“Week in Paris and Disney land”
Review of Special Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Special Apartments
Ranked #37 of 181 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have recently returned from a great trip to Paris staying in apartment #2 through special apartments. The service provided to me was great giving me all the information I needed about the apartment but also the surrounding area and travel advise to and from the airport. The apartment was perfect for myself and son who travelled to Paris for a break and to visit Disney land Paris. The apartment had everything we required and was in a nice and quiet location with local supermarkets and beautiful bread and cake shops for breakfast. The Metro was only 100m away and was perfect for me to travel to the train service to Disney which was 40 mins away. I usually stay in hotels but will be looking at similar apartments moving forward as it was much more flexible and also cheaper than a city centre hotel. Had a great week and don't want to be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandey01

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Apartment #039 in the Marais was wonderful and had everything we needed for our trip to Paris for my husband’s 50th. It is in a great location. Everything was very close to us including a choice of metro stations. We were there for 3 weeks in November and so Paris was a tad chilly - but our apartment was super warm and in a quiet neighbourhood so it was perfect. I loved the little bedroom – the window throws up beautiful colours in the morning. The light in the lounge area was also beautiful. The apartment was clean (recommend the cleaning service once a week if you are there long enough so you don’t need to do it). I found the washing machine a tiny bit hard to figure out (and I have a front loader) but I downloaded the PDF of the manual and all was fine. I sent this to John and gang too so just ask for a copy when you book in. Climbing the stairs was only really inconvenient when arriving and leaving with luggage – not enough of an issue to be put off this wonderful apartment. They were very accommodating too re leaving a key for our early arrival and allowing us to stay a few hours longer than allowed. Excellent. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: This was perfect for a couple. The area is great and easy to walk into Seine attractions - or just...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ally F F
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Our stay at apartment #041 before Christmas was fantastic. A great location to explore Paris, we just loved the Marais district. The apartment was well appointed, warm, very clean, and spacious and made for a relaxing stay with our 21 yr old daughter. Organisation thru Special Apartments went without a hitch. So convenient and professional. They organised a car pickup from the airport which I would highly recommend for your first visit to Paris. Not having to worry about finding our way after the long flight from Australia was worth every cent. Located on Rue Rambuteau with no shortage of cafes, patisseries, fromageries, wine stores and a local supermarket...and apart from the local food, also great boutique shopping. So much to see and explore close by that we hardly got to the centre of Paris. Just means that we will have to go back again for another stay. Four days did not even scratch the surface of Paris...so much to do...from #041, an easy stroll to Notre Dame and St Germain on the left bank - great food selection. Recommend the Batobus hop on hop off boat tour with stops at the Louvre, Champs Elysses, Eiffel Tower, Museum d'Orsay. Closest stop to apartment is near the Hotel de Ville, which is just a few minutes walk from the apartment. We were just days before the Christmas skating rink opened at Hotel de Ville....would have loved to experience that at night. The Christmas lights and decorations were something else. This was my first visit to Paris, but certainly won't be my last, and I will definitely book through Special Apartments on my return. Totally loved the whole experience. Much more relaxing in an apartment than in a (tiny roomed) hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My husband and I spent a week in apartment #008 in December and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The apartment was exactly as seen on the internet - possibly smaller than it looked but we were prepared for that as Paris apartments are small. That said it was more than big enough for two of us and very comfortable. The Wifi worked excellently and detailed instructions meant all appliances were easy to use.We followed up on some of the restaurant suggestions and had some great meals
The position was perfect, a minutes walk from the lively Rue de Montorgueil with its myriad restaurants and food stores of all descriptions. The metro was close by but it was an easy walk to most of the main attractions such as the Louvre, Notre Dame and the Rue de Rivoli and always a delight to come home to "our" apartment after a day out and about.
Special Apartments were extremely helpful. Booking was a simple and professional process. Someone was waiting to meet us as promised and they were more than happy to organise other things such as transport to the airport when we left. We thought they were great.
Our only downside was that we found the bed a little hard - but that is simply a matter of preference.
If we are lucky enough to return to Paris we would most definitely stay here again and definitely book with Special Apartments.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rossimana2013
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Recently I enjoyed a week in Paris with my wife and a couple with whom we have been friends for over twenty years. We had a wonderful time in Paris. Our apartment, #040, was perfect. It was spacious, clean, well appointed and provided views of the Paris skyline. The apartment is basically across the street from the Louvre. We were within easy walking distance of most major tourist attractions in Paris and a metro station was nearby. The choice of restaurants in the vicinity of the apartment was unbelievable. We managed to find a patisserie in the next street which had the most delicious cakes. Unfortunately we have all put on a few kilos as a result. My only recommendation is to provide English instructions for the appliances in the apartment. We did manage to operate the washer / dryer by trial and error but instructions would have made the job a little easier. There may have been English instructions but we did not manage to find them.

