“Even my husband's excellent choppers could not chew throught the meat”
Review of Chez Pierrot - CLOSED

Chez Pierrot
Price range: US$30 - US$42
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Chez Pierrot restaurant in Paris, in a very typically Parisian quarter between the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides, fulfills every expectation you've squirreled away of what a real French bistro should be. From the curving red awning to the antique posters, the comfy banquettes to the red and white table linens covered with paper, it's all fabulously right, even a touch kitsch. The menu features cuisine de terroir, dishes like cream of asparagus soup with croutons, tripe ragout Lyonnais style, roasted goats cheese salad with pain de campagne. Wines are good, of course, but the house cocktail is the mojito. The service is precise and professional and utterly attentive. A great find.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have to leave this review because I hope the restaurant will take note and treat their customers with more respect.
We chose this place for lunch because it had a nice welcoming atmosphere. The waitress was also pleasant. The food AND the wine, however... We have ordered the most expensive red wine sold by half-bottle on the waitress's recommendation. It was off. It tasted almost like port with the browning of colour as the bottle was probably opened for a long time. My husband drank some, I have requested a glass of another wine commenting that the wine in the carafe was old. We got charged for both. The fried calalmari I had were uneventful but it was the main course that I could not believe was served to me in such a nice little place. I have ordered skewered meat with salad. I can't quite remember, possibly it was beef steak. When it arrived I was initially happy that it was soft - not overcooked I thought. And it was true, it was hardly cooked at all, probably because if it was you wouldn't have been able to get your teeth through it all. It must have been the stewing steak that has been used. Out of four pieces one was edible. Two other pieces I had to spit out having tried to chew through at least a bit very hard, the third was spat out by my husband who was also in disbelief that such food would be offered.
We left wondering if it was disrespect for the customers that old wine and food of such substandard quality would be served.

4  Thank faustcan
There are newer reviews for Chez Pierrot

Reviewed 26 July 2013

we only called in for a coffee and dessert, we had the plum tart it was delicious, the waitress was very friendly and translated the menu for us. the menu was very good and well priced but we weren't hungry in the heat.alot of locals eat here which is usually a good sign.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

My partner and i visited the restaurant after doing some research online before our visit to Paris as we were staying in the 'Jardins d'Eiffel' Hotel right across the street. The service was wonderful and the owner able to speak very good English which made us feel very comfortable. The food was absolutely faultless and one of the best dinners we had ever eaten, along with the reasonable pricing of the dishes, we would definitely return, perfect!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Charming little resturant with very good food/very good service and good value. We came baed on TA reviews and were not disappointed. We made a reservation on La Fourchette. We were greeted warmly and the service throughout the dinner was very friendly. My dinner of duck was excellent and my husband's cod was probably the best he has ever had. Appetizers and desserts did not disappoint.
We had a lovely evening.

1  Thank Louvain71
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The Chez Pierrot is a very good neighborhood restaurant with very good french cooking and service. The daily specials are interesting and a good value.