“Great location”

My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture
Ranked #1,064 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here in April for a leisure trip in France. The room is substantial it was small but Seems to be standard in most hotels in Paris. the location however was great. The metro is just 3 minutes walk which takes us to the main places to see quite easily. The neighborhood Is great night out location. We didn't have problems looking for restaurants even at 10pm...the shopping area is close by. The hotel is next to a nice bakery and also there is a 24 hour shop close by where you can buy the basics. The hotel staff are great. In the morning, we pick up our snacks which are free. Very useful in Paris esp things are costly. I highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ara V
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Good afternoon,

We are really pleased that you enjoy your stay in our hotel and we really thank you for your comment about your trip.
We also hope you saw everything you want in Paris.
Do not hesitate to come again in Paris, there are so much things to see and do and espescially in My Hotel Le Marais.

I hope to see you soon...

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is on the edge of the delightful Marais district of Paris. This is ideally located for sightseeing (many of the major landmarks are in walking distance and we also managed to walk from the hotel to Gare du Nord with baggage) as well as enjoying the wonderful range of restaurants and bars in the immediate area. We had a room on the 1st floor which overlooked the street. The room had everything that we needed and was clean. However, it was rather cramped for space and fairly basically furnished. The en suite facilities had a shower rather than a bath. However, this is central Paris and we felt that we did get what we had paid for. The hotel lift was extraordinarily small and could not accommodate more than one person with luggage. This was not a problem for us as we used the stairs most of the time. The self-service breakfast buffet was again fairly basic but entirely acceptable, The staff are incredibly friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank streathamtraveller

Hello Sir,

First of all, my Hotel Le Marais team thank you for your comments. It really help us so as to improve our quality.
We hope your stay was great and that you enjoyed your room and the hotel itself.
We apologize for the small size of the room but it usually the case for hotel in Paris.
For your next stay, feel free to reserve directly with the website or by mail in order to get our offer " ALL FOR YOU " composed of : a welcome dring when you arrive, a sandwich, a bottle of water and some fruits during your stay.

See you soon...

Regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I've always said it only a place to seep, this hotel challenged what my minimum requirements are.

Reception overall friendly and helpful check in was quick and efficient, room was not ready till 2PM but luggage storage is free. There is not a "luggage Room" and your luggage is not tagged or labeled by the hotel, they place it in public areas in my case the breakfast room so not the most secure setup wasn't really comfortable with this arraignment.

Room is very small not the smallest I've stayed in but close and the small space is not efficiently setup storage is very limited no way to really unpack and settle in, a few hangers and 1 shelf no drawers and getting to the "closet" required climbing over the end of the bed. On the plus side the room looks very clean fresh white linens floor is some sort of dull looking laminate and probably selected to come close to the original wood floor.

Bathroom is clean and newer looking white tile but functionally almost unusable the sink is to large for the space and overlaps the toilet you have squeeze between them to get into the shower. The shower space large enough but they have used a smaller shower floor and placed the water taps in the center versus on the end so seems 1/2 the size makes showing less than pleasant additionally there is not a door on the bathroom but its a single room so probably not an issue and wasn't for me.

The hotel uses electronic key cards but does not change them after each guest they have the room number tapped on the card and you are requested to leave the key card at the reception desk when leaving the hotel for "securely proposes" the door to my room did not close correctly and unless the door was slammed shut it was not locked (who needs a key card) this seems to be the case with other rooms as the door slamming goes on each evening and morning as guests come and go. Room also has no safe, I believe there is one at reception but not sure.

Breakfast, skip it. Went down midway thru their service 9AM (7:30 to 10AM) on my first morning almost noting remained and didn't seem like they were refreshing any items. Space is small and just not relaxing to be in not the way I want to start my day off.

Internet is actually very good download speed was 10 Mbps up load slow at .24 Mbps (ok I ran a speed test it was raining I had some time to kill) You need a different code for each device I asked and they were happy to give me a 2nd log in and password.

Location is just fair its a minimum 15 minute walk anywhere you go and I found myself thinking "I could have stayed there" as I passed other hotels on my way out of the hotel. Not really central Marais almost closer to Bastille.

The elevator has been covered by many other reviews just think coffin for the size and I'm not kidding I used the stairs!

Overall this is hotel is probably not a bad value I booked with my airline mile so don't really know how much I would have paid but it took as many miles as a round trip coach ticket from the US to Paris so that is valued at 1000 not worth that much to me I believe I could have booked this for about 600 USD for the 4 nights that probably the top end of what I would pay less would be better. Would I book this hotel again?, not likely unless I got a very very good deal.

