Cristal Champs Elysees
US$355
US$357
US$327
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$163
US$243
US$210
  • Restaurant
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$787
US$586
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgeorge vgreat locationmetro stationbusiness tripcity breakqueen bedexcellent breakfastchampselyseestreettriumphboutiquemattresslifteuropecafesfrench
Reviewed 31 December 2011

A memorable visit to Paris was made even better because of the trendy, clean and comfortable Cristal hotel.

The location is the best. Stone throws away from champs elysees.

Rue Washington has few middle Eastern restaurants as well with good food.

I will definitely come back primarily due to location and cleanliness... price wasn't bad either.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mkhan1978
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I was in Paris for a work trip, and my husband joined me on the weekend for some fun time (on our dime). We booked the Cristal online. Although it isn't cheap, considering its location (very close to the Champs Elysees) and the fact that there's free wifi, you can't beat that! The rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. We'd probably stay there again if we wanted to be in that area of town.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank exotic_chick
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Located right on the Champs Elysees, the newly renovate Cristal is certainly bright.

Rue Washington is a fairly unpromising looking road, but the hotel is close enough to the CE end (200 metres maybe?) located amongst a smattering of cafes, restaurants and offices.

The reception doesn't look much like a hotel with just one big desk in the middle of the room which is brightly lit and coloured and fronted with a big glass window.

The look is uncompromisingly modern and very bright, but scratch a little deeper and things don't seem quite so 'new' (The life for instance creaks and rattles).

My room, on the 3rd floor was quite roomy for Paris (where the norm is SMALL!) and comfortable.

The bathroom was newly refitted and there was a large double bed, decent sized wardrobe and a decent sized TV with a good picture (not always true in Paris, I find). The selection of channels was disappointing as usual for an English speaker (and French TV seems pretty dire on the whole from what I've seen, especially if you don't speak French).

Breakfast was served in the basement as a fairly generous buffet (juices, coffee, croissants, cheeses, cold meats, etc - and boiled eggs). The room again was bright and colourful, but did feel like a basement, I'm afraid.

I slept well the two nights I was in the hotel (although the walls aren't that thick - I could clearly hear the TV in the room next door on the second night) and found it generally comfortable and conveniently situated for the Champs Elysees area.

However, despite my generally positive experience nothing made me feel I want to stay in the hotel again. I certainly won't mind if I do, but I won't be asking for it specifically.

Perhaps part of this was down to the staff. They were all courteous, but totally business-like (except the Porter who grabbed my bags without asking and then pointedly hung around my room until I tipped him - Everyone has to earn a living, but I can carry my own tiny suitcase...) and with little friendliness.

I've given it 3 stars, although that seems a little harsh, even to me.

The rating really reflects the price and the hotel's supposedly 4 star rating - Although nothing was bad about it, it just didn't leave a really positive impression on me.

M

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank snowman40
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I did not really like the colours, but the hotel as such is just perfect! Functionally and comprehensively equipped room, top breakfast quality, helpful & likeable staff. Excellent starting point for city trips and close to metro station. Reasonable price-performance ratio. Authentic restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Nikolaos P
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This little hotel was such a fantastic find. My girlfriend and I stayed for 3 nights in room 3 and loved it from the moment we arrived. I'd read many reviews of people moaning about the size of the rooms/lobbies/lifts in Parisian hotels, but that's all part of the charm as far as we were concerned. Yes the lift is only big enough for 2 people but this isn't a problem as a member of staff takes your luggage and meets you at your room. Yes the room was compact but our bed was large and very comfortable, the decor funky, the layout ergonomically ideal, the bathroom was very spacious with his and hers vanity sinks and a double shower, the carpet thick and soft and above all the whole room was very clean.

It didn't matter which member of staff was present at reception, all were incredibly accommodating, friendly and spoke excellent English for those of you who may be reluctant to dabble in conversing 'en Francais'.

The hotel is an ideal base to explore Paris, turn right out of the hotel and walk 50 yards and you are on the Champs Elysees; turn right again and you are looking straight at l'Arc de Triomphe. From here you are 10-15 min walk from the Eiffel Tower. Turn left on the Champs Elysees and you are 10-15 min straight walk from le Louvre and 25 min walk from Notre Dame. The hotel is situated in one of the most affluent parts of Paris which makes it even more of a bargain in our opinion. Le Lido (highly recommend) is just round the corner, Louis Vitton (for those of you who wish to queue to look at a handbag!) is opposite on George V Avenue so lots of good shops, funky bars and restaurants with the Metro, taxi rank and bus stop virtually right outside the hotel.

On booking my girlfriend had notified the hotel it was my 30th during our stay. On returning to the room on our first night from le Lido, the hotel had left a magnum of champagne on the bed with a greeting card wishing me a pleasurable stay. A very nice touch gratefully received.

If you are looking for a comfortable hotel in a great location, with excellent staff who are willing to do that little bit extra, we highly recommend this place. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple