“impersonal overheated space”

105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 324 helpful votes
“impersonal overheated space”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

we went to see a wonderful modern ballet company's performance Ballet Bejart. The production was memorable but the Palais was overheated and lacked a good bar and refreshment facilities in the interval . It seems like a combination theatre, conference centre with shops and food outlets rather impersonal.

Visited April 2012

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“Gigantic”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was my first visit to the Palais des Congress. I can't say that I was impressed. It seemed like a cross between an upmarket shopping mall and an airport terminal, in fact it does have many shops and boutiques. We went to see a modern ballet, another first for me. Perhaps the fact that I discovered that am not a fan of modern ballet coloured my view of the building.I have to say that my companions loved the ballet. The auditorium was massive, it must have held around two thousand people and the air conditioning did not work! In the two intervals I would loved to have a glass of champagne but there was no bar. It reminded me how lucky we are to have the Birmingham Symphony Hall.

Visited April 2012
London, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Nice place for shopping and have a drink or Watch a Movie”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I was staying in thé méridien étoile which is in front of thé Palais des congres.
I was often in for shopping or a coffee.
Thé shopping is différent from thé galléries lafayette and les Printemps there is less Crowd and all That noise. It s Nice nô rush. And there is Somers good restaurant all around.
I Will comme back and i really enjoués it and Will advise all my friends to go there.

Visited November 2011
Hamilton, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Palais des Congres de Paris - not world class”
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I attended a four-day conference at the Palais de Congres, Paris, in September 2009 and I was rather surprised that it was not as good a facility as I expected. Ours was the only conference going on and we took escalators past two barn like empty floors. The plenary sessions were held in an auditorium that had cramped seating worthy of the tourist class of an airliner. More alarming was that it took about five minutes for the audience to exit the room - many commented that it seemed a fire trap. The washrooms were small and sparse for a facility that was designed for large audiences. There was shopping in the basement with several shops that looked very nice but the area had very few customers - I wondered how they survived. As for restaurants there were relatively few eateries on the site including a rather seedy pasta stand on the first floor. I recommend the Pomme de Pain chain sandwich shop in the basement if you don't wish to leave the Palais for one of the neighboring restaurants. Overall it was OK but not what I expected in a world class city like Paris.

2 Thank travelingprof