“Very nice evening”

Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Very nice evening”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stopped by this restaurant on our way back to hotel for a few drinks, exceptional friendly service, chatted with the owner, very nice man, sat outside, lovely balmy evening watching the world go by, unfortunately we didn't eat but menu looked delicious Merci

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank LIZ T

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Excellent”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Very good foos and great service...

Very quick, and fresh food! The place is cosy and very home like.

Canada
“Reasonable but not exciting restaurant.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to trying this Tunisian restaurant near the Museum of the Middle Ages, since we and often try Moroccan restaurants when we travel and the menu looked similar to other restaurants we'd been to.

The food at Chez Jaafar was OK, but nobody in our party was very impressed by their meal. Couscous and vegetables were OK, but merguez was not very spicy.

We've had nicer evenings at other Moroccan restaurants in Paris. Next time I'll look for something else.

• Visited August 2014
“So good I had to go back the next day”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This review is long overdue. I went to Chez Jaafar back in early February of this year. I was in Northern Europe on business, and I decided to head down to Paris for the weekend. I just loved this place. I had the special, which came with soup and tea. The soup was literally the best soup I've ever had. I'm not kidding. No exaggeration. The absolute best I've had in 30 years on this Earth. I had the inexplicable urge to smear it on my body. Anyway, yeah, the food is outstanding. I had something different the next day, because that's just how I am, and it was also excellent.

The family that runs the restaurant is also exceptionally kind, helpful, and friendly. They spoke perfect English, which was a relief because my French is atrociously bad. While I was there, I also heard him speak to some of the other customers in other languages besides French. The decor is cute, and I actually found there to be something very homey about it (although that makes no sense, because it is absolutely nothing like the place I grew up). I suppose I just found it very welcoming.

You should go here. In fact, everyone should. I wish I could be there right now.

• Visited February 2014
“D.Crossman”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, very tasty with lots of it. Service was good and friendly and were happy to cater for children.The prices were very reasonable.