“Close to the Taylor Hotel, a lovely place to eat”

Bistrot Renaissance
Ranked #5,575 of 18,359 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$24 - US$43
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Château d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Reviewed 10 February 2014

There were six of us and we were treated very well with good suggestions and were very pleased with the atmosphere, There were lots of locals and tourists. We like it so much we ate there twice. A fun place on our first night, recommended by the Taylor Hotel

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by the receptionist at our hotel. It was our first night in Paris after a of day travelling and it was perfect. A good selection on the menu, very different from 'home' which is exactly what we were after. The waiting staff were wonderful, happy to speak in English, given an English menu but it was all very Parisienne: excellent food and wine - everything we'd hoped for :)

1  Thank Joanna P
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

The waiter was apologetic about it but the management did not bother even asking anything about it...no further comments

1  Thank Jb R
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I went here for dinner twice, the first time on my first evening in Paris. I took the recommendation of other guests in the nearby hotel I was staying in to come here, although I'm sure I would found the place through discovery eventually myself. It is in a wonderful location with great views and the cafe itself is authentic and charming. The waiters who served me were very friendly, professional and helpful and they even spoke English. A couple were particularly welcoming and chatty, which was lovely when you are just finding your way in a new country and don't speak the language. One was very interested in where I was from (Australia), not something I found everywhere I went in Paris. It was one of the friendliest and welcoming places I dined at in Paris. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. I had a light meal of bread, meted cheese and ham with a small side salad served on a board the first night. The cheese was so good, the meal was perfectly cooked, a recommendation from the waiter. The other meal I had was a beautiful mild chicken curry with fennel, which was so delicious I ate it all even though it was quite a large serve. I also had the creme brûlée which was the best I've ever had. I'd definitely go here again and strongly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The pork fillet arrived raw, after I sent it back it arrived burnt and the pasta that came with it had been kept under a grill and the sauce had melted to show how much fat there was in it. To make matters worse the waiter tried to explain that fillet de pork is the only part of the pork that can be eaten that way (raw). I did not eat it and they agreed to remove it from the bill. The risotto my friend ate was far from fresh and the aspargus were from a tin. The half bottle of cote du rhone was good but the kitchen is a real rip off. Definitely I do not recommend it. Sad experiences like this in Paris are becoming more and more common.