“Good for weekend but no longer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Comfort Inn Montmartre
Ranked #84 of 133 Paris B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Good for weekend but no longer”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Positives:
- you are 5mins walk from the Sacre Coeur
-basic room, what you need in Paris given you are not there to sit inside a hotel.
- noise cancelling windows - so quiet
- great transport links
- easy to get to stade de France from gare du nord (10min walk, 5min train)

Negatives:
- relatively rude staff, not normally a problem but woman when we checked in charged €2.50 to hold our bags because we arrived at 12. We were not charged this when we left our bags at checkout.
- not suitable for people with mobility issues (or overweight/obese), the bathroom is tiny with shower being very awkward to get in and out of and toilet being so close up against the wall it's hard to sit down.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Leeds
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Our trip to Paris was Thursday 18th July for 3days.

I have been to Paris numerous occasions, this is the 2nd time I travelled for pleasure. On arrival at the hotel expecting it to be in a dodgy area, we were pleasantly surprised to find numerous cafe's on the walk from the metro to the hotel with plenty of people, young couples, families, sat outside enjoying the afternoon sun. The hotel was approximately 200mtrs from the metro (Prepare for the stairs!) On entry to the hotel - which you have to press door buzzer to be allowed entry (take that as you want to)
We were pleasantly greeted by lovely receptionist and lovely decorated area modern clean reception with seating and vending machine. We were given obligatory information about breakfast times, room key. I was pleasantly surprised by our room on the 5th floor (509) quite small, clean, modern but well formed with a fan (no aircon - 30-34c that week) french windows with railings, (a wardrobe with hangers, and tv) but we were there to spend time travelling around Paris not to spend 3days in the room. The bathroom was again modern, clean fresh towels daily (The towels are not plush) but very small, so small that drying while the door was shut was a task without banging elbow of knee - which was funny rather than annoying.
The hotel is situated in a busy street cafes, restaurants, all close to hand, at certain times of the day there were groups of young french 'rude boys' who made a fair bit of noise talking they never seemed to be much bother just chatting loudly amongst them selves and various people at the Togolese restaurant. Walking down the street was like being in a cosmopolitan student area maybe would not have felt as comfortable seeing a group of boys if I was alone but I was with my partner
My only minor gripes about the hotel size of the room, the bathroom was particularly small. The breakfast was included in the price of the room and would have been more than adequate but was missing a few cold meats. But if you're looking for a more substantial breakfast there are cafes on 2 corners and one one opposite the station and grocers a few steps from the hotel, regardless the breakfast room was clean, modern, newly decorated. Would have also been nice to have a mini fridge to put bottles of cold water and little snacks. But again my gripes are minor I would definitely stay here again the staff were pleasant, rooms clean and a good location to get around Paris on the tube.
If you are looking for luxury hotel then this is not the place for you, but if you

Room Tip: Room 509 faced the street, which was noisy into the night and early hours at times
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erinairy
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I literally cried in my room for the first hour I arrived. The hotel is located on a crappy street and seems to be loud and sketchy at night. There were a few good hangouts (directly across the street) that was appealing and good for a nice and safe night cap. With all that said, only a few streets away it starts to get nicer. I would personally never stay here again and just take some public transportation into the area to visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed 20 July 2012

For USD 75 a night in Paris, including breakfast for 2. I really can't complain for this bargain price that I got from the internet. The room it self , pretty clean (small but still ok), bathroom also mini, breakfast is pretty standard , but once again for that price, it s in Paris...... i really can't complain, indeed I would stay at this hotel again if they still offer USD 75/night
btw, I travel on may , so the weather still nice , the room does not hv aircon , so in the heated summer it could be a problem ( the room had big window though)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
NY NY
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Small room. Small bathroom. Very clean. Very comfortable. Liked the comforter. Very cozy. Conveniently located to the metro. Be sure to find the elevator at the metro station to save yourself walking an extra 92 stairs. Front desk staff very nice. Breakfast minimalistic in terms of choices, but more than sufficient. Be sure to go to the bakery next door. Pastry is totally amazing. If you use a pilot's bag instead of a big suitcase and put it on the top of the closet, you will be fine in that room.

Hotel is being totally renovated. It looks a great deal better than in the posted photos.

The car service that they advertised for 45 euros to the airport was not available. The cab that they called added on 7.5 euros for the "reservation" and 8 euros for allowing us to put 4 small pilot's bags into the trunk. Ripped us off for 15.5 euros. Not nice. Totally not nice. It was our only unpleasant situation in the entire trip.

Room Tip: Other reviewers complained about the noise from the bar across the street. We closed the window and...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank artmuseumgoer
Tokoroa, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed here for on our travels in paris with my elderly mother and sister. The room was pleasant with contempary furnishings and small kitchenette. We were how ever disappointed with the stair climb with our elderly mother and they are quite hard to navigate for a elderly person. We liked the location to some nice eateries in the area and some shopping and close enough to the train stain for a morining train, of which a taxi was arranged for us by reception on arrival. Staff were friendly and spoke english which was good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GiniEden
Rackenford
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This hotel was booked for me by a colleague, who was also staying. Apparently reviews were ok for it, so I guess there's another category that it appears in too.
The rooms are dirty, with hair of varying lengths around the room and bathroom. There was 'stuff' on the bathroom walls and I can only guess that someone had picked their nose and wiped it on the wall. The fan (extractor) in teh bathroom was hanging down, the cistern was cracked badly and had been so for quite some time, due to the discolouration in the cracks. There was two sheets of toilet paper in the dispenser, the bathroom was mouldy. Need I say more.
The room had been booked as a twin but a small double bed was in the room. Even on presentation of the printed confirmation did nothing to change the attitude of the duty manager. He said he'd called other hotels to get another room, but in practice, hadn't. He said every hotel in Paris was full, so he couldn't help. Eventually, when he realised we weren't going to leave reception until we'd sorted things, another room appeared..........
I have the ability of being able to sleep anywhere and within a minute. It's very useful for long work days and getting a nap on the train, plane or as a refresher before evening meetings. I couldn't sleep well at all, knowing how dirty the room was and fearing to look under the sheet at the mattress.
I have never had such an awful night in any hotel anywhere. Before you criticise any other hotel, I double dare you to stay here.
Absolutely the worst hotel, worst run, dirtiest hotel I have ever seen

Room Tip: Don't book here is the only valid advice that I can give
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business