“Excellent unpretentious local restaurant”
Review of La Salle a Manger

La Salle a Manger
Ranked #6,264 of 17,018 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
London
“Excellent unpretentious local restaurant”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My friend and I discovered this restaurant on the first day of our recent stay in Paris as it was down the road from our hotel. It was so nice we went back every evening. Nothing fancy, just really nicely prepared and presented, tasty food - and very good value. Also, friendly staff and excellent service. Recommended!

• Visited March 2014

Melbourne, AU
“Whenever in Paris, I always return”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm in Paris about every 2 years and always make sure I have a meal here each time. There are so many noisy, fake, tourist-trap restaurants in Paris, that it's so wonderful to enjoy the quiet, understated ambience and dine like a local, especially if you are travelling alone. Always good value and excellent quality food and service. The menu, which we would tend to call a "set menu" in English, contains a wide range of entree, mains and desserts with a standard price for two or three courses. You can add a glass of wine and an after-dinner cognac to a two course meal without the fear of being shocked by the bill. In fact, I've paid higher prices for meals in Paris at places with disposable plates, no table service and horrible furnishings. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited March 2014
Maldon, United Kingdom
“Great for the price”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice little place that proves you dont need to spend a fortune to enjoy food in Paris.

We did the ?19.90 two course menu, so with a drink each and a coffee each after (two of us) we spent about ?53 - almost half what we spent the night before for a lesser quality meal!

The service and food were both very good and I would happily recommend.

Lyon, France
“Place is nice, food is ok but all the rest is disappointing”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

As soon as France will - at last... - adopt the "fait maison" (home made) label this one will either have to close, sell or change cook...
The place is rather nice and well arranged and decorated. But as rightly said the owner is absolutely not familiar with the concept of "welcoming" clients with such simple thing as a smile. I went there quite late in the evening - 10PM or so - and I asked if I could still be served. The answer was yes but in a second thought I think they only had in mind the additional money they would get...
I felt like he was continuously keeping an eye on me like if I would have to quickly order the next dish. Quite stressful ambiance.
Food was okay though and fish was well cooked but "assiette de fromages" was clearly dry and tasteless.
Pity... if only they could hire a smiling face.
Check Paris in the 15e arrondissement and you'll find plenty of nice places less than 1 km around.

• Visited May 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great food, great prices”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This restaurant is both magnificent and very reasonably priced. Entree + plat (meal) for 19 euros?!? We had the duck with lavender, choucroux with fish, saumon en croute, and lamb and each was succulent, perfectly sized, and delicately herbed. Entrees of scallop, foie gras, chevre en croute equally so. On the two nights we ate there, we were the only tourists (late June and mid July!) - the locals know it's a great spot. It was a pleasant surprise the first night, and a real treat the second.

Waiters are friendly and helpful (recommendations for off-the-beaten-path shopping).

After dinner, stroll (or take the metro 2 stops) down to the Champ de Mars and take in or climb the Eiffel Tower at night

• Visited July 2013