“For the Price Paid This Restaurant Was Great Value”
Review of La Harpe

La Harpe
Ranked #14,761 of 18,708 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odéon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were looking for a typical french restaurant with an al fresco table available. This restaurant ticked all the boxes with a front table available with great views of the street and a 3 course meal for 16 Euro. The service was prompt and we soon had our orders made and two large mugs of beer to quench our thirst. The food was nice and very good value for the price paid. It was not fine dining, but for the price we didn't expect it to be. The waiter was more than happy to take some tourist snaps of us and we enjoyed a friendly chat.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just arrived in Paris and the restaurant across the road had nobody in. Our friend suggested trying this one and we were not enthused. The main man on the door arranged some tables so that 6 of us could sit together, Was still not convinced that it was a good place to eat as most people were drinking and eating French fries. Waitress was very helpful and patient as we tried to order our meals in very poor French. They quickly made room for another 2 of our friends who were indeed shocked to see where we were having our 1st meal in Paris. I have to say that the food was good. Steaks were perfectly cooked. The beef bourguignon was tasty but the potatoes were cold. Puddings were also good. Not too sure if we would rush back but would definitely pop back in as between 12 Euros and 16 Euros for 3 courses, it was very good value.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to this restaurant last Wednesday, June 13, 2018. We were visiting the area, it was late (10:30pm) and the kids were hungry so we saw some fondue in one of the tables and it grabbed our attention. We ate some fondue and it was ok. The service was not so good either...but the worst part was the mouse that passed next to our table...we couldn’t believe it. My daughter and I screamed of terror and no one came...after that (we couldn’t eat anymore), the baby mouse stay there walking through the tables and we called the waiter and told him what happened and even showed him the video of the mouse in the restaurant floor! He said “I will tell my boss about that”....I’m still thinking how that could help our bad experience there, and we also wander where was the rest of the mouse family‍♀️. Please do yourselves a favor and don’t go there ever!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Omar the Maitre de (?) is fantastic. Will keep in touch with him via email/facebook. Enjoyed street musicians.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

This is first time I have eaten at a restaurant in Paris and if this is what is being dished up to unsuspecting tourists, it will be the last. I found the food overrated, overstated and horribly overpriced. In fact, it was downright disgusting. I have eaten better food at most truckers roadhouses. Not only were the premises were filthy and clearly unhygienic, the furniture was old and the chairs dangerously wonky. This entire restaurant needs a full makeover and as it is, would have been shut down in my home country as a health and safety hazard. As for the food, it was greasy and badly prepared - they obviously use a microwave to prepare most meals from a freezer and then fob this unpalatable junk off as French cuisine. And way too many menu choices that cannot possibly be served fresh. And shame on the Paris authorities for doing nothing to ensure the gastronomic safety of its residents and tourists whose health is being clearly compromised. And be aware of the persuasive, if not agressivve touting at the doorway and entrance area as I saw many unsuspecting passersby becoming unsuspecting patrons of this horrible little place they have the audacity to call a restaurant. Avoid like a plague.

1  Thank Ansetjack