“Knew what to expect”

Hotel Pacific
Ranked #1,597 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
“Knew what to expect”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed at pacific hotel for 2 nights in February. Can't complain about this hotel as whoever reserves a room here should know what you will get for such a low price. In my opinion it was worth the price; 144 e for a triple room for 2 nights. The hotel is at a great location as it is steps away from the metro station chateau d'eau which is only 4 stops away from one of the main stations; chatelet. However the area overall is quite shady eventhough we had no problems during our stay. People approach you on the street but don't worry it is just to get you in their stores, if you're not interested ignore them, they are harmless (from what i saw). The hotel looks terrible from the outside, however that is not the case inside eventhough it is not luxurious in any way. The people at the reception were very friendly and helpful. They provided whatever we needed right away and helped us a lot with directions(although they don't speak much english). We arrived at 11am and where able to leave our bags in our room although thw check in was not yet available, at the end of our stay check out was at 1pm and we were supposed to leave at 4pm so we left out bags at the hotel reception while we did our last minute shopping etc. The hotel is very safe (it may not seem that way). Our room was in the second floor which was perfect since I had read that it is terrible to climb up the stairs to the floors above. So if you book a room here be prepares to go up many stories as you don't know in which floor your room will be and there is no elevator. Our room was very clean and cosy although it was a bit small. It was kind of hard to store our bags and move around but we managed just fine. The bathroom was clean and spacious plus there are many mirrors and sockets all around the room. It was a bit loud at night but the noise did not go past 11pm. The hotel doesn't provide breakfast but just down the street across the metro station there is a great cafe with a delicious breakfast. Overall I recommend this hotel to people that are looking for a budget hotel at a good location in Paris.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank _Michelle_ML56

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My mother and I stayed at this 'hotel' in June for 2 nights. It was the longest stay of my life. We arrived in the evening and when the taxi man dropped us off we thought it was a joke and he had brought us to the wrong destination, as the outside looked this the building was about to fall down due to some work being done next door.

We walked into a tiny front room with a desk which we gathered must have been the reception, we were told we were in room 116, we had to carry our suitcases up 6 flights of stairs (no lift!!!) and with no offer of assistance. There was no fire escape, which really worried me. Walked into the room which had 2 doors leading from it; a room with a toilet, which had a random ladder in it, and no lock from the front door so anybody could have walked in. The other door lead to the room. Really old and basic which is fine as I was not expecting 5*, however I did expect it to be clean, which it was not!!!! Luckily we were only there for 2 nights so we thought we would grin and bare it.

Everytime we would go in and out of the hotel we would get bombarded by groups of men trying to persuade us to go into the 'African beautiique' salons to get our hair and nails done.... Yeah right!!!

Just could not wait to leave there and Paris in general.

Only positive was that one man at reception was kind of friendly. But that's it. I really am not one to complain, but it was seriously and weirdly unpleasant, and should not be advertised!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Crosh

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I was transferred from Hotel Jarry (due to water problem) to this hotel. The room is spacious enough because I only booked for single room but was given double room. It has terrible smell inside the room. There is none power point for charging purpose eg camera and phone. I need to unplug the TV power point to get my phone charged. I was lucky to stay for only two nights. I can't wait to check out as soon as possible. The staffs there are hardly speak in English.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank SookWee
London
Reviewed 12 April 2012

It was the worst hotel I have ever been!!! It was not clean at all! Hair and mould in the bathroom and the room! The floor and stairs seem that were never cleaned and covered with dust! Awful smell! In front of the hotel were hair-stile studios for afro-americans and the hair was on the pavement and the street. I am really disgusted!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M K
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 29 March 2012

If you are looking for fancy, don't go here. It is definitely a bargain hotel, but there's a lot of bang for the buck. The rooms are small and old, but mine was clean. The bed was comfortable, and the neighborhood (in the 15th arr.) was quiet. Breakfast and WiFi was included in the price of 85 US dollars for a single. A metro stop (Emile Zola) was a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cellosoo
Dundee, Oregon
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We checked our room out BEFOREHAND. Though it was dark (lighting), we agreed to stay. The rooms are condo like with a nice layout. However once we checked in we noticed our carpet was dirty. We laid out our cosmetics and personal items in the bath as we had an early flight. The next morning when I got up there were small bugs crawling all over my stuff! We went down to the lobby to check out and told the person at the desk about this. She asked what kind of bug and I told her I didn't know. She asked if they were silverfish. I asked her if she had them too and she said they had had them! These were not silverfish, but more like sand fleas. I told her it was my intention to contact AAA about their listing. Didn't faze her. My friend (British) asked if she was going to adjust the bill. She said she would, by $40. However, when I later looked at the bill it was only $30! The carpet in the lobby is dirty too. The AAA book listed this as a 4 star. No way! They also listed it as an "extended" breakfast. Not even close! It was actually embarrassing! Buyer beware!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Corydon, Iowa
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Our room was okay, but I guess our whole experience here was not that great as the evening desk person was very rude and not very helpful at all....we really couldn't say she was just having one bad night as every night she was very rude and not helpful. The internet was very expensive to use at the hotel.
The hotel was very hard to find.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple