“beautiful boutique hotel and fantastic staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Gramont Opera Paris

Hotel Gramont Opera Paris
Ranked #325 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Perth, Australia
“beautiful boutique hotel and fantastic staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed with our family in July 2013, 5 adults and 2 children, we had three rooms and all the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff were outstanding they all were very helpful. The hotel provides free coffee, tea and water in the reception area all day long. This is a beautiful boutique hotel and close to the main attractions. My daughter found this hotel for us on Tripadvisor based on the reviews others had written and it was absolutely fantastic. I have already booked the hotel for my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you very very much for your lovely message about our hotel and especially about our staff !! It was a real pleasure having you and your family with us !! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon !!
Until this time, we wish you all the best !!
Anne Flore, Charlotte, Nadia, Florent and Alexandre - Reception

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

It is incredible to find such a sweet place in the middle of the best area of Paris. 3 stars hotels in this area usually means many defects at not so great prices. Paris is expensive and you get the impression that only the wealthiest may find joy in this city. In this hotel you get a 4 stars hotel with the kindness and good taste you are supposed to find in a 5+ stars hotel. Sandra and Charlotte are kind and sentient professionals who go beyond their duties.

Room Tip: Our room was a tween small but sufficient, it had a small terrace which is a luxury in this area in...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest,
We would like to say a big THANK YOU for your sweet message about us ! We were very happy to welcoming you and having you with us ! We always try to do our best for our guests to feel like at home. We are very happy to read that you had a good time with us !
We would be very very happy to welcome you again next time you will come to Paris !
Until this time, we wish you all the best for the future ! Take care !
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

At our fifth and final destination, Paris, we stayed at this boutique hotel with a tastefully decorated lobby. We arrived just before noon and Aurelie (the front desk manager) greeted us. She told us our rooms were ready and we can check-in. The elevator was small but it fit the 2 of us with all of our checked luggage. My mother had the superior room and I had the double room. Both rooms were comfortable and roomy. A/C was very strong. Wifi signal was also good. I never had any problems browsing on my ipad mini. We enjoyed our breakfast that was included and served in a unique basement grotto that felt like the inside of a cave. On the 2nd day, I got ready to head to the Louvre. I was browsing on my ipad mini to check the weather. We planned to walk to the Louvre, but due to morning rains, I decided to take a taxi. I left the ipad mini on the bed and went to my mother’s room to tell her we were taking a taxi. From there we left for the Louvre, forgetting to put away the ipad mini and lock the safe. When I returned, I saw the ipad mini was placed on the desk by hotel cleaning ladies. I immediately ran to the safe and it was wide open. I had my Euros, CAD$, CHF, passports, credit cards, ID’s, photocopies of all ID’s and cards, ipod touch and keys inside. I was shocked and gripped with fear when I initially saw the safe wide open. However, when I checked the inside, everything was still there. Nothing had been taken. My mother and I thanked God for the honest people and the people of integrity who worked at the hotel. On the day before departure, a city inspector came to inspect the hotel. He was doing various tests and asking Aurelie many questions. She was very busy but she still offered to go online to print my boarding passes for our flight home. Talk about service. To Aurelie and all the staff at Hotel Gramont, thank you for an awesome experience. We will never forget the service you provided us, and the kindness you showed us while in Paris.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JOL2T
Dear Guest,
We would like thank you a thousand and thousand times for your sweet message about our hotel and especially about our staff ! It was a real pleasure having you with your mother in our hotel ! We were very happy helpinh you during you stay !
We would love to welcoming you again during your next parisian visit !
Until this time, we wish you all the best for the future ! Take care !
Very warm regards from Paris !
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

we are an italian family, 2 adult and 2 girls, one is 9 and one is 12. we spent a middle May weekend in Paris at Garmont Opera. The Hotel is really nice and clean, the room well furnished, we were in a quite big room (remember you are in Paris) with one king size bed and a sofa for two person and two bathrooms.
The location is amazing, 5 min walking from the Opera and the staff very very friendly. We had a big problem with one of our daugther, she was sick with high fever and they have been really helpful with us.
I'm sure i'll be back one day.
Simona

Room Tip: rooms are quite, the street in which is located is very small
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you very very much for your lovely review ! It was a real pleasure having you with us and trying to do our best to help you when you daughter was sick. Hope she is better now !
We would be very happy to welcome you again in the future !
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have just returned from staying at this lovely friendly/helpful hotel.

It was very clean and well furnished, my bed was very comfy too.

I didn't have breakfast - so can't comment - as there were lots of places around that I wanted to visit to soak up the Paris atmosphere.

The location of this Hotel is superb and in nice area of Opera, and I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short city break .

I stayed on the top floor - and there were very narrow stairs to the room - and more in the room as on a split level. I knew this when booking, but do bear in mind as they are step and narrow. Although having the roof top terrace with this room was worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We want to thank you for your nice message about us ! It was our pleasure welcoming you ! We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our duplex room !
We would be very happy to welcome you again next time !
Until this time, we wish you all the best for the future !
Very kind regards from Paris !
Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The staff were so helpful! When I making reservation, the staff,Anne was very kind to me! When I misbook my reservation, she helped me so warmly. Then she adviced me not only about the hotel reservations but also adviced me about restaurants informations and the places that recommend to trip around France! Thanks to her, we experienced wonderful days in France!!! Also, the room was very clean and comfortable! Location was good!(not so far from the subway)I would stay again if I travel in Paris next time!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you very very much for your lovely review about us ! It was a pleasure having you with us during your parisian trip !
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us !
We would be happy to welcome you again for your future trip in Paris !
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

It was our first time in Paris and I have to admit it was great, thanks in a great part to the hotel. It is so well located that we could go anywhere within minutes, both by walking or taking the metro (two stations -Quatre septembre and Richelieu Drouot- are located like 1.5 blocks away). There is also a market located nearby and plenty of restaurants to choose from, but mainly asiatic food in the way to the Louvre (which is like 10-15 minutes away walking).

Also the room was tiny but comfortable, it had a fairly big and comfortable double bed, and also a plegable single one, which was uncomfortable because one could feel the bars of it,hence it did not allowed to sleep tight. A positive point is that the hotel is located in a fairly quiet place, so that helped to take a break and relax for the next day. Also on front desk sometimes there are free croissants and coffee.

On the other hand all the staff was pretty friendly and helpful, but I have to make a special mention to Anne-Flore, who seeing it was our first time in the city gave us indications to take the metro and also suggested some tours to make; she always solved our doubts (to get somewhere, where to dine, and also a confusión we had when paying).

Summing up, it was a great stay, and I really want to thank everyone at the hotel for making our stay a wonderful one. We fell in love with Paris, and next time we are visiting we will certainly stay at Gramont Opera again!

Room Tip: The elevators just go to the 5th floor, so rooms on the 6th floor require to use the stairs which ar...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your nice message about our hotel and especially about our staff ! We are happy to read that you had a good time with us ! It was a pleasure to welcoming you.
We would be happy to welcome you again here next time you will be in Paris !
Until this time, we wish you all the best !
Warm regards from Paris !