“Exquisite!”

Ranked #803 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The perfect getaway for couples. I've spent the best romantic weekend in this hotel. The modern chic design, combined with the quality of the services, made our trip memorable.
The location is the most convenient for visiting the surroundings, but the hotel itself is enough for the hip young couples who want to enjoy some privacy in a colourful modern ambient.
Highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Perfect for a couple visiting Paris for a few days or for business travel.
Walking distance to the heart of Paris and the museums.
One minute walk to the Champs Elysees.
Very well designed.
Great beds and bathrooms.
Comfortable and fun.
For those who don't take themselves seriously but like comfort.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Wife and I wanted to make a quick weekend trip to Paris. Cristal Champs-Élysées was recommended to us through Expedia. Was well worth it. Less than a third of a mile from the Arc de Triumph and a metro stop (George V) at the nearest intersection. The staff was excellent and everyone we interacted with spoke passable-excellent English. The room was clean and comfortable and very pleasantly decorated. The breakfast was very tasty and a better value than similar options out in the city.

Would highly recommend to anyone who wanted to visit Paris and was looking for a nice hotel in a great location.

• Stayed March 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Eveything were awful except its location.The hotel staff , room's size, service quality were terrible.Because of telling us that they charged the whole money and they could not give it back , unfortunately we had stucked there for 3 days.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MSY909
arnopitoun, Propriétaire at Cristal Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your stay in our hotel, and we appreciate you for expresing your dissatisfactions about your stay.

All our staff are well trained and qualified. Howevr, if you were not satisfied with the attitude of any of our staff you could easily ask to meet the hotel manager.Besides, if you were not happy with the service in the room, our reception is open 24h/24h, and always available to answer your questions and find a rapid solution, so do not hesitate to ask next time.
Also, our rooms sizes are Paris standard, if you desire a room with large space, we advice you to book a Deluxe room or the Junior Suite.
As for the debit, you actually made a non-refundable reservation on booking.com, we strictly follow the instructions given to us by booking.com.

We hope to having the pleasure to welcoming you again.
Arnaud Pitoun
Kuopio, Finland
Reviewed 27 February 2013

For those who love shopping around Champs Elysees, this hotel seems to be the best one in my opinion. Just few mins walk to/from metro stations.

Staffs were friendly and helpful.

The only thing I don't like about this hotel was the bathroom with glass door. It would be nice if it were just a normal door. Even though I traveled with my friend, but I'd still like to have some privacy while taking shower and do some other business in the bathroom.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
istanbul
Reviewed 7 February 2013

we loved this boutique hotel because of being in city centre. it is just 1 minute away from george 5 stop and opposite of Louis Vuitton. the worse thing about the hotel is the small rooms. Anyway, rooms are clean staff friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I chose this for the location as I was invited to an event at a nearby nightclub and figured I wanted somethings that was a short stumble to bed afterwards. I'd say it's a little overly funky in the design - purple shag carpets, purple and white walls, different shade of purple bathroom tiles (anyone know the joke about the purple hotel?).

Despite it being a non-smoking hotel (there are no signs in the rooms that say this but they tell me this at the front desk) my first room reeked of smoke. The second room was ok but I had to put a towel under the door to keep the neighbor's smoke out. They should put up a sign. Also, rooms were very close together and I could hear my neighbors coming/going and could hear the water running in their bathroom - a little too intimate.

Bed had some kind of plastic cover on the mattress that I could feel under the sheets - I guess good for keeping away bedbugs, but not comfy. Bathroom sacrificed function over form as the funky glass shower doors didn't close and let water all over the bathroom floor.

Just about every other hotel in Paris includes breakfast. Unfortunately this was not the case here and I did not realize this until checkout (my fault I suppose for not checking). I basically got charged 18 Euros for a hard boiled egg, coffee and a slice of baguette, which by Parisian standards of bread, was terrible. Possibly the worst breakfast ripoff ever. If I had wanted a hot egg, it would have been 22.50. For that kind of money I could have gone out for a very fancy breakfast nearby if I had known. Nobody even came out and asked me if I wanted something - totally self service and I was alone until the very end when the lady came to ask me my room number.

Pros:
Location if you want to be on the C.E.
Good Free WiFi coverage
Funky design if you like that kind of thing
Seemed clean

Cons:
Funky design if you don't like that kind of thing
Bad breakfast (and absurdly expensive)
Not so comfy bed
A little too intimate with the neighboring rooms.

Overall, this hotel was rated 4 stars, but I'd say it's a 3 1/2 at best.

I think I'd only stay here again if I needed to be in this neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank NYTA
arnopitoun, Propriétaire at Cristal Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Nyta,
First of all, we would like to thank you for giving us your impression about your stay in our hotel.
Actually the hotel is non-smoking, it’s specified in the first page of our website, in the guest directory and guests are informed at the reception on their arrival. Besides, all the rooms are equipped with fire alarm-system. However, not all the guests do respect this policy, and we are doing our best to prevent smoking in the rooms and in the entire hotel.
Regarding the soundproofing, during the hotel renovation we did our best to make the rooms as quiet as possible by using the best materials. Our guests are very satisfied, as you can notice in most of the comments.
Our breakfast is a buffet with a large variety of products: cereals, ham and cheese, eggs (boiled, scrambled, omelets...), fruits, fresh fruits salad, bread, croissants and similar products, American coffee, espresso, a selection of tea, hot chocolate, fresh orange and apple juice…….Very soon, we will propose a new breakfast formula in the room at the rate of 7.50€, to suit our guests needs. You also, have the possibility to take advantage of our promotional offers with breakfast included (through our website).
Concerning the bedding, all the mattresses are well protected with draw sheets, and set with high quality bed sheets. You can always ask at the reception if you need any changes.
We are working very hard to meet the needs of our customers. And we are also doing our utmost to improve the quality of our services.
Looking forward to welcoming you again with pleasure.
ARNAUD PITOUN