“A wonderful hotel”

Hotel le Petit Paris
Ranked #71 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Le Petit Paris for 7 nights in the middle of May. The hotel is small, with around 25 rooms. It sits in an area abutting the Latin Quarter with markets, shops, banks, etc. in the area about a 10 minute walk from the Luxemburg Gardens. There are a number of pattisries and cheese shops close by, a pharmacy, etc. making it very convenient. It is on Rue St. Jacques that is a main road, but narrows to one lane where the hotel is to that the noise was not an issue (although we were on the 5th floor so the noise was minimized any way). We had a superior room with a queen bed. The room was small, but unless you spend over 400 Euros a night, you will not get a large room in Paris. Our room was about 280 Euros.
With a queen bed, two night tables, a small table and2 chairs and a small bath (no bide that made it bigger). It was small but manageable.
They offer breakfast that we did not take advantage of (we bought breakfast at the local shops). The location was great, near to bus, cabs and subway, just down the street from the Pantheon.
The best part of the hotel was the wonderful service from the staff at the desk, especially Karim who gave us exceptional dinner suggestions, instructions how to get around and other practical suggestions. It was like having your own personal concierge.
I would recommend the hotel in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Get a room high up or away from the street to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EllCPA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,221)

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We found this Hotel on Trip Advisor and true to the reviewers review it was fabulous.
We were upgraded upon arrival. Fantastic as typical hotel rooms are small. This room was on the first floor Room 101 and is awesome. You open the window and there is the sign of the hotle. Makes a great pic for memories.
We booked using facebook and got breakfast thrown in. The hotel is so cute and super clean. We enjoyed every moment.
We wer also recommended to eat dinner at Au port Salut. Just 5 doors up and a real treat. We had our last night in Paris meal there and it was memorable.
The location of the hotel is great as it is in the Latin quarter 5 minutes from Luxembourg gardens and 3 minutes from the metro.
The decor was really stylish and everything was clean.
We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed early April 2014 as I had entered the Paris Marathon that weekend. We had stayed at this hotel previously and enjoyed our time. We are happy to report that the second trip was just as enjoyable as the first! The room was tastefully decorated, clean and quiet. The hotel is located close enough to the main sights but on a relatively quiet street so you have the best of both worlds.
Finally, after checking out early on the Sunday morning and storing our baggage so I could run the Paris Marathon, when I returned mid-afternoon the receptionist was kind enough to let me use an empty room to have a shower (no doubt the fellow passengers on the eurostar were also happy about this).
Excellent service and no doubt I'll be back - again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at Le Petit Paris for 3 nights in March while visiting relatives who live in Paris. I have previously stayed near l'Opera but decided to give the Left Bank a try based on other relatives who stayed there and recommended it. The location is excellent - easy to walk to lots of places but near Metro and RER for public transportation. Rooms are lovely - spotless clean. The staff is so friendly. On my last night, I wanted to have dinner nearby as a solo diner and had several recommendations with one turning out to be perfect and less than a 5 minute walk away in the shadow of l'Odeon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ezelenske
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have just come back from a wonderful 2 night break. Karim looked after us very well, booked us a restaurant to eat one night and spared us lots of time to advise us on where to go. The hotel itself was lovely. Would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was my third visit to Hotel Le Petit Paris, and the fact that I have continued to return, in a city filled with lovely boutique hotel options, indicates the high standard of this hotel. This was also the first visit that I have given five stars for as it was a pretty perfect stay.

I booked my room via the hotel's website, where you can often find discounted rates. My arrival in the late evening was met with a warm welcome, but also a swift send-up to my room, which was greatly appreciated after a long train ride. Throughout my stay, staff were helpful and professional, assisting with everything from printing documents to booking taxis. My room was lovely too - a great place to relax after a long day in Paris. The location is also excellent, for either a first time visitor or return guest - the hotel is situated in a neighbourhood with small bars, a grocery store, fruit shop, cheese shop, patisserie and variety of restaurants. I happily walked to the Right Bank each day too.

I highly recommend Hotel Le Petit Paris and will return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Would agree with other reviews posted here. Décor was smart and stylish, although room was small it was very comfortable. Reception area was very relaxing area for chilling in. Staff very friendly and tolerated my appalling French with good grace. Location great, easy to walk into Ile de France and surrounding areas, but Jardin de Luxembourg, Pantheon, right on doorstep along with wide choice of restaurants, bakeries, etc. Metro/RER very close.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple