“a visual and tasty experience”
Review of Le Tourbillon

Le Tourbillon
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Tourbillon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,218 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$27 - US$61
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mere moments from the beautiful Parc Monceau in the 17eme is the superb Le Tourbillon, opened in late 2008 but already a hit. The much mentioned interior is pure class with a pure monochrome, timeless look, just right for romantic dinners and family celebrations alike, not to mention business lunches. Scrolled back chairs in gleaming gold sit opposite studded black banquettes, bold artworks hang above carefully laid tables. Created purely with excellent French cuisine at affordable prices in mind, the atmosphere might be expensive but the menu is a surprise to any pocket. Run by formidable team Rebecca, on the floor, and Cedric in the kitchen, expect perfection every step of the way.
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Every part of our meal was a delightful experience.
Appetizer: Liver sausages accompanied by small salad with pine nuts and a honey (but not sweet) dressing. Scrambled eggs with truffles and spices. This is unlike you have made at home, they were cooked but just. Yumm.
Main: Sea break with light truffle topping and served on a bed of white beans in a very light tomato broth.
Desserts also excellent.
Wine list short but very good, service excellent.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

During my second trip to Paris, my daughter and I were so tired we just went to this lettle resteraunt near our hotel. It is a small intimate resteraunt. Not the most friendly place in Paris. The food presentation was excellent as was the wine, however we were not impressed with the food. Each item on the plate had exactly the same texture, ground up and mushy.

2  Thank herself_linda
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Thanks to the brilliant front of house lady at the Hotel 5, my fiance and I paid a visit to Tourbillon on our trip to Paris last month. We wanted something French, yet inexpensive and this is exactly what we got.

The restaurant is small, so I'm glad that we booked. We opted for the set price menu, which was around 25 euros each for a starter and main. The food was delicious and well presented, and the service was professional and welcoming.

My favourite part of the meal was the bread and pate they gave us whilst we were waiting for our starter. I am not a fan of fish, and I HATE tuna, so I was completely surprised when the lady told us that the pate was made from 'Tuna Fish'. It was white and mixed with herbs, and smelt nothing like fish but I couldn't get enough of it. I wish I knew how it was made as I would love to try it again.

I wasn't impressed with Paris but if I ever made a trip back, I would go out of my way to visit this lovely little restaurant again.

1  Thank saraviolet
Reviewed 1 March 2011

With our first day in Paris under our belts, but being completely knackered from an early start and walking/queuing around the Effiel Tower along with wandering around Père Lachaise we needed somewhere to eat that was close to our hotel and the receptionist came up with Le Tourbillon.

Now, we’re the kind of people who when we go away we try to blend in With the locals and eat local specialities and prior to this visit to Paris we asked friends who had been there “where should we eat?” and we were met with answers of X is a brilliant Brazillian restaurant or Y is fantastic Italian. To me that totally misses the point! Thankfully, with this suggestion of Le Tourbillon we were satiated with our quest for local cuisine.
The restaurant is modern in its décor and its dishes, but the prices are quite low for Paris. We were a little dismayed when we arrived and found only one other party (three people) dining, however these fears were quickly allayed when the food arrived and as the night wore on the place started to fill up, so by the time we left there were people waiting in the bar area (the place is only small (20 covers or so), so this shows you the esteem the place has).

For my starter I had the scrambled eggs with black truffle; to be honest I was a little disappointed, I was expecting something amazing (having never had truffle before), but it just tasted like normal scrambled eggs – good but nothing special. The better half had artichoke soup and foie gras on toast. The foie gras I could take or leave but the soup was excellent.

As usually I’m a big beer drinker, it was with some trepidation that I approached drinking in Paris as I’m not that much of a wine drinker – I can stomach the occasional Pinot Grigio, but I’ll be longing for a Czech Pilsner. So, when we took the plunge here it was on the recommendation of one of the better half’s friends and we had a Chinon (red wine). I was pleasantly surprised and it went down really well.

I had scallops and mash (not really sure they go together but was very tasty!) and the other half had veal and roasted vegetables which both she and I agreed was excellent. Neither of us had dessert as we aren’t big dessert fans

In total the bill came to around 70 euros which we thought was very acceptable as Paris is a VERY expensive city. Definitely recommended, try and book in advance so you aren’t left out in the cold (literally!) as this great place to eat.

Reviewed 11 December 2009

After reading a glowing review on new bistros in Paris, we walked in without reservations and were rewarded with a personable and charming welcome by the Tessier's, the young Chef and his wife who own Le Tourbillon. One of the best 3 course lunches ever including an appetizer of house-marianted salmon, with blinis and dill creme freche, and main courses, pan-roasted cod with crispy skin, and plump seared scallops, skewered on rosemary branches on a wonderful pumpkin puree. GO BEFORE YOU CAN'T GET IN.

1  Thank PaulSnood