“Magic in the middle of Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hidden Hotel by Elegancia

Hidden Hotel by Elegancia
Ranked #51 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Lyon
“Magic in the middle of Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I am travelling quite a lot and spending many nights in hotels. My night at the hidden hotel counts amongst the best I have ever spent in a hotel. Location is very central and in a very agreable neighbourhood. As soon as you step into the reception area you feel transported...the decoration is warm, original. It's small and cosy, almost like stepping into a living room. The bar leaves the choice between sitting or lounging...cocktails are delicious. The hotel rooms themselves are wonderfully spacious (rare for Paris!!!) and perfectly designed. The bed makes you want to stay there all day...I was here for a business trip but now I'll be back, with company next time!;) More wonder: the rooms are quiet (usually hotels are noisy, either noise from other rooms or from the street). Here it was pieceful, quiet - again this feeling as if staying at a friend's place and not at a hotel. Breakfast was a discovery: leaving the choice between healthy fruity and sweet or more dense, warm and rich. Again, will have to come back just to make that choice again. Extremely friendly staff, all speaking many different languages (rare in Paris!). Service was perfect and quick. Two thumbs up for that hotel which I will define as THE insider hotel tip of Paris. Hidden it was, now it's discovered!

Room Tip: No worries, all rooms are perfect. I had the room next to the elevator and it was still perfectly qu...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Alexandra,
A big THANK YOU! for having chosen the Hidden Hotel for your new "pied à terre" in Paris! We are delighted having "recruited a new Hidden fan" and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
... and Mauro, our barman, can't wait to mix some more cocktails for you! :-)
Happy Holidays & many more Hidden Experiences in 2014!
Best regards from Paris,
Directrice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

My husband and I spent 4 days in Paris in August and we are so glad we stayed at Hidden Hotel. From the moment we walked in we were impressed with the rustic natural decor and the pleasant staff. We speak little to no French and were still able to communicate well with the staff. We were assisted up to our room, the "Exception" room which was very spacious and romantic. We brought a fair amount of luggage and were not lacking for space whatsoever. We noticed right away we hadn't brought appropriate power adaptors and the gentleman at the front desk who had helped us upstairs was more than happy to provide us with one. Now the details of why I loved this hotel. The shower was amazing - after several hours of travel from Canada it was the most invigorating shower I've had in awhile. The stone bath tub was beautiful to unwind in after a day of walking the streets of Paris. And the bed.....my husband and I would be grateful if the Hidden Hotel would provide us with information as to where to order it because it was truly one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in in my life. And I'm picky! Free Wifi was greatly appreciated so we could upload pictures of our trip to Paris. The breakfast was awesome....if you love hard cheeses, fresh fruits, delicious coffee and awesome pastries, which we absolutely do! I could have eaten that breakfast for days on end. I never wanted to leave this hotel - if we ever return to Paris we will have to come back! Thank you Hidden Hotel!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a spacious room the Exception room is amazing!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lauren M,
Thank you so much for sharing your impressions about your stay with us at the Hidden Hotel on TripAdvisor! We are delighted that you and your husband had a wonderful time with us and that you appreciated your Suite Exception!
Sending you our Season's Greetings and wishing you all the very best for 2014,
Warmest regards,
bucks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Sunday just gone and all I can say is WOW!
Where to begin, pulling up outside the hotel looks lovely, something different bout it, something that's puts a smile on your face as you know your in for a treat. Walking in your greeted with some of the most friendly staff I've come across in a hotel, so happy and their English was very good as my French is a tad limited to hello and thank you!
The front desk staff were so helpful, explained all the details we needed to know and the lady even took my two bags for me to my room.
The hotel inside is just wonderful, nothing I'd really seen before, beautiful! It has a nice cute bar open 24hrs which was good!!
Our room was a lovely big suite, I read on line it was a hotel for lovers, and it's right, out room was all open meaning if your laying in bed you can watch your partner bath or shower or even wash their teeth. It was really an exceptional room.
The hotels location is ideal for exploring the city, a close walk to champs élysées, bars and many restaurants.
Having a 24hr bar my partner and I came back one evening for a nightcap only to find a young man working at front desk who was only to helpful to serve us our drinks, after a couple of wines he even bought me a round, cheers mate.
A nice touch in the lobby area is a board where fellow guests have pinned up business cards of bars and restaurants they've come across and recommend to you. But ask the staff anything and they'll have an answer for you.
All in all I would say its a stunning 4 star hotel with 5 star staff, next time I'm in the city in coming back for sure.
There is only one bad thing I have to say and that's I had to leave in the end!!!
Many thanks for making my weekend trip a pleasure and very enjoyable one, hope many more people get to experience it.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear AmericanKyle,
What a pleasure for all of us here at the Hidden Hotel to read your raving review! Thank you so much! ... and we are delighted to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay in one of our Exception Suites! ... and we do hope that you will be back next year! For your information: next year it will be even better: we have decided to include complimentary breakfast for every guest staying in one of our Exception Suites if the booking is done directly on our website. A complimentary minibar and Nespresso machine will still be at your disposal during your stay. In addition to that you will also find a BOSE docking station in your Suite.
All that to ensure that you will even have a better time at the Hidden Hotel! :-)
Vienna, Wien, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is the most beautiful boutique hotel I have ever stayed in. In addition, I have hardly ever experienced such a professional and warmly service. Full recommendation for this hotel. Excellent location, close to the arc de triomphe. Breakfast was delicious, due to the fact that everything was fresh. The interior design made it a special highlight during my stay in Paris. I will definitely chose this hotel again for my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Philipp,
What should I say? I am delighted about your review ..... and the fact that you have had such a wonderful time with us at the Hidden Hotel and that you will stay with us again, the next time you are in Paris!
It is so great for all of us of the Hidden Team to hear that our hotel was, as you state, an excellent choice! Thank you so much for your feedback and à très bientôt!
Alinde
Daintree
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was the second Elegencia Hotel I stayed at & its was great!

