“Dreadful. Dont bother.”
Review of Aquaboulevard

Aquaboulevard
Ranked #399 of 1,231 things to do in Paris
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

As it was a boiling hot day, we felt this would be a good place to visit. The price was outrageous, 28 euros per adult and 12 year olds were counted as adults! Our bag was then examined for picnic goods (which are banned). Quite a confusing changing locker room system but eventually we were all ready. The place was absolutely heaving and the fact that most people were smoking was really unpleasant. Straight away, as we started to head for the slides, the boys were told that their long trunks were 'interdit.' We were told to go and buy new trunks but refused and were given a full refund. I felt it was madly overpriced and a really unpleasant place to be. We ended up having a wonderful day, richer by about £100!

10  Thank boogiebeebie

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was worried about this trip as it came on the bastille day holiday weekend. On arrival, I knew I needed the proper swimming trunks so went to Decathlon sports store,which is just inside the main entrance and before you enter the water park itself. Found a pair of boxer style for 4€ which were fine. On going into the park itself you have access to changing booths, and we put all our things into a few carrier bags. You can get get an adult and child into each booth easily. You then go through to a locker area where you can leave things you don't want to take into the park area. It costs 1€ for a locker which is refundable when you open it. The locker area is fully accessible from the park. There are free standing warm showers as you leave the locker area but you don't immediately have to shower if you aren't going onto the water right away.
We took a picnic blanket to lay down on a grassy area in front of the main area. Some people had brought in water and a bit of food in bags - although it says in the rules picnics forbidden.
The rides were managed by a red light green light system and there were plenty of life guards around.
All ages were there so the more popular rides were used by older kids and teens. Crowded but nothing over the top - you could still move around easily. A bit of a queue here and there for the rides.
We went upstairs for a macdonalds afterwards.
All in all a great day out and the kids enjoyed it. Easy access to a metro station.
If you are booking online you should print out the tickets first. We didn't , but the staff were ok about it.

4  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We got sucked in to going here and regretted it. We arrived for a swim and then paid $28 euros each for family of 4. We were rudely approached by a lifeguard ( wearing shorts) who pointed to my husbands swim Togs and kept saying " interdit" and wouldn't let him in. Standard issue in NZ but clearly not France... We pointed out that the lifeguards were all wearing shorts and asked to speak to manager with no response but "interdit". My husband then attempted to get a refund but couldn't so had to buy an new ridiculous French issue pair of togs, which will, I assure you never be worn again....he'd be laughed off the beach or poolside in Nz or Oz wearing them!!
In general staff were all really rude and unhelpful. No guidance given to the weird one direction changing/ locker/shower system. Loads of rules about all of the wrong things, no rules where they are needed!

I must say, the kids had great fun on the totally unsupervised water slides(and would probably review this quite differently) which were actually lacking any rules, quite dangerous due to people flouting the basic signeage and bashing off each other. We tried to bring a bag with packed lunch to eat on the grass at the outside beach, but due to the one way shower system and constant monitoring, it was impossible. The pricey food available was all fried junk food. Everywhere we tried to sit outside, people were smoking in our faces. There is no lap pool to actually swim and the other pool areas were really crowded. None of the spa pools were hot and they were full of couples practically procreating! I definitely do not recommend this unless you have money and time to waste

11  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The customer service and refund policy here is a rip-off. They don't care about helping customers. If you book on line don't attempt it on a smart phone. I made the mistake of selecting the wrong date (easy to do on such a small screen), and although of course it displays your options before paying, I didn't realise until I printed the confirmation that I had selected an incorrect date, exactly a week before I wanted to take my 10yr old son. I contacted Aquaboulevard within a minute of making the booking but they refused to change the date or offer a refund, effectively stealing 40 euros. Very poor!

7  Thank Hugh G
Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

The place was excellent, clean tidy and well run. Everyone was friendly and helpful. A great place to take the whole family and good value for money. Food cheap and plenty of it. Altogether a great day out. Recommend to everyone.

4  Thank kim n