“Authentic Paris Cafe”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
“Authentic Paris Cafe”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had rented a studio apartment nearby and I found this through TripAdvisor with great reviews. We were not disappointed. My friend and I shared a salad and main entre, but we could have just shared the entry and it would have been enough. The quality of the service was excellent, and far superior to anything we had in Paris, and the prices were reasonable. The service was slower than we'd expect in the US, but about what we found in Europe. The waiter could communicate in English, but was more responsive when my friend spoke in French. We arrived early enough to get a seat outside (the tables were a little crowded), but the crowd quickly grew with a clientel that predominantly young..

This was not fine dining, just a great neighborhood café.

The only complaint, as with much of Paris, was all the smoking. It seemed like everyone was smoking but us, and people were also coming out to smoke at the pub next door, and even though we were outside it got somewhat overwhelming.

We would have returned to this place again if we had found it earlier in the trip.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Waterdown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eating with the locals”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Le Petit Cafe was just down the street from our rental apartment and was on our list of recommended places to eat. My daughter and I were hungry for steak. We both enjoyed our meal and wine which was delivered promptly. She also appreciated the younger vibe there. This restaurant is unpretentious with good food and reasonable prices. If you want to fit in with the locals, check this place out.

• Visited August 2013
Paris, France
“Cosy restaurant, great and friendly service”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband loved his burger and my salad was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly despite the place being full. The wine is rather expensive but the quality is there so worth paying for. I love how quiet the terrace is, very cosy and on the lovely square in front of the Ecole Polytechnique. I will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Rude Tourists are not welcome”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I had a great experience and highly recommend this cafe. However if you don't understand and adore the French/Parisian culture please don't ruin this place for the locals. DO come prepared to converse in French, and DON'T expect them to talk to you in English. DO be prepared to relax and enjoy, DON'T be in a hurry, or expect them to hurry to you!
I had the duck confit and it was incredible. Never had it so good in USA. All others my party had great meals also. Dorado in Saffron sauce, and steak. Un pichet du Bordeaux was €9,50, et tres bonne.
As an added bonus it is located around the corner from the Pantheon, and if you've watched Midnight in Paris you may recognize the steps....

• Visited July 2013
“Warm and Friendly Paris Cafe”
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Chicken and vegetables were delicious. Waitress was so pleasant and attentive. She was working so hard to please everyone. She spoke English happily. Great experience in Paris. I would go back again and again. Great atmosphere along with great prices. Our best dining experience in Paris.