“0/5”

Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Sydney, Australia
“0/5”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

How can a restaurant be terrible on so many levels? The only reason we ate here was because we were shopping on rue cambon and this place looked like it was filled was locals.

WRONG. Was empty inside, everyone was just outside having a drink. Worst service in the universe of fail restaurants. They got our order wrong, we sent it back and when the bill came demanded we pay for the wrong meal too. We refused and the waiter said its policy. We were refusing to pay for their mistake and for a dish we didn't even touch, so he did a huge sigh and said "fine my manager said ok".

Also, €10 for coke? Just avoid this place at all cost.

1 Thank emuthegreat

• Korean first
Newport, United Kingdom
“Avoid avoid like the plague it's a rip off!!!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Sat down & ordered house medium white wine without asking for a wine menu. Ended up getting a red Cotes Du Rhone which was fine as I drink red until the bill came!!!! €19.50 for 1 medium glass of wine - not even a bottle!!!! Tried to argue it but they weren't having it. There must be a law against charging that much & getting away with it!!!!

1 Thank becky2003_75
Phoenix, Arizona
“Sidewalk cafe with excellent food”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Very close to the Burgundy Hotel on a rather busy side street, whihc is good because you get a lot of people watching.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank COO-TravelGuy
Sydney, Australia
“STAY AWAY”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We were unfortunate enough to stumble into this place whist we were tired and hungry. The waiters were rude and will try to ripp you off at any given opportunity. I ordered a coke without being asked what size and of course they served me the half litre jug for 9.50 euro. Absolutely disgusting the way we were treated - like idiots. After being served the wrong dish (cheese omlete with salad and fries instead of a mushroom omlete with salad and fries) he reluctantly took the dish back and after 10 minutes presented me with a sad looking mushroom omlette with no salad or fries. I hate to complain so I did not bother to question where the salad and fries were but the omelet was terrible! I expected so much more in this affluent area! The worse is yet to come as they presented us with the bill for both the cheese omlete AND the mushroom omlete. When we questioned the waiter he said something like "my boss said..."(I couldn't catch his English but the message was clear, there was no way we would pay for the mistake he made! Absolutely atrocious!!! They finally removed the cheese omlete but the damage was done. Worse experience at a restaurant ever.

1 Thank Koolkukumber
London
“Typical French rip off!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

DONT GO especially if you are a tourist!

This is a typical French way of dealing with tourists and hospitality.
As usual, the waiter does not get you the menu so you cant look at the prices, and you feel bad asking for the menu when you know you just want coffee.
So we simply asked for 2 cappucinos, then asked for the bill. Came out to be 15 Euros. Which is pathetic! Then we said ok its fine, so i gave my card to pay, and the waiter said: NO! MINIMUM 20Euros for a card payment which is also very pathetic for a coffee shop, since im not shopping at Chanel! So i felt embarrassed since we do not have cash, and did not expect that because no other coffee shop asked for that, not even La Duree! So i asked for 2 tiny bottles of water so i can meet the price of the minimum payment! So he goes in and gets two tiny bottles of water, open bottles, without telling me that ordering one bottle will cover the minimum payment, and gets them open so i cant return one: 10 Euros for two bottles of water, so all in all:
2 cappucinos and 2 tiny bottles of water: 25 Euros!
Plus arrogant waiter! And might have a tourist menu and locals menu!
I will never go again, and plus it is in a very small and hidden street next to a construction sight!

Simply terrible!