“Paris 2012”

Ranked #89 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Portland, Oregon
“Paris 2012”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

What a wonderful hotel. The staff greeted us with such kindness and immediately took care of us. My dad didn't realize he needed Euro's for the taxi ride from the airport and they got out cash and paid the driver. The lobby is beautiful, a very nice wine and cocktail bar and the breakfast was lovely.

Everybody says the rooms are on the small side, I say it's le Petit people, get a clue! The rooms were lovely and I expected them to be small, it is Paris, what do you expect? The bathroom was wondeful! I will go back again and stay at any le Petit property.

Thanks for speaking English!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The hotel is modern and very clean. The rooms are small but have everything you need for a comfortable stay. Very convenient to metro lines. Many tourist sites are within an easy walking distance. The front desk personnel go above and beyond to be helpful. Would definitely stay there again when I am in Paris and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jandercnm
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Le Petit Paris for 4 nights and it was wonderful. We loved the local area and found the hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and modern and while not roomy, very comfortable. How much time are you going to spend in your room when there is a wonderful city out there to explore?? Will definitely stay next time we are in Paris. (ps l'estrapade restaurant, recommended on the hotel website, is well worth a visit too).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel le Petit Paris for seven nights in July. We were absolutely delighted by our choice. The hotel is in a great location, we were able to walk to many sights, to the Seine, and to the metro stop. The room was immaculate and charmingly decorated even though on the small side. The staff, especially Karim were very helpful with directions,making dinner recommendations, and reservations. It was always lovely to come back to the hotel in the late afternoon, where there would be coffee,tea, or water available in the lobby area. They also put out wine for an extra charge.
A lovely little hotel on a quiet street but yet very close to the action.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I booked this hotel purely because of the nice comments on the Tripadvisor. But to my big disappointment, this hotel is more of a family hostel rather than a 4 star hotel. First of all, the room is extremely small. This small means that if I were a bit fatter or if I had brought a bigger suit case, I could barely walk into the room. The bathroom is designed, but the toalet is in a small dark box 30 centimeters from the bed and the lock on the door is broken.

The receptionists are not service minded either. They appear nice but in their heart, they don't care the guests at all.

You can find better standard rooms nearby with much less money. I will definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone and I also start to quest Tripadvisor's credibility as they award this hotel to be the best hotel.

Listen to me, get a hotel which at least can be found on the turist map!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Fanghuijkl
, Réceptionniste at Hotel le Petit Paris, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for given us the opportunity to answer you.

First of all, I think you forgot to mention the main point in your review.

You made a reservation for a Classic room for 2 persons. You checked in yourself and your mother. So far, so good.

Then, when you thought I wasn't paying attention, you sneaked out and came back with your father and ran into the elevator.

I thought first that maybe it was a guest and you just wanted to show him a room, but since you stayed a long time, I began to think that you wanted to stay at 3 people in a Classic room, which is meant for 2 people only.

You need the authorisation of the hotelier to add a 3rd person, especially when you make a booking for 2 persons only, and this is for safety reasons. In case of incident, the hotelier responsability is at stake.

You can see on our website that we have a Triple and a Quadruple room. We could have accomodated you with all the space that 3 people need, but you voluntarily tricked us at the check in, which shows that you planned this from the beginning.

I didn't have the occasion to tell you this before the end of my shift, so I informed my night colleague.

He was kind enough to find you another hotel for the 3rd person for both nights, near from Le petit Paris, yet you tried to bribe him to stay at 3 people in the room.

He refused, and the 3rd person stayed in the other hotel.

The day after, despite the fact that my night colleague has booked the room in the other hotel for both nights, you thought that you could try again with the change of shift.

Unfortunately for you, we are a team that relays the informations. After a game of coming and going, my day colleague (before the end of his shift) called you on the phone, but you didn't answer. He knocked at your door, still no answer.

He thus informed my other night colleague, but he didn't see you go out of your room. I certainly understand that you found the room too small that night, 3 people in a room meant for 2, but you chose consciously this situation, despite our warnings about safety and our efforts to make you comfortable by booking another hotel room for you.

When you checked out, my colleague noticed that the 3 of you stayed in the room that night, and made you pay a supplement of 80€ for the 3rd person. I guess this is what you found heartless...

We did nothing but our work.

Fortunately for us, 435 people out of 460 on TripAdvisor are satisfied with the hotel and our service.

With best regards,

Elyssa
Réception / Front Office/ Concierge
McLean, VA
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hotel le Petit Paris twice, for two nights each. It is a very pleasant boutique style hotel in a great location on Rue St Jacques in the 5th arrondissement close to the Parthenon, and a short walk from both Jarden du Luxembourg and Notre Dame. The rooms are Paris sized - small but comfortable. If you want guaranteed quiet, get a room overlooking the internal courtyard. The hotel is beautifully decorated. Service is great with always-available coffee, tea and mineral water in the lounge area, a lovely small outside sitting area, and an "honor" bar available after 6:00 - great for a nightcap after a gourmet meal at one of the many excellent restaurants in walking distance. The staff are friendly, English speaking and efficient. We were especially grateful to Elyssa for making us feel immediately at home. If there is one slight drawback it is what I would call the Tripadvisor effect - the hotel is very popular with English-speaking tourists. Not a bad crew at all, but hardly a Frenchman or woman in sight. We would go back in a blink.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ddt2
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed two nights here and thought it was lovely. The rooms are on the small side, but that is to be expected because of its wonderful position on the Left Bank right by the Pantheon. Immaculately clean with helpful staff and fabulous decor. Very stylish and we would definitely stay here again. it is also blissfully quiet so we slept well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple