“Local and lovely”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Chez Pierrot restaurant in Paris, in a very typically Parisian quarter between the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides, fulfills every expectation you've squirreled away of what a real French bistro should be. From the curving red awning to the antique posters, the comfy banquettes to the red and white table linens covered with paper, it's all fabulously right, even a touch kitsch. The menu features cuisine de terroir, dishes like cream of asparagus soup with croutons, tripe ragout Lyonnais style, roasted goats cheese salad with pain de campagne. Wines are good, of course, but the house cocktail is the mojito. The service is precise and professional and utterly attentive. A great find.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a simple restaurant in the heart of the 7th arrondissement. It offers value menus and a reasonable a la carte. Our hotel was close by and we did not wish to go far and did not need to. My sole meuniere was perfectly cooked and the accompanying ratatouille and steamed potatoes a perfect accompaniment. My wife's scallops wet absolutely au point and generous. The cheeses we ordered were in good condition and the bread was fresh as well textured. Wine by the bottle or the glass is reasonably priced. Paris has some of the best but most expensive, restaurants in the world. It also offers simpler and satisfying offerings like Chez Pierrot where the staff work hard to deliver value in a friendly manner. We will rerun on our next trip to Paris in the autumn.

4  Thank Woollybear

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The restaurant is small and quaint and appears to involve the entire family in its operation. We thoroughly enjoyed the entire meal from salad through dessert. We went with the fixed price special; and while it did not include the entire menu, there were a variety of choices. We loved it!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This restaurant provided a genuine French food experience. It is a small restaurant with great food and great atmosphere. It is not in a main street so tourists wouldn't normally find it. Fortunately I was taken there by local people.
The waitress spoke very good English.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I wasn't sure whether to go into this restaurant as I would be the only one in there at the time, but I was greeted politely and shown to my "Unfashionably-Early-Here-On-Business-Table-For-One".

The waiter was sympathetic and accommodating of my poor French language and two courses and a drink were duly ordered.

And what courses they were! The food is beautiful. But better still, the waiter really knew his stuff when it came to the wine. His recommendations paired perfectly with what I ordered and his enthusiasm for the menus generally were way above expectations.

The wine list was excellent, even by-the-glass, and everything else, including dessert, coffee and digestifs were also excellent. I nearly went back the following night; only stopping myself for fear of displaying obsessive tendencies! Chez Pierrot really is that good.

I'm back in Paris again at the end of this month and I will absolutely be visiting here again.

3  Thank AndyJeff5
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Smelt the cooking as we went past as we were in the 7Eiffel Hotel up the road so we decided to eat there on day 2 of our trip. Very friendly, good menu and good value with the 3 course formule at 30 euros. All very tasty and cooked beautifully, decent house wine and great service - all at a good price for Paris - recommended!