“Our Paris trip for 5 nights”

Residence Orion Paris Haussmann
Ranked #1,517 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Singapore
“Our Paris trip for 5 nights”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The Orion Haussmann was at the most IDEAL location. Just opposite the Galaries Lafayette and we could put down our shopping anytime or could go back to take a rest and out again. Printemps was also nearby and lots of eating places behind Galaries..But LOUSY service. I asked for toilet paper and was given one roll at the reception. I told the lady there I needed more as there were 3 of us. She said tomorrow. I told her it was not enough and she said there wasn't anymore. The next day I went to the reception again and asked for more toilet paper and another lady told me there was none and that she will send the paper up. I told her politely that I needed it urgently as I had a terrible tummy ache. Nobody came! Fortunately, I had packet tissues with me. The housekeeper was nice when I asked for 2 rolls and she gave them to me.

The room space was sufficient for 3 people but with the bare necessities..no dressing table, mirror only in the bathroom..no toothbrushes, shaving kits etc..not that we needed them...just a very very small kitchenette which I didn't care to use..no coffee and tea sachets. It was a very dimly lit room unless you opened up all the curtains. One part of it was facing offices so we didn't open the curtains at all...It was not a daily serviced apt, hence the bins were pretty full when we left...esp the small one in the bathroom...

RER station to Disneyland Paris was just downstairs. It was comforting coz we had done lots of shopping at Disneyland and didn't have to walk a long distance back to the apartment with our big shopping bags. The station to take the Roissy bus to the airport was just steps away. Very convenient and very cheap..only 10 Euros per person.

Would I stay there again? Sure..just for the location but I have already managed my expectations...

Room Tip: I stayed at room 201 which was meant for 4 persons had a full balcony going round the whole room..on...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mabakerfb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Moscow
Reviewed 15 October 2012

A great advantage of this hotel is its location. One of the main Parisian department stores, the Galleries Lafayette is virtually next door. So if you share my passion for shopping, you would probably appreciate the opportunity of nearly "hands free" shopping, when you could occasionally drop your purchases off at your apartment. You could also enjoy a short break on a busy shopping day and prepare a proper homemade meal in your room. Otherwise, I am afraid, you will hardly appreciate the place, since the location is fussy and noisy and the hotel itself is good but no more.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights with family in room 305. Apartment situated in middle of Auber station, very strategically located. Galaries Lafeyette, Printemps, Opera and many places of interest/restaurants are just walking distances away. Auber station conveniently links up with Charles de Gaulle (Airport) and Gare Du Nord (Eurostar) stations as well as many popular locations (including disneyland Paris!). Apartment was good size for a small family (2 adults 2 young kids) with basic cooking and cleaning facilities. There is also a microwave with grill facility. As mentioned in the previous review the coffee machine lead is indeed too short to reach the wall socket. The apartment has got a separate bedroom and bathroom. There is also a sofa bed in the living room. Best of all the room is generally cleaned and rubbish disposed of daily by the housekeeper, at no extra charge. The reception staff is friendly and helpful. We skipped the hotel breakfast as there are plenty of cafe around the area serving good and fresh bread at half the fraction of price anyway. Apartment has got wifi though the signal at times is pretty weak. However would still highly recommend for the reasons above and also bearing in mind not many places in central paris will happily offer a combined accommodation for family. Only downside is if you are arriving on a weekend their lunch break is 2 hours from 12-2pm. Within this time their reception is closed and you cannot even enter the building.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank curious0ne
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 28 February 2012

As mentioned by other reviewers, it is difficult to imagine a better location for tourists in Paris.
I stayed in the one-bedroom apartment 305 with my family (I, my wife and two daughters - 1 adult and 1 children) during a week (9th-16th Feb 2012). The windows faced an open internal courtyard and the apartment was impressively quiet, considering the busy trafic in that area. Free wi-fi internet was fine. Bathroom was very good, including a heater that was valuable during that very cold days in Paris.
We didn't try the hotel breakfast (13 Eur), but prepared our own in the room with nearby bought delicious breads, cheeses etc.
Overall stay was very good and I would stay there again, despite some minor objections:
- furniture lacks pieces to support the bagages (we handled them on the floor).
- apartment lacks a safe to hold some valuable items (fly tickets, notebook etc).
- bed and sofabed were comfy, linen and pillowcases were good, but thin flocky pillows were unpleasant.
- the apartment kitchen is not functional: there is no microwave oven and no dish rack, coffee-maker cable is so short that it doesn't reach the electric jack, there are only 2 pans plus 1 frying pan, all of them so big that the stove does not have room to heat 2 of them simultaneously. Carpeted kitchen floor does not contribute to room cleanliness.
- Reception personel is friendly, but it was necessary to ask them about basic questions that the hotel should inform us anyway (where to dispose the garbage etc). I was also suprised that the the hotel desk was closed on that Sunday.
- apartments are not smoke-free. A message in the apartment requests that guests open the windows to smoke. Sometimes there was a very strong smell of cigarette in the corridor and lift hall.
- apartments are not cleaned during a less-than-a-week stay, what we were advised in advance and considered acceptable. But we had some difficulties in getting towels changed without extra charges (4 days after our arrival!).
- we asked the hotel desk personel to arrange a taxi to transport 4 people to Orly airport. The service was quoted 45 Eur, but at the airport the driver demanded 55 Eur, arguing that 45 Eur was the price for up to 3 people. So, either the initial hotel information was incorrect or the driver arranged by the hotel was not reliable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank AlexSiqueira
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed twice in this apartment hotel and love it! Absolutely perfect location for a holiday in Paris! Just right across Galeries Lafayette & Printemps, Roissy bus (from CDG) is just around the corner, RER entrance (Auber - direct line to Disney World!) is right in front of the hotel, and just a short walk to Metro & L'Open Tour bus stop.

