“Fun in the 5th”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odéon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Fun place, fun people, fun people watching in the touristy area of the Latin Quarter. Food is average but not disappointing. Very good onion soup. A good value, we were a family of four and spent about 90 euros including two carafes of wine.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Whilst wondering the beautiful streets of St Germain I came across a very cute/ outdoorsy restaurant I thought I would give a crack especially being my first night out in Paris on my own can be intimidating to say the least! I was greeted by an amazing host Gino who realised I was on my own and was very accomodating, friendly and hilarious! The staff were genuine and hilarious consistently interacting with their staff at any occasion. The food was beautiful I chose the Duck Terrine, Chicken in wine and creme bruillie for desert delicious! I will definately be visiting Le Harpe again before I leave they made me feel so welcome whilst having the real taste of Frence cuisine. Thank u Le Harpe! X

1  Thank Viclenz
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I chose this restaurant because it had wi-fi and looked ok from the outside. We had the 16,80 euro menus and asked for a carafe of water (free).
I chose 6 escargots (snails), boeuf bourguignon and a "dame blanche" (vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce), while my husband chose a pancake with ham and cheese, coq au vin and creme brulee. The starters and the desserts were delicious, but the main course was average.
As this seemed to be a family business, the owner and his son were our waiters. The former seemed very cocky and after spilling a carafe of water on the table, he didn't even apologize. After this incident, his son took over and served us the dessert. The latter's service was decent.

Pros:
- good starters and desserts
- decent price for Paris
- good location - Latin Quarter
- wi-fi

Cons:
- awful service
- average main course
- no air conditioning

I would not eat there again.

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a couple of meals here. The food is good but nothing spectacular. Good value nevertheless. Staff lovely. 35 degrees when we visited. I asked for a glass if ice. The maitre d Alison brought me an ice pack !!! And remembered second visit and provided again without asking. Also very kind when I had thought I had lost my iphone. Not there and suggested very diplomaticly it might be in my hotel room ..... It was .... Under the bed !!? Lovely people. Would recommend

Reviewed 1 August 2013

La Harpe Restaurant is one of the many on Rue de la Harpe, just off Blvd St.Michel in the 5th Arrondisement in Paris. Very competitive street this with all the restaurants offering low priced menu eating between €12 to €17 for 3 courses. Great atmosphere, always plenty of people eating and wandering down this street plus usually some street performers liven up the place at regular intervals. This is a touristy/atmosphere eating space....not Cordon Bleu! So take it for what it is, cheap, wholesome, simple French bistro food with no frills. You will enjoy this place....beats fast food hands down.