“OK Italian place” 3 of 5 bubbles

La Taverna
Ranked #2,605 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
“OK Italian place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our meal started with a nice, small complimentary bruschetta. Our waitress could not have been friendlier. The atmosphere was a bit off in the restaurant--they have these terrible blue lamps at the tables my wife compared to glow sticks. I had the asparagus risotto. It was topped with prosciutto. The prosciutto was delicious, the asparagus was good. The risotto was cooked just Ok. The biggest problem was that the risotto was very, very salty. My wife had the pasta with fresh tomatoes. I think this dish was better than the risotto,

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
Rockville Centre, New York
“Food Is So Good -- It Will Make You Cry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

After first meal, we had to go back. I can't say enough about this restaurant; the dining experience was extraordinary from beginning to end, without the high price or pompous ceremony. It was our favorite meal in Paris, including my daughter and niece.

1 Thank SLCurran
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Deeeeelicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My fiancé and I visited Paris last weekend and being intense food lovers, we scoped out various restaurants and made reservations well ahead of time. We were thrilled with our experience at La Taverna and are still raving about it.
After a day of walking around Paris and feeling exhausted and grimy, La Taverna felt instantly relaxing. We were well taken care of by the cheery, kind servers and struggled to choose our dishes as everything on the menu looked delicious. The wine list is also impressive, and we settled on an amazing chianti. In the end, my fiancé chose the veal escalope and I had the clam pasta. WOW. The veal was perfectly cooked and the clams were of excellent quality. It was evident that the chefs had taken great care and pride in their work, and we savoured every bite. For desert, my fiancé had the amazing roasted pineapple which was basically a work of art-- sounded quite simple on the menu, but was an incredible medley of flavours. I pride myself on my own tiramisu and have to admit I've never had one I enjoy more than my own...until the own I had last weekend at La Taverna. I would have licked the plate if I could.
Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone who appreciates good Italian food. The prices were fair, and the food fantastic. It's in a great area-- the Eiffel Tower is a 5 minute walk from the restaurant. Don't hesitate to dine here! I personally cannot wait to return. Buon appetito!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Oregon
“Night out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I had dinner at this restaurant this past August during a family trip. We decided on La Taverna for the simple fact that it was the closest restaurant to the flat we were letting for a week in Paris. The flat had out two kids, 8 & 12 in it. That said, we wanted to try and appreciate some adult time together. As it turns out the restaurant may have been too close to the flat. That said, the ambiance is excellent. We sat close to the street and it was quite romantic without feeling crowded. LIke everything in Paris it seemed over priced but the meal was very good and the wine selection equally as good. We had one issue with trying to pay in that the restaurant staff told me the CC I had provided wouldn't work and that I needed to get cash. After some discussion my CC miraculously worked. Again, this may be another of the Parisian's habits and their general disdain for tourists but it all worked out in the end. I would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Burlington, Canada
“Excellent Italian Dining in the 7th Arrondissement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We found this restaurant during one of our walks around the neighbourhood so decided to give it a try. Absolutely fantastic, a great find and highly recommended. It's situated close to the Eiffel Tower on Champ de Mars, just a block up from rue Cler. Not on the main tourist route but just a bit up from it.
The restaurant is very well set up with three very pleasant dining areas. The staff is very attentive, helpful and easy to deal with. The menu is quite extensive from daily specials to regular menu items, the wine list covers it all and is quite good.
The food was excellent. We started off with the Carpaccio of the day, very, very thinly sliced beef overlaid with a creamy sauce with a hint of herbs that set everything off just so. One had a main course of Pappardelle with tomato that had just a hint of a sharp spice, the pasta was done to perfection. The other plate was a Spaghetti with cuttle fish and squid ink, also excellent. The dessert was a Tira Misu and coffee. Yes, we did have an excellent Italian wine with the meal.
This is a highly recommended restaurant for anyone who would like a taste of Italy. Everything was reasonably priced.

• Visited November 2013