“Incredible Value, Convenient Location”

Residence Orion Paris Haussmann
Ranked #1,481 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Toronto
“Incredible Value, Convenient Location”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Incredible value (for Paris), convenient location for Galeries Lafayette, Le Printemps and others.

But especially good for last night before flying, as the Opera Roissybus leaves just around the corner to CDG. We therefore chose this as our "one night" stop after returing to Paris from other regions, with flight next morning. Could not be more convenient - espeically if you've done some shopping and have to deal with extra bags. :-)

Rooms are spotless, double-glazed windows deaded noise from busy street, our room had delightful balcony. Also small kitchenette, well-appointed, that would make longer stays easy.

Staff was charming.

One note: front desk closed between 12.00-14.00, so cannot check in at that time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travel7YYZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This was my 5th stay at Orion Haussmann. Stayed here due to its convenience location and value for money. My first two stays were really nice and impressive but the following were getting worst and worst, in term of room cleaniness, staff attitude and service standard. Decided to come back for my 5th stay as the hotel Manger show her sincerity on accepting my comments and promise to improve. I really appreciate your kindness, Sabrina! Suite 201 was beautiful and bright, with fantastic view. After few e-mails, request for clean linens and hair dryer were well-arranged. If hotel can provide bigger and more Fluffy Pillows, it would be PERFECT! Even though the chance of getting a wonderful stay is 50/50, I still recommend friends and business customers to stay here when visiting Paris as Orion Haussmann is 'MY HOME' in Paris!
I hope Orion Hausmann keep showing improvements and caring of customers. For a person who come to Paris at least 4 times a years- me, I really want to stay at the same hotel every visit, sometimes it is very tiring keep searching hotels and it would be great if I can stay at the same hotel that I love. I am coming back in August, let's see how Orion improves.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Imahori
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2011

My sister and I recently stayed at the Orion Paris Haussmann and we truly enjoyed our stay in this centrally located residence-hotel. We were updated to a large, very clean suite with twin beds and cuisinette, a large bathroom with bath and wonderful view of Le Printemps and Galeries Lafayette (room 116). Location is perfect and very close to Les Grands Magasins, the Opera, a few minutes from Boulevard des Italiens with many cafés and restaurants. Service is somewhat limited, as expected in a residence-hotel, but the reception staff was courteous and helpful. We didn't try the breakfast. Would certainly recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank loupaunic
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Stayed just for 1 night, the hotel is actually on the 4th floor, once you find the way to open the main door with the key pad, it's all easy. Friendly staff at the reception, rooms are surprisingly big and well appointed. Best thing is the location just across from the subway and the Galleries Lafayette, close to the airport shuttle as well, even though we were 4 and got the reception to get us a large cab (70 euros instead of 40 by navette).
Best of all we got their week end special at 50% off through fastbooking.com
last minute deal. Will stay there again for sure.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnydip
london
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Just came back from a week at the Orion. My family and I enjoyed our stay. Rooms were cleaned daily. The staff were courteous and helpfull. Breakfast was simple and fresh, well worth the €10 for the variety and quality of food (though I wasnt too keen on the cold hardboiled egg!).

The only fault if any is that it has just the one lift. Reason being, it was out of service for about a day or so. It was hell climbing the stairs to the sixth floor with shopping. I would not have envied anyone checking out that day.

The 6th floor was constantly scented with the 'parfum' of the sewer, so it was not so pleasant in the hall ways. However, once you enter your room, its not as unbearable. Mind you, this was only at certain time of the day.

All in all, an enjoyable stay at the Orion. I would recommend it to everyone who wants very good value for money whilst staying in Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Galeries Lafayette!
Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rabisco
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Everything was wonderful (except the politeness of the chambermaid) until the check out. It may seem unbelievable, but it took me around 45 minutes!
First, the recepcionist couldn't understand she had to refund me the bond I gave at the check in, and when I gave her my credit card, she simply wanted do charge me again the whole stay!
After a while, when she finally understood what she was supposed to do, I had to wait for someone to check if everything was ok in my room. After 40 minutes the manager told me I was supposed to tidy up the room, otherwise I would't get my bond back!
Now I do believe french people have a different way to lead with tourists, specially at the hotel, where I'm supposed to be the chambermaid!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank LuHirai

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 August 2010

excellent location near all the major department stores. The hotel is just above the galeries lafayette maison in a little street called rue des mathurins. easy 7-8 min walk to rue cambon, rue st honore fabourg for the higher end shopping. also similar time walking to the louvre, tuilleries gardens. rooms are well sized and there was a mini kitchenette. note however that there was a gentle reminder to clear everything from the kitchen or be charged. rooms were air conditioned which was great since this is the summer and there was daily housekeeping service. the only complain is that there was no shower curtain or glass doors so the floors got really wet each time the shower was used. there is an RER just across the street on rue mathurin and we took the RER to Paris Disney. overall fantastic stay and easy to find restuarnats and supermarket nearby. note that the reception is on the 4th floor and you need a code to enter the building.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family