“Great location”

Ranked #772 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Kuopio, Finland
“Great location”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

For those who love shopping around Champs Elysees, this hotel seems to be the best one in my opinion. Just few mins walk to/from metro stations.

Staffs were friendly and helpful.

The only thing I don't like about this hotel was the bathroom with glass door. It would be nice if it were just a normal door. Even though I traveled with my friend, but I'd still like to have some privacy while taking shower and do some other business in the bathroom.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
istanbul
Reviewed 7 February 2013

we loved this boutique hotel because of being in city centre. it is just 1 minute away from george 5 stop and opposite of Louis Vuitton. the worse thing about the hotel is the small rooms. Anyway, rooms are clean staff friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I chose this for the location as I was invited to an event at a nearby nightclub and figured I wanted somethings that was a short stumble to bed afterwards. I'd say it's a little overly funky in the design - purple shag carpets, purple and white walls, different shade of purple bathroom tiles (anyone know the joke about the purple hotel?).

Despite it being a non-smoking hotel (there are no signs in the rooms that say this but they tell me this at the front desk) my first room reeked of smoke. The second room was ok but I had to put a towel under the door to keep the neighbor's smoke out. They should put up a sign. Also, rooms were very close together and I could hear my neighbors coming/going and could hear the water running in their bathroom - a little too intimate.

Bed had some kind of plastic cover on the mattress that I could feel under the sheets - I guess good for keeping away bedbugs, but not comfy. Bathroom sacrificed function over form as the funky glass shower doors didn't close and let water all over the bathroom floor.

Just about every other hotel in Paris includes breakfast. Unfortunately this was not the case here and I did not realize this until checkout (my fault I suppose for not checking). I basically got charged 18 Euros for a hard boiled egg, coffee and a slice of baguette, which by Parisian standards of bread, was terrible. Possibly the worst breakfast ripoff ever. If I had wanted a hot egg, it would have been 22.50. For that kind of money I could have gone out for a very fancy breakfast nearby if I had known. Nobody even came out and asked me if I wanted something - totally self service and I was alone until the very end when the lady came to ask me my room number.

Pros:
Location if you want to be on the C.E.
Good Free WiFi coverage
Funky design if you like that kind of thing
Seemed clean

Cons:
Funky design if you don't like that kind of thing
Bad breakfast (and absurdly expensive)
Not so comfy bed
A little too intimate with the neighboring rooms.

Overall, this hotel was rated 4 stars, but I'd say it's a 3 1/2 at best.

I think I'd only stay here again if I needed to be in this neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank NYTA
arnopitoun, Propriétaire at Cristal Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Nyta,
First of all, we would like to thank you for giving us your impression about your stay in our hotel.
Actually the hotel is non-smoking, it’s specified in the first page of our website, in the guest directory and guests are informed at the reception on their arrival. Besides, all the rooms are equipped with fire alarm-system. However, not all the guests do respect this policy, and we are doing our best to prevent smoking in the rooms and in the entire hotel.
Regarding the soundproofing, during the hotel renovation we did our best to make the rooms as quiet as possible by using the best materials. Our guests are very satisfied, as you can notice in most of the comments.
Our breakfast is a buffet with a large variety of products: cereals, ham and cheese, eggs (boiled, scrambled, omelets...), fruits, fresh fruits salad, bread, croissants and similar products, American coffee, espresso, a selection of tea, hot chocolate, fresh orange and apple juice…….Very soon, we will propose a new breakfast formula in the room at the rate of 7.50€, to suit our guests needs. You also, have the possibility to take advantage of our promotional offers with breakfast included (through our website).
Concerning the bedding, all the mattresses are well protected with draw sheets, and set with high quality bed sheets. You can always ask at the reception if you need any changes.
We are working very hard to meet the needs of our customers. And we are also doing our utmost to improve the quality of our services.
Looking forward to welcoming you again with pleasure.
ARNAUD PITOUN
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Funky hotel just off the Camps Élysées. Expensive but in great location. We had booked the largest room which was fine, but I understand some of the rooms are quite small. Breakfast good but over priced.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a larger room
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a week in October 2012 and were really happy with our choice.

The hotel is central (just off the Champs Elysee!!), easy to find and close to the metro as well as numerous shops, cafes and the like.

The room was clean, spacious (some have commented that the rooms are too small but that is standard in Paris!!) with wi-fi included in the room rate. The lift services all floors and the room was cleaned every day.

We didn't have breakfast here so can't comment on that.

We found the staff to be polite, helpful and friendly.

The hotel is expensive but given the location its is well worth it.

We will definitely stay here again. Cristal was the perfect base for us to explore Paris and we enjoyed it here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sydney1973
Malaysia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Location- Superd!! LV Champs Elysees, Laduree, Leon's & etc is just across the main road. Lido show is jz 3 mins away i.e. walk out to he main street and turn right, and you see it. There are McD, Zara, cafes and many more along the Champs Elysees main street. There are some bars outside the hotel, a chinese restaurant and pharmacy right opposite the hotel i.e. 1 min.

The hotel- Its a nicely renovated boutique hotel, very colourful & cristals are everywhere. However, it's started to show its age. Standard room is pretty small with a double bed (confortable mattress) jz nice for 2 pax, limited space to move around so better just sit on the bed or the desk area, bathroom consider spaciuos as compared to the room's size, room is quite dim. Fairly good sound proof from outside the street and amongst rooms but not those outside the room i.e. when people talking outside their rooms or banging doors. You can hear a clearly.

All in all its only suitable for travelers who spend more time outside then the hotel coz no facility to be enjoyed in the hotel. Deluxe room is spacious.

Friendliness of staffs- so-so only.

Overall, I'd rate 4 star for its location and suitability only for travelers spend more time outside of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have to say that i was misguided or misunderstood when booking this hotel from trip advisor.
I wanted a hotel in the city central that had space enough in the main bedroom. Unfortunately and from my past experience this is very hard to find. The hotel was recently renovated and very clean. As mentioned the room was small, with a very small closet for the clothes, which could barely fit our clothes of the 4 day trip to Paris, more over the bed was very comfortable. on the other hand the bathroom was spacious enough. people at the reception and breakfast where very friendly. also the temperature of the room was controlled only from reception.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business