FYI if your on the front it is noisy with the windows open but in the morning you smell the Baguettes being baked next door.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Calvin T
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Good afternoon,

We really thank you for your comments. It enables us to improve our services and of course, our quality. To go back over some points you quote, first, concerning the key of the room, we ask to give us back the key each time you leave the hotel so as to serve as a security. Some forget the key somewhere. So, it is just for more security. Moreover, concerning the strong box, the hotel provide one at the reception desk.
For your next stay in our hotel, do not hesitate to book your room directly with the hotel in order to get our offer "all for you" :
- your welcome drink
- your room
- a lunch box
- a free wifi connexion

See you next time !

Best regards

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Arrived at the hotel to be told - they didn't have a room for me & put me in a cab across town for one night (staying in Paris for 4) therefore I pretty much wasted half a day in transferring between and checking in and out and packing suitcases / lugging them in the elevator.
My compensation - free lunch coupons that were part of the deal anyways??
Room was very tiny which I expect however the 3rd slanted so much that I had to sleep up the other end of the bed to avoid all the blood rushing to my head while sleeping.
I was in a front room & it was very noisy at night. You can also hear the people in the next room.
The roof above the shower had a hole - so you could see right through.
I guess it was a bed to rest and the water pressure was good & the metro was close.
Would I stay there again - no.

• Stayed: October 2013

Good afternoon Sir,

First of all, we really want to apologize us for the way we drive you out of the hotel. But there was a misunderstanding and a technical problem so the best solution we found is to change your hotel for one night, but we are really sorry about that.
If you decided to come back again in My Hotel In France Le Marais, we will do the best to make you a good stay and we will do also a goodwill gesture.

Feel free, next time, to book directly with the hotel, by phone, by the website or by mail in order to get our offer "All For you" :

- A welcome drink
- Your room
- A lunch box
- A free wifi connexion

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed here for one night before our apartment in Paris was ready. It was very small (we expected this) but was clean and had everything we needed for our short stay. Shower was small (again we expected this) but good water pressure. Our room had a fan which was great for the summer heat. Breakfast had a decent selection and wifi connection was good. Staff not the most helpful. Location was great, close to several metros and in a very pretty area with plenty of shops + restaurants.
Great for a short stay in Paris

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear guest,

My Hotel In France Le Marais team thank you for your valuable comments about your stay in our hotel.
I hope you had enjoy your stay in our hotel and in Paris.
Next time... don't hesitate to book directly with the hotel in order to have :
- a welcome drink
- a Lunch box with a sandwich, a bottle of water and a fruit
- a free connexion to internet

See you next time...

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Found this hotel excellent for its location, just around the corner is a Metro station which you can then travel all over Paris. The downside to this hotel is the noise. Constant traffic even though it is not positioned on a main road. It was impossible to open the window during the night. The hotel bedroom doors also slam shut so many times I was woken up during the night with other people coming in and leaving.
The breakfast buffet is very little choice. It was a good job there was a bakery right next door. Almost every day I had to wait to enter the dining room as there were only a few tables to accommodate guests. Many times there was a queue waiting to eat breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear guest,

The hotel thank you for your review.
We also hope you enjoy your trip in Paris and that you had seen all stuff which are characteristic of Paris.
We are sorry for the inconvenience when you was woken up at night because of the doors or the noisy Streets...
We hope that you will come again in our hotel. If you book directly with the website of the hotel, you will get our offer " All For Your " :
- A welcome drink
- A lunch box (sandwich, bottle of water and a fruit)
- A free wifi connexion

Best Regards

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Having read the reviews we chose this hotel as its near to where our business conference was at the palais de congres. The hotel rooms were very small , enough space to walk around the bed only. We had three issues during our stay. The bathroom was small but more alarming was the shower, a fixed shower head where anyone over 5ft 9" could stand underneath and made the whole shower experience awkward and dangerous. The second issue was the breakfast, exceptionally poor and basic in nature. The third issue was the Saturday evening where we decided to meet friends at the bar. We were told that the bar was booked for a private party so could not be used. Paying 350 Euros a night we expected to use the hotel bar which was advertised. The private party went on past 2 am keeping many of our party awake in additional to the after party noise on the street afterwards. Overall an expensive and poor experience where I certainly would not stay again. I made comments which I have not received any feed back or any discount to the mis-sold experience. The website is misleading and no manager with authority was found during the stay.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel, just a terribly expensive and sub 2 star experience
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jason h
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Good afternoon dear guest,

First of all, My Hotel In France Le Marais team thank you for your comments. It enabled us to improve our quality of services and the hotel itself.
Concerning the hotel bar, we are really sorry for that but our hotel has no bar and we are surprised to see your comment about that ... We do not organize evening at the hotel because we did not have a place for it ... I think there is a misunderstanding.
About the other fact, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Best Regards,