I deliberately chose this Hotel as it shared the same aesthetic of my Yoga Studio I was about to build so went to get some great design ideas & it didn't disappoint!

As soon as you enter you let out a beautiful exhale as the interior is warm, earthy & inviting.
It really feels like a retreat. I prepaid for a standard room which was more than perfect for me.

The rooms are even better where everything is considered & beautifully detailed. The beds are fantastically comfortable, The complimentary eco slippers I still have & the small touches so French. The breakfast wasn't warm but well worth a try as the selection was fresh, the variety amazing & endless.

Its location is right by the Arc De Triomphe & the Champs Elysee. If you love shopping hten this is the place to be! TIP: around the corner of Luis Vuitton are 2 great restaurants on George V, Miss Ko (dinner) & a very reasonably priced Paradis du Fruit next door. These are the places to eat for sure!

The only issue I had was with reception. I tried my best French but their was one moment where they sniggered at eachother & spoke in French about me in my presence thinking I wouldn't understand ( I did!) which was a little off putting.

That said they were very helpful & in no way would it stop me returning or recommending this wonderful hotel.

Its funny really because I experienced very little 'French rudeness' in Paris. It must be hard to have your hometown invaded with people refusing to speak your language & I know the government has gone to great lengths to improve this aspect especially in Paris which seems to have been heard.

Its a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Pre pay online to get the best deal. Their standard rooms are still fabulous!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael J
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Michael J,
Thank you so much for sharing your impressions about your stay at the Hidden Hotel on TripAdvisor. As the General Manager of the hotel, I am delighted to hear that, overall, you had a pleasant stay in our hotel, however, on the other side, I am very concerned about your comment with regards to your experience at the Front Desk. Please do note that I have already shared your comments with our Front Office Team. All members of our team are trained to assist our guests to make their stay even more enjoyable - and respect for all guests whereever they come from, is an important part of our training.
For your future stay at the Hidden Hotel, please do contact me directly. I will be delighted to assist you and look forward to welcoming you back.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Recently stayed at Hidden Hotel for 4 nights and loved every second of it. Clean, comfortable and designed in a minimalistic yet elegant way with an obvious focus on sustainability. Staff was very welcoming and helpful. Hotel rooms are typically small in Paris so mentioning it seems unavailing -the room was clean, cozy and probably had the most comfortable mattress we've ever slept on. Will be back here soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marc B
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear SommMarc,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive impressions about your stay with us at the Hidden Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time in Paris and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warmest regards from France to Thailand!
Noosa, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Do yourself a favour and check the availability of the Hidden Hotel when you are considering travelling to Paris. This was our first time in Paris and the location was absolutely perfect. Access to the hotel from the airports is very easy, the Air France bus (and you don't have to fly Air France) drops you just around the corner from the Hotel. The staff are so very helpful and friendly and they all speak English which was an added bonus for us as our French was limited. Nothing was a problem for them, they even organised a car rental for us at short notice. The rooms are quite small but I believe that is a common thing in Paris, but they are clean, modern and a little funky. Very nice to come home to at the end of a busy touristy day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tracy H
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Tracey H,
It is wonderful to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us at the Hidden Hotel. Our entire team is always there to assist & advise our guests the best they can, in order to make our guests' stay even more enjoyable!
Thank you so much for your positive comments & à très bientôt at the Hidden Hotel!
Warmest regards,