“Super friendly staff, cozy and clean hotel, great value!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture

My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture
Ranked #1,095 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Munich, Germany
“Super friendly staff, cozy and clean hotel, great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel is nicely situated, the rooms, though tiny, are clean and the staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. They speak excellent English and provided us with great tips, e.g. where to dine. The included breakfast was very good. We enjoyed our stay with the Marais very much!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Panduka D, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Dear,

Thank you so much for this quick & nice review!
We hope you enjoyed your stay in Paris !
We hope to see you back soon...

Yours Sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great value for money but you will have to put up with traffic noise until early hours of the morning and tiny rooms. There is a very small lift that fits one person and a case to get up to the higher floors. The stairs are the option if you are claustrophobic.

The area is great with lots of cafes and the real Parisian lifestyle. It doesn't feel touristy at all.

The breakfast is basic and the same every day. Ok if you are only there for 1-2 nights. Very repetitious for the 6 night stay we had. The staff are helpful and speak some English

Room Tip: Ask for a big room. They are not that big but better than the smaller ones. If you have neck proble...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosebud, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have just spent 12 nights staying here, one night single before leaving our luggage behind (stored at no cost) to travel with cabin bags for eight days. On return eleven nights in a great location with all amenities handy, ATM, boulangerie next door and local small supermarket around the corner. Bars and cafes 10 minutes walk, plus Marche de Enfants Rouge! A must visit to eat for either lunch or dinner. Room was bigger than we expected for French hotel, desk plus two chairs and tea/coffee making facilities, view to street. Hotel fresh appearance, clean towels everyday. Best asset is the staff, always welcomed with smiles and interest of where we and been, what we had seen, where are you going next? Reception staff Panduka and Camille always happy to see us with welcome smiles and interest in our holiday. We could walk to the Louvre in 30 minutes and from there see all the sights of Paris, we did not need to use the metro.
Breakfast was typical French buffet range, I took my own muesli each day to break the boring choice. Bed comfortable but pillows too small for our usual comfort. If back in Paris will be going back to My Hotel in France, just to see reception staff!

Room Tip: Ask for room with view, desk, tea making facilities.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank helken2014
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived at My Hotel Le Marais and we were quickly greeted by helpful staff who thankfully spoke English. We tried the best we could with our French but it's on the embarrassing side! (GCSE French memories spring to mind)

Quickly given our room key and wifi details.

They explained breakfast but this was about 12euro each. It's too pricey. We just went right next door to the bakery patisserie which sold croissants, pain au chocolate, bread, desserts etc. All great prices. They are closed on Saturdays as they are a Jewish bakery.

Hotel room fine, fit the purpose for our stay, which was a base to your around Paris but wanted a nice area. This is not a high luxury end hotel but it's modern and simplistic hotel which meets all the basics you need for a trip to Paris.

The area, Marais is what really makes the place. Marais is a beautiful upmarket town. Nice shops (some well known brands) shopping markets, beautiful parks and plenty of eateries. Safe and secure town.

The hotel is minutes walk from the metro station. Saint-Sebastian frossiont. Great metro access from here right across the city.

Have given the hotel 4/5 as it has no A/C which I was aware of and opening the window made it more breezy but the fan they supplied was full of dust and to me it's pretty obvious too so was missed by management/cleaners. Only a small issue I know but I didn't dare use it as dust would have flown everywhere. As I say one small point and did not affect our overall stay but for me to get 5 star it needs to be on point throughout.

Small lift to the higher floors will fit one person with luggage or two without, did make us chuckle.

Staff very friendly one in particular Panduka, he was so helpful, chatty, friendly and welcoming. He really cheered up the reception area and is a credit to the hotel.

Would I stay here again - YES. For the price and the superb location you really can't go wrong!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JemsLondon
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, we want to really thank you for taking time to write your great comments about our hotel.
We are so pleased to know that you like the hotel and that you had a nice stay with us and in the city of Paris. We also hope that you had seen what you want about Paris.
We also thank you for your nice opinion about our receptionnist Panduka.

Feel free to come back again ! You are welcome !

Yours Faihfully,
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Tiny room, with barely any room to walk around the bed, even before luggage. Bathroom even smaller (no room to even turn around). Bathroom 'door' is not quite a door. Great location though, walk-able to most tourist attractions. Would not recommend for larger or taller people, especially if traveling with companions.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

If living in a matchbox is your thing sure by all means stay. We actually felt quite confined and my wives anxiety acted up because of it.

The staff were very friendly but the lift was too small we walked our luggage up the stairs, the room smelt and the Bathroom had a strong urine odour. At our own cost we went and bought toilet cleaner to no avail.

Ive travelled for a long time for business and personal and can gladly say ive stayed In much BIGGER and more comfortable hotels in Paris for the same price or a fraction more. Will also be cutting my ties with my travel agent as clearly they did not do their research in booking this for us

Stan and Diane

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

We really thank you for your comments.
It enables us to improve our hotel.
We apologize if your stay was not very well.

Do not hesitate to come back again and you will see the difference !

Regards,
Oslo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Weare just back after 3 nights at this hotel in Paris. The location is very nice, easy access to the metro and local shops/restaurants.
The staff is very helpful and nice.

We stayed in room 41, which was a very small double room. The ceiling is low so when standing in the shower I guess tall persons would have a problem. There were two windows which could be opened. No air condition. No safe in the room, but from what we read it was possible to use a safe in the reception. No minibar or fridge, but a vending maschine in the reception.

The breakfast was 12 Euros per person. Breakfast was OK, but it was a very small room and no space between the tables.

The best part was the staff and the bed, and the the largest negative thing for us was the room.
I doubt we'll stay here again as we know of better hotels for the same price in the same area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms which ends on "1".
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Good afternoon,

We thank you for your comments. It enabled us to improve the quality of the hotel.
We truly apologize for the inconvenience of your stay.
The small size of the hotel is usually the case for hotels in Paris.
However, we hope that you enjoyed your stay in Paris.
We will fix some problems as soon as possible. So you can come back in My Hotel in order to see the difference and you will not disappointed at all.

Regards,