We got the one bedroom apartment which is very spacious, has little kitchenette complete with pots & pans plus the utensils, and toasty warm heaters in every room (even in the bathroom! Us from tropical country appreciate this very much!).

Hotel has free wifi. However our 1st room (315) was located at the end of the corridor, and apparently wifi signal doesn't reach this area of the hotel (at least not on my iPad & iPhone). On our 2nd stay, we got room 305 (not far from the lift) and has strong signal.

Stock up on food from Galeries Lafayette Gourmet or Monoprix (5mins from hotel) for your midnight snack or breakfast :) If taxi driver doesn't know where it is, just tell them it's right at Galeries Laffayete Maison (next door!).

Room Tip: Room 315 on 6th floor (1 bedroom apartment) facing Galeries Lafayette but view partially blocked (ca...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank nenekguru
Stockport
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Weekend in Paris - 8th - 11th December 2011.

Couple aged 28 and 29, were seeking modern touches, kitchen facilities in room, and great access to the centre of Paris for walking tourism!

We got off to a bumpy start for our weekend, having originally been booked into the Adagio / Citea Paris Tilsitt Champs Elysees... We were transferred by a free taxi to Orion Paris Haussmann due to an electrical problem on a whole floor at the former hotel.

On arrival at Orion Haussmann, we knew this was a more modern styled hotel and seemed to be "right in the centre" of the action!

We were impressed with this hotel as a budget option in Central Paris. The room was on the smaller side, but perfectly proportioned with ample room to move around.

The bed was comfy and a good size, the dressing table, carpets and curtains looked new, unworn and clean. The bathroom was clean and modern, Flat screen TV, great modern compact kitchen; large fridge, sink, electric hob, microwave, all utensils, pans, cupboard bin.

Our window faced the quiet back open courtyard. A nice courtyard it was, but we'd have preferred a room at the front of the hotel overlooking Boulevard Haussmann. (Only because Galleries LaFayette was so beautiful with all of the building lighting, I'm not sure if it was seasonal or permanent?)

The Hotel has a small ground floor lobby with just a lift in it. The hotel starts with Reception on floor 4, and rooms on 5 and 6. For this reason I don't believe that the rooms at the front or the back could be that noisy at night, given they're quite high up. We had a really quiet couple of nights sleep.

Reception are friendly and helpful, as are Housekeeping.
The location really is perfect for tourists. The Opera building is one of the most beautiful in Paris and it's directly facing you as you walk out of the lobby.

Galleries LaFayette and Primtemps are huge department stores on Boulevard Haussmann - Opposite the hotel. It's a fab spot for shopping. We noticed from the ground that there were people on the roof of Galleries Lafayette, so we went to have a look inside to see if we could get onto the roof... What a beautiful building, with a gorgeous dome. The viewing roof is free to access, on I think the 6th floor. Great views of Paris at sunset!

We did an open top bus tour with Paris L'open tour - Well worth the money! Start early if you want to change to different coloured bus routes, as the buses stop around 6.30 I think. We took the grand tour (green route) which was two hours. The tourist office to buy tickets is a 2 mins walk from the hotel on Rue Auber (as is the local tram stop)

We did the bus tour on a cold day (5-6C) and it'd been raining in the morning. Most people sat downstairs, what a waste of a view! Take tissue, or use leaftlets to wipe the wet seats, wrap up warm and enjoy the commentary and views!

There is a mix of expensive / reasonable cafe bars and restaurants nearby the hotel - the ones facing the Opera on all sides seem quiet pricey, but there were lots of restaurants on Rue de Caumartin, which crosses over Boulevard Haussmann nearby the hotel.

The airport shuttle bus is no more than 10 steps walk from the hotel door, and it leaves every 10 mins and is priced between 10E - 15 E (can't recall, but it's very reasonable considering a taxi is circa 45E - 50E)

The only slight negative I can think of is that we each had only one pillow, and when I went to reception to enquire about two more, they could only come up with one and seemed bewildered by my request and wanted to know if I hadn't been given "one" already. I wasn't charged for the one extra pillow, and sharing was fine. No big deal.

Great hotel, surprised with the great location, really reasonably priced. We were pleased we had to move hotels!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank emmagooseberry
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The location of this hotel is just in the center of everything. 10 steps out the door you are in galleries lafayette and down the road is also printemps for your shopping needs :) 15 steps from the door is the bus for the airport and rer entrance (auber). Infront of the door is uniqlo for your clothing needs. At the back of the road from the hotel is the l'open tour bus office. This hotel ir right in the heart of Paris. We got the one bedroom apartment bec there were 3 of us. I was so surprise bec it exceeded my expectations. The rooms are big and can fit 4 pax, its clean and have a little kitchenette. Service was quite fast but we only needed the basic things like extra pillow or tissue paper. If i go back to Paris, i would definetly come back to this hotel and would really recommend it to everybody. We paid around 236 eu for two nights, and in this area(opera), you cant get this price. So this hotel is really a blessing for us.

Room Tip: Get a room with a lafayette view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family