“Eco & Staff Friendly!”

Ranked #51 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Montreal, Canada
“Eco & Staff Friendly!”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This was my first time in Paris and we booked this awesome eco-friendly hotel. I absolutely LOVED this place! The decor was rustic, modern and simply gorgeous. The elevator was much bigger than most elevators in Paris hotels, the rooms were small but it was unbelievably space efficient. I loved everything about this hotel, the staff all spoke fluent English and they were all really helpful. Waking up in the morning to get coffee was like walking into your own living room, it didn't feel like a big hotel lobby and the morning staff was so friendly, a great start to my busy day in Paris. The coco-mat sheets are eco-friendly and extremely comfortable, but don't expect silk-satin style sheets- remember it's good for the environment so it's going to be a tad rough. If I had 1 complaint it would be- our last night in Paris, housekeeping cleaned EVERYTHING including all the shampoo and soap and they didn't replace them, which I thought was annoying. So we didn't have any soap to wash our hands. Grrrr. But overall, I'm definitely recommending this great hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
washington, dc
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a great stay at the Hidden Hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

Location: This was our first trip to Paris, so we were a little concerned that since the hotel is located in the 17th, we would be a little out of the way. However, it turned out that our worries were completely unfounded! We were quite pleased with the location--it is only about a five minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe and the CDG Etoile train station. On our last day, we learned that there is an entrance to the Etoile train station on Avenue Carnot--which is even closer to the hotel. The Etoile station links almost all of the major lines The hotel is about a 10 min walk from the top of Champs Elysees,

We also liked the neighborhood because it was a little more residenital, but still had lots of upscale shops and restaurants. It is a pretty quiet neighborhood, with the exception of what appeared to be a few popular bars/restaurants.

Rooms: While the rooms were defintely small, I thought they had a really great use of space.The bed was very comfortable. The shower was great. Everything was very clean and felt relatively new. Our room came with a balcony area which we really loved--it overlooked a courtyard and some neighboring apartments and was very quiet and quaint.

Staff: Overall, they were helpful and cordial. We got a great recommendation for a restaurant for our last night in Paris (Reche). The reception staff are all fluent in English. I found them to be helpful in answering our questions.

Breakfast: We thought the price for breakfast seemed a little high (around 15-18Euros) and only ordered it one morning. However, we actually enjoyed it quite a bit--there were many options and all of the food was very tasty (actually some of the better bread and pastries we had in Paris). We were full for the remainder of that day.

The price was a little higher than I would have preferred to spend. However, I searched extensively and did not find anything better for less during the window that we stayed in Paris. Overall, I think we made the right choice with the Hiden Hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kam1908
san francisco
Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

Staying at the fabulous Exception room ,602! It's everything that I wAbted for my Paris leg of the trip. Crisp clean sheets, amazing mattress (pillows were unique but I think it helped stopped my snoring, hehe - hotel uses coco fabric) rooms were designed to be a total escape from the hustle n bustle (and sometimes can be over the top) of this city. Service is top notch, Eloide (I am spelling it wrong) was über friendly, gave us tips not just for our stay in Paris but for future visits, even remembered that I wasn't feeling too well in the
Morning and asked me how I was doing when I got back in the afternoon.

Location is right in the heart of it all (close to the air France shuttle as well) Located on a small quaint street.. Could get a tiny noisy in the Mprning but that's Paris for you!

Didn't try the breakfast but it looks great. Lobby is cozy and have a great selection of drinks.

Overall I am loving it here!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank markvreyes
hiddenhotel, Propriétaire at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Hello,
Room 602 is a sensation room. The exception rooms will be openning in the extension openning next week june 18th and the exception rooms july 2nd.

Hope to see you soon,
London
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I am so glad to have found Hidden Hotel on my recent Paris trip with my husband. It has always been quite difficult to pick the 'right' hotel for your holiday but Hidden Hotel has exceeded our expectations. Though our room was quite small, the layout of the room was so cleverly designed that it didn't matter as at the end of the day, there was such a nice cosy feel to it. We stayed for 4 nights in room 105 which had a private terrace - beautifully laid wooden flooring. The room had an A/C unit, a good size safe (we were able to put our laptops in!), great hot rainforest shower, big flat screen TV, and the bed... arrr.. the great COCO-mat bedding - you'll just have to experience this yourself. Breakfast was lovely with homemade croissant and many other things to choose from - yoghurts, cereals, fresh fruit salad, cured meats, smoked salmon to name a few. The hotel is literally 2 minutes walk to Arc de Triomphe and 1 minute from the metro station. Staff were very friendly, extremely helpful and always smiling. Great great place to stay and really made our Paris trip memorable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Chusana_p
hiddenhotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thanks so much for you feedback. I'm so touched about your comments. With comments like yours we know why we are getting up in the morning ! To make the more greatful the stay of our customers.
Enjoy travel and looking forward welcoming you soon again
UK
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I have had the great good fortune to stay in some incredible hotels in the world but this one just 'fitted'. It felt like being at home - only slightly better! Everywhere looks beautiful, the bed (although very small - larger rooms not available when we booked) really comfortable with the much talked about bedding, shower/bathroom area stylish and functioned perfectly. Wi-fi, TV (very large flat screen Sony - made catching up on the French Open tennis a pleasure!) etc. Breakfast delicious, staff friendly and helpful. The situation was perfect for sight-seeing and there are many very good restaurant/bistros in the area. All in all, we can't fault it and will return as soon as possible. Thank you Hidden Hotel for a wonderful four days.

Room Tip: The 140cm bed is a little small when you have a 200cm x 200cm bed at home but fortunately it was sti...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue2404
hiddenhotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Sue2404,
Glad to have you feedback on your stay. We'd be delighted to have you again in our new extension opening 2012 June 18th.
Best regards,
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hidden Hotel at the end of April. Our experience with the hotel couldn't have been any better. The staff was extremely friendly and willing to help us with anything that we needed. We always felt at home here. As said before the breakfast spread was the epitome of a Parisian Breakfast with many choices. The woman preparing the breakfast was always willing to chat with us about our stay and what to do with our time while in Paris. The hotel is perfectly located being close enough to everything without being right in the center of tourist-town. The subway was only a couple of blocks away near the Arc de Triomphe. A walk down Champ-Elysees into the Tuileries was a great stroll and only took about 20 minutes.
The best for last. My wife lost a very important ring there the last night of our trip. We couldn't find it anywhere. I emailed them once we left to ask if they found it and replied saying they did! The ring was sent to us safe and sound within a week (we live in the US)! I expect a lot from people in the hospitality business and this hotel never failed to exceed my expectations. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
hiddenhotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
So glad that you enjoyed you stay and really proud of the staff which assisted you. Do not hesitate to discover the extension of 12 rooms with 2 exception rooms of 34m2. Opening next week june the 18th !
Best regards