“Fabulous service from concierge. Will stay next time!”
Review of Hidden Hotel

Hidden Hotel
Ranked #46 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 2 March 2014

On a business trip to Paris my colleagues and I wandered the streets for at least an hour looking for a delicious place for dinner. Overwhelmed by the 'tourist' menus we were really hesitant to just pop into any restaurant. We wandered past the Hidden hotel and were curious so we stopped in thinking it may be a restaurant/bar.

The bartender said 'no food' but pointed us towards the concierge for suggestions. The concierge was FANTASTIC. Three young ladies that jumped to help us! One is particular was fabulous! She suggested two restaurants within walking distance but the menus were not in English. She welcomed us into the back of her tiny 'office' where she had a computer and proceeded to translate each menu into English for us. She was so sweet and accommodating! My colleagues and I felt a little guilty when the hotel concierge realized we weren't staying at the hotel and I think they may have been a little disappointed but the bottom line was when I travel I'm always looking for that experience of a lifetime! These ladies were proof that this hotel definitely caters to their guests (and non-guests) and look forward to my next trip to Paris and stay at the Hidden Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alyssa E
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Alyssa,
Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments about our concierge service on TripAdvisor ! We really appreciate this and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hidden Hotel, the next time you are in Paris !
All the very best,
Alinde

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend. The rooms are beautiful ( they are quite small, but space is used very effectively). The breakfast was absolutely lovely, the staff are very friendly and spoke English almost perfectly.
The bar is gorgeous, great cocktails and furnished beautifully. The location is great, just a few minutes to the arc de triomphe and within walking distance to many great sights inc the Eiffel Tower. The entire atmosphere of this hotel is so relaxing and comfortable, I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Cookiemonster87,
What a pleasure reading your review! We at the Hidden are all delighted that you had a great time with us, that you enjoyed our fresh homemade breakfast and the cocktail creations at the Hidden Bar (mady by Mauro...!) and that you would choose again our lovely little hotel for your next time in Paris! :-)
Thank you so much et à très bientôt au Hidden Hotel!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed for two nights with my husband for the rugby. The room was not ready when we arrived but were told it would be 45 minutes. An hour & a half later we were still waiting. I reminded the receptionist and suddenly the room was ready. We stayed in the building next door on the fourth floor. The room was tiny ( I suppose to be expected in central paris) but did still take me by surprise as I walked into the end of the bed coming through the door. The wardrobe consists of a small pole with 5 hangers on. It is decorated beautifully and the bed was extremely comfortable. The shower was beautiful as well. Just overall very very small and felt very claustrophobic unless you were on the bed. Not really anywhere to even stand & change.
The breakfast was amazing, such a great selection and very Parisian - we enjoyed immensely, meats, quiches, cheeses, really fresh juices. breads, fruits, omelettes etc It is a really convenient spot being 5mins from the Champs Elysee. We would stay there again but probably not take as big a suitcase to give us more room

1  Thank babyharry5
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear BabyHarry,
We would like to thank you for having taken the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor, and are delighted that, overall, you have enjoyed your stay with us.
For your next visit to Paris, you could actually travel with the same size or even with bigger suitcases. We only would suggest to book one of our more spacious rooms for that - Look out for our Sensation Room or even one of our two Exception suites! Space will then not be an issue anymore!
Warmest regards from the City of Lights,
GM

Reviewed 30 January 2014

The Hotel is great, modern, with a cool design. Very well situated, just few minutes from Arc de Triomphe in a good, safe neighborhood. The stuff is so so nice and welcoming. All in all, nicely Hidden from a noisy Paris:)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 978yu_lia
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Bonjour from Paris,
Thank you for your positive feedback about the Hidden Hotel! It is always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoy our hotel and - most of all - feel welcome by the Hidden Team!
Hope to see you again soon at our lovely hotel,
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed two nights in a larger room, which in fact wasn't very large. The design of the room and lobby area was boutique african style. It was special, nice, something different. Very comfortable bed. The hallway to the hotel rooms was very small and narrow. The service was very friendly and breakfast quality was really good for French/Parisian standard. Overall value was good for a Parisian hotel paying a nightly rate of around 170 euro including breakfast for two persons.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank johfri

Dear JohFri,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Hidden Hotel for your stay in Paris and for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our hotel as well as the breakfast - as you now know, we are preparing each & every day for our guests: freshly baked danish pastries, cakes & quiches, salads!
See you again at the Hidden Hotel!
Best regards from Paris,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed with my boyfriend in Hidden hotel for 2 days. Overall it was a lovely experience. The hotel has a gorgeous rustic design and is so central it is perfect for sightseeing and going out in the evening. The 24 hour reception staff are happy to serve drinks late at the bar and the rooms were very quaint and clean.

We were slightly unfortunate in that our room was not ready when we arrived, however we were offered a free drink by Xavier which was absolutely fine. When we went to get ready on our first evening out, unfortunately the hot water was not working in our room, a member of staff did come and check it and it appeared fine but it then stopped working again. We had to move to another room in a separate building meaning walking outside both soaking wet! We did not mind this at all as these things happen but I had to ask if we could stay in the other room as the member of staff suggested we go there only to shower and walk back to our original room. I did not find his attitude great and perhaps would have expected an apology for not having hot water which led to us missing our dinner plans.

However, mention again has to go to Xavier, who recommended a wonderful restaurant for us on our 2nd night (Boucherie Rouliere in District 6) which we thoroughly enjoyed and who also arranged a late check out due to the problems we had.

I think we were slightly unlucky and had the shower incident not happened I would not really have anything negative to stay. I would recommend this hotel although would say to check on travel sites for a good deal as standard rates are a little expensive for the small room sizes.

Room Tip: The smallest size room is very tiny so I would advise going for the next option up.

Dear RoxanneEm,
Thank you for sharing your impressions about your stay at the Hidden Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are happy that, overall, you had a good stay with us and your requests were handled in a timely manner. For future stays in Paris, please note that the very best deals are available on the hotel's own website, however I personnally would be happy to assist you too.
Warmest regards from Paris,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The location is good too. I stayed in January 2014 and we enjoyed our stay and liked the hotel, although I was disappointed that in the morning, the hot water for the shower ran out and ran ice cold after 1 minute. I went to breakfast, came back after half an hour and tried again but it ran cold again after 1 minute -I had been hoping for more than a cold shower for €299 per night.

Reception was very helpful, looked into it, told me the hot water system wasn't broken and offered me a room in the sister hotel next door where I could take hot shower before I checked out. They didn't seem surprised the hot water had run out though.

3  Thank Sparkus2014
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Sparkus20,
I would like to thank for complimenting the friendliness of the Hidden Team, and I am delighted that, overall, you have had a good time in Paris. Please do note that - even if you had the impression we have'nt - we have actually taken your comments very seriously with regards to the water issue - since then, the plumbing installation has been fully checked and serviced, and I am happy to say that such "cold shower incidents" are in the past. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by this experience. So, whenever you are back in Paris, please do contact me directly. I will be very happy to take care of your booking myself - room upgrade & full VIP treatment included!
Best regards from Paris to London,