Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Prestigia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here several years ago. Experience was good enough to warrant a repeat stay.

This time, I had a business trip in a small French city and needed a layover in Paris. Hotel Cristal's location was perfect for a whirlwind city visit. Yes, room was tiny and lift was small. But what more could you ask for at mid-range prices right in the heart of the city?

I cannot comment on the decor. You might love it or hate it. All I know is this type of decor was all the rage years ago for boutique hotels.

When I got to the hotel in the morning, room was not ready as expected. I was surprised my luggage was taken up to my room when I came back in the evening. All staff was friendly and helpful. The lady who checked me in showed me the facilities. I stayed in other 5 star properties in Europe and didn't get this treatment.

With so many restaurants in the area, I opted out of breakfast in the hotel. I took at a look at the breakfast corner and found limited food variety.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

My partner booked this hotel as a surprise as he thought it looked different. It is certainly that but not different good in my opinion. I was surprised to see some reviews described it as modern! Suppose if Austin powers style is modern then maybe. The 1st night we stayed in the smallest hotel room I have ever seen and as the walls were dark purple with dark purple carpets and even half the ceiling was painted purple it felt so tiny and like the room was closing in on us.

The next day we asked for a larger room which we got at the added price of 75€ but as soon as we walked in the smell of cigarette smoke hit us! The member of staff apologised and gave us some airfreshner which didn't help. My partner had been to look at the room earlier in the morning and it did not smell so he assumed it was the cleaner who was smoking in the room. It was vile sleeping in a stinking room. Neither of us smoke so it seemed very strong to us. The decor was orange in this room with the same style. The bathroom door was see through at the top so you would really need to trust the person you was sharing with and ask them to stay at the other side of the room! You could actually see the toilet through the reflection in the mirror if you was average height which I'm not but I could see the flusher.

The lift was the tiniest lift only space for 2 people touching and it makes a weird noise as if it's struggling. None of us are overweight either.

The reception area is nice as it's bright but the rest of the hotel we saw was hideous. It was either all bright pink or very dark teal green with random crystals and weird pictures in the hallways. Also stained carpets and a strong smell of vinegar in the hallways which I guess is what the cleaner uses.

The rooms all had a colour theme but the chosen colour was used far too much. Even the floor tiles in the bathroom. We had what we described as a Ribena room 1st then a tango room!

Overall I could not figure out how this could possibly be a 4 star hotel. It's very run down and in serious need of a makeover and mould removal in the showers! I could honestly go on and on about how much we hated this place!

Don't waste your money going there you only pay for the location! Pay a bit more and stay somewhere else or pay less for a different area of Paris.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Hop on the train from CdG, of at Chatelet/Les Halles and on line 1 to La Defence. Off at Georges V. At the hotel in less than 75 minutes after touch-down.

The hotel is small and quiet. Room/bed good quality. Fine service. To get 5* the breakfast and wifi-speed needs an upgrade; this may also justify the price bette. € 240 incl breakfast is (for me) in the higher end for business.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Celebrated our wedding anniversary. The hotel is amazing great location. Everyone was very professional and helpful. The room was awesome. I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Paris.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016

This is a great hotel to explore Paris. It is walking distance from almost all attractions in the city. The rooms are a little small (to be expected in Europe) and the amenities are slightly outdated but overall a very positive experience.

The people are very friendly as well!

Date of stay: September 2016