Special Apartments provided excellent and courteous service. The process of booking the apartment, receiving the keys and leaving the apartment was totally hassle free. We, as non-French speakers, really appreciated their guidance in finding the apartment using the Metro / RER systems.

In summary, we would have no hesitation in recommending Special Apartments, and Apartment #040, to anyone visiting Paris. We will certainly be contacting Special Apartments when planning our next visit to Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I stayed in Special Apartments unit 36 in October 2013. The unit was exactly as advertised. Which for this apartment means small. We never felt closed in though and had no trouble with the two of us sharing the space. As small as this apartment is, it is still larger than many of the hotel rooms in Paris. We were able to use the kitchen for quick snacks between sightseeing and the washer/dryer let us pack lighter than we would have otherwise. The pull out sofa bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. It has a quality beautyrest mattress and the pillows and duvet were also high quality. The towels were much larger and plush compared to what you normally find in a hotel.

Our goal in Paris was seeing the sights and not sitting around a room. The location of this apartment was perfect for sightseeing. It is across the street from the Louvre and a short block from the Metro. We had easy access to everything we wanted to see and could walk most places. Despite the noisy and busy part of town, everything was quiet as soon as we stepped into the courtyard and we were able to leave our windows open and things were peaceful and quiet.

Jessica and Regis were great to work with and both speak english fluently. We had no trouble at all with the entire process. I will always book with them in Paris. I can't imagine staying at a hotel in Paris ever again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg R
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed with a friend, in July 2013, in apartment #1. It was almost OK, given the following issues:
- Written instructions about the apartment stated that it was on the right of the elevator. However, there were three doors to the right, so we had to guess, at 11.00 at night, which door was right and hope not to wake anyone.
- The “high speed Internet” advertised were two Ethernet cables on the floor, since the wi-fi didn’t work. After a number of emails exchanged, they provided us with a password for a wifi network that actually worked, and for which we had a max of one line signal on the couch and only occasionally in other areas of the room as well.
- I didn’t quite understand in what way we could "call free internationally" (as advertised), since there was no phone and wifi had the issues mentioned above.
- The “flat screen TV” advertised is actually a 19 (?) inch monitor, that is indeed flat but didn’t work at all. We mentioned that to the staff in an email, he said someone will come over to take a look but nothing happened.
- Most importantly, the pictures they had, and still have, on the website for this apartment are not correct. The furniture and flooring are consistently different between the pictures and reality. They said it had been refurbished and recently renovated - however I expected renovation to imply something better than before instead of the opposite (ugly and almost dirty floor, kitchen sink where you could see scratch marks, mattress on the bed had large stains on it, holes in the walls that didn't look all that recent, broken bed lamp, stained couch etc.)
This was a HUGE disappointment.
- Bathroom didn’t look that “recently renovated” either.
- The "welcome basket" was a few tea bags and a couple of biscuits.
- A general feeling of "not so clean" and stickiness. I do understand vintage furniture, but this was not that; it was just old unkempt furniture.

It wasn’t a terrible stay, but it wasn’t a good one either. It did give a strange feeling of being in a house that someone rented out for the weekend and forgot to take all of their personal things from the cupboards (empty plastic bags, some pasta and other leftovers etc).

They even asked me for feedback a month after we left, I did tell them all of the things above and they offered a 20% refund to compensate for the lack of TV, as if all the other issues I mentioned are acceptable. Either way, 3 months away I haven't received any refund.

Also, I know lodging in Paris is unjustifiably expensive, but if this is a "large" studio I don't even want to think about what a "small studio" is like.

I'm actually very surprised that the overall reviews here are as good as they are now...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends