“A nice experience in Paris”

Hotel Gramont Opera Paris
Ranked #478 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 12 May 2014

It was our first time in Paris and I have to admit it was great, thanks in a great part to the hotel. It is so well located that we could go anywhere within minutes, both by walking or taking the metro (two stations -Quatre septembre and Richelieu Drouot- are located like 1.5 blocks away). There is also a market located nearby and plenty of restaurants to choose from, but mainly asiatic food in the way to the Louvre (which is like 10-15 minutes away walking).

Also the room was tiny but comfortable, it had a fairly big and comfortable double bed, and also a plegable single one, which was uncomfortable because one could feel the bars of it,hence it did not allowed to sleep tight. A positive point is that the hotel is located in a fairly quiet place, so that helped to take a break and relax for the next day. Also on front desk sometimes there are free croissants and coffee.

On the other hand all the staff was pretty friendly and helpful, but I have to make a special mention to Anne-Flore, who seeing it was our first time in the city gave us indications to take the metro and also suggested some tours to make; she always solved our doubts (to get somewhere, where to dine, and also a confusión we had when paying).

Summing up, it was a great stay, and I really want to thank everyone at the hotel for making our stay a wonderful one. We fell in love with Paris, and next time we are visiting we will certainly stay at Gramont Opera again!

Room Tip: The elevators just go to the 5th floor, so rooms on the 6th floor require to use the stairs which ar...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your nice message about our hotel and especially about our staff ! We are happy to read that you had a good time with us ! It was a pleasure to welcoming you.
We would be happy to welcome you again here next time you will be in Paris !
Anne Flore, Charlotte, Nadia, Florent and Alexandre - Reception

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The location is perfect and convenient to almost everywhere. It takes only few minutes to walk to the Opera or Louvre museum. It also has super easy access to at least three metro lines. Very good location to travelers. The room is not very big but it's okay because it's in downtown Paris. We stayed three nights in a quadruple room which is in fact the size of two double rooms without the wall, so it has two bathrooms and we all love this design.
However, in the first night of our stay, all of the in-room plug sockets were dead. The lights worked fine so we didn't have to stay in the dark. But we couldn't use the table lamps and even the wall-mounted hair dryer. It turned out that my mom had to dry her hair in the lobby (which made her feel embarrassed); and I had to recharge my computer and phone in the lobby. The staff was nice and tried to help, but since she is not the technical person, she couldn't help us to get the power back in that night, all we could do is to wait till the next morning. All rooms were sold out so we couldn't change to other rooms.
Therefore, my advice to the hotel guests is: don't forget to check the plug sockets when you first walk in the room. If it's early enough, they might be able to find the technician to fix this problem.

1  Thank pinky0103
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your message about our hotel ! It was a pleasure to welcoming you ! We are sorry about the plugs problem during the first night but hopefully the technicien went here to fix the problem in the morning.
We would be happy to welcome you again next time you will come to Paris !

Reviewed 25 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Rob E
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. The ice machine was broken so the young woman behind the desk walked to the corner restaurant to fetch some for us. The beds were very comfortable and the room clean. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,
We want to thank you very very much for your so nice review about our hotel and our staff ! We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us !
We would be very happy to welcome you again next time !
Until this time, we wish you all the best !
Kindest regards from Paris !

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was travelling with 2 other girls...well okay...girls in their late 30's, early 40's :) and we stayed at this hotel in September of 2012.
Loved it!
The cab driver had a wee bit of a hard time finding it at first....as it was tucked in one of those wee one way streets that Paris has....but once we were there it was fantastic.
Quiet, interesting rooms, lovely reception area and awesome staff!
Since there were there were three of us, we were glad to all get in the same room....it was the unit that has an upstairs queen bed and a single downstairs. I slept upstairs, but left my suitcase downstairs :)
Location, great. Only minutes away from the Opera and of course great restaurants right outside your door. I actually like staying in this part of Paris as it is totally within walking distance to things, metro stops close by and as a solo travelling female...felt completely safe coming and going in early morning and at night.
Super price too.
My friends went home after our 3 day stay here, but I extended my visit to Paris for another 7 days....tried to get another room here, but sadly, it was completely booked. I went to another higher star rated hotel, for more money....and it wasn't nearly as nice!
Next time I go to Paris...I will stay here again!

Room Tip: There are some rooms where you need to be able to navigate a few stairs...check the locations on the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you a thousand times for your sooo sweet message about our hotel and about our staff ! Thank you !! It was a great pleasure for us having you during your parisian stay ! We would be very happy to welcome you again in the future !
Until this time, we wish you all the best ! Take care !
Warmest regards from Paris !

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just returned from 3 night break with my mum and sister and this hotel lived up to all expectations! good location and so clean and comfortable. I cannot say enough about the staff who could not have been more helpful and even sent us a list of restaurants prior to the trip and booked a fantastic one for us to enjoy! I would definitely stay here again. I cannot comment on the breakfast as we were lucky enough to enjoy some spring sunny mornings so went out as the hotel is so near to lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you sooooooooo much for your lovely review about us !! It was a real pleasure having you with us and helping you before ansd during your stay !
We would be extremely happy to welcome you again in our hotel !
Until this time, we wish you all the best for the future !
Warmest regards from Paris,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed at the Gramont Opera Paris two years ago while in Paris, and recently stayed again while visiting the City of Lights.

And I had just as enjoyable of a stay this time as I did then, the hotel still delivers!

This time, due to availability, I had a double room and it was clean, nicely decorated and ready when I checked in (yay!)

Staff is really friendly, Aurelie was amazing as always in helping me get reservations and answer my questions. Noise still exists in the hallways from other guests, but it isn't terrible.

I would definitely consider staying here anytime I come to Paris. Great place.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice message about us ! It was a real pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel !
We were very happy to help you before and durng your stay !
We would be very happy to welcome you again next time you will come to Paris !