“Average food”

Price range: US$30 - US$41
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Great location overlooking Saint Augustine but we were a little disappointed in our food. My husband's steak was gristle and over salted. My steak was a C+ (I had a different cut). Service was adequate.

1  Thank Tshowalter1

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Looking for a place to have lunch that was handy to our hotel we across this brasserie, as it was lunchtime all the outside tables were taken but we were quickly seated at the window inside.
Our waiter was friendly and took our order ( no English ) so brush up on our French .
The food came out within 10 mins, I had the chicken which like most reviewers I found it a bit dry, it was the leg but still dry.
The espresso coffee was good and the overall bill was not too pricey for a central Paris brasserie

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stopped here late one night after a hard day of touring. The dinners were fine (we had chicken), though they were out of pomme frites so we had rice served. The place is clean, the food fine, and the waiter was very friendly. Much better than the St. Augustin across the street.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Menu was classic French brasserie. Foie gras was excellent. The chicken could have been more tender for American palates, but these are free range chickens. Service was as impeccable as any French restaurant can be. The crepes are the specialty, so if you want to know what a French crepe should taste like, this is the place.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I can't understand the comments about bad steaks here. I agree it is a bit expensive but that's Paris for you, but the steak and chips melted in the mouth. The creme brûlée was lovely too. The kids thought the food was the best they had in Paris - they cleared their plates and kept raving about their steaks. Service was fine. I tried speaking in French which the waiter clearly appreciated even though very basic level. It was packed when we went - clearly popular with the locals. We had 4 entrecôte and chips and creme brûlée with soft drinks, wine and water for approx €120.