,50 above the price for a creme caramel. Declined. Also pricey for the overall lack of taste and service

2  Thank gwatty1969

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I can't believe we ruined our last dinner in Paris in this restaurant.
It is not a French restaurant.. We walked in around 6 and was empty.. The man who served us was so rude.. we asked him if we could sit beside the window and he said "NO, that table is for 4".... really?? I would of understand him if the restaurant was full but we were the only one in!
The food was cheap and tasteless.. my husband is that kind of person that does not waste food but he left half of the meal on his place this time cause it was uneatable. i wish we went to McDonald for our last night in Paris.. we would of have a better expirience!!!

(8 Euro for a point of beer, CRAZY)

3  Thank Federica I
Reviewed 20 January 2014

While walking through the Latin Quarter we ducked into this quaint restaurant and I am so glad we did! The staff was incredibly friendly and the food did not disappoint! One of the best parts of French eating is that they never rush you and we spent three wonderful hours sipping wine, and filling ourselves on cheese, bread, and other delectable delights! I ordered a three course meal. I started with the soup l'oignon (French onion soup) that was sooooo amazing everyone I was with ended up ordering their own! It was followed by a piece de beouf et frites (steak and fries) with a sauce on top. It was also top notch! I ate every last bite. For dessert i chose the mousse au chocolat and as expected it was incredible. I could not get enough! My friends ordered a three cheese fondue and we all shared that as well. Everything was perfect! The ambiance was ideal and was one of my favorite stops on my trip! I hope timing allows me to return to Le Symposium when I return to Paris in June.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Great friendly service let down by dull food. One of the worst omelettes I've ever had..ironically I'd said to my wife earlier in the day that in France you'd have a 70% chance of a good omelette anywhere... I was wrong and certainly picked one in the 30% category here.The starters were uninspiring although there was a good creme caramel at the end and my wife seemed happy with her lamb dish. Not good enough to redeem itself, I'm afraid.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

My friends and I ate here one night and was really pleased with the level of service we received. Our waiter was lovely and the food was reasonably priced. Food was nice, I had the escargot to start, steak for mains and some lovely ice cream to finish. Overall good value for money and worth going to if you're on a budget but still want to taste the wonders of paris!