“Real Cantonese Food”

Ranked #6,446 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Place d'Italie / Quartier Asiatique
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Tired of all fake Chinese restaurants? Likafo is the real deal. This is as close as you get to Hong Kong in Europe. Nothing fancy, just real Cantonese food - and it doesn't get any better than that.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I'd give it a 3.5 but scoring system doesn't do half.

I'm originally from San Francisco and also part-Chinese, so finding a good Chinese restaurant in Paris is almost impossible. My problem maybe that I'm comparing what I get in SF, to what I expect to get here in Paris. This is so wrong on so many levels. First of all, the 13eme is the largest Chinatown; however, Chinatown is predominantly populated by Chinese from southeast Asia; hence, alot of the restaurants that offer Chinese cuisine are actually a melange of Chinese/southeast style cooking, it's not better or worse, but just different.

Dim-sum restaurants are non-existent in Paris. So, typically if you go out for e.g., lunch and also dinner, it is served as an entrée and the selection is limited to "pot-stickers" or sui-mai (pork or shrimp dumplings), char sui bao (steam or baked pork buns).

This is probably one of the better restaurants that I go to on a regular basis, sometimes once a week, and typically for lunch when I'm craving Chinese. They have a varied menu, and I particularly like their soups,a and their Marmite rice dishes. I've tried their Chow fun, you can get it wet or dry, but neither did not taste like what we get in SF.

The roast dishes such as the duck and pork are very good. Shrimp dishes excellent as well.

So, if you're in Paris and craving Chinese, this is one place that will give you "good", but not great Chinese. And, trust me I've been to so many!

1  Thank RandydeParis
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Paris' chinatown is amazing as it offers a great selection of Chinese/Vietnamese restaurants. Beware that many are probably mediocre. The 'trick' is to enter a restaurant where there are many Chinese dining there. It's a good indication of a good restaurant. Likafo is one of them. Authentic cantonese cuisine. While I've read some reviews about poor service, I felt that the service was correct and appropriate.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Great restaurant to head to if all you want is good cantonese cuisine in a down to earth restaurant. Prices are reasonable and services are commensurate with the prices. I leave this restaurant happily stuffed and contented without feeling I've burnt a hole in my pocket. That's good enough for me to return to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

We came here as recommended
by Time Out Paris (red star), and as a family of expats from London of whom one lived in HK once, who have been constantly disappointed
by the poor quality Chinese food Paris has to offer. After 4 years, we've found a gem! Friendly staff, great noisy atmosphere, empty when we got her. At 7pm on a
Sunday night but full within
an hour. Fantastic food, I can recommend the roast salted duck, and the poulet croustillant was a new favourite. Kids loved the dim
sum and sweet and sour pork. We were surrounded by oriental famies chowing down, testimony to the great food. You can get good quality French wine here, if you don't fancy a Tsing Tao beer. A happy meal with none of the seeming you usually get in Parisian restaurants. Highly recommended. We will definitely be back.