“The worst place I've seen in France” 1 of 5 bubbles

Le Bourbon
Ranked #11,532 of 16,719 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
“The worst place I've seen in France”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I knew that french services were usually not tourist-friendly, but this place had the worst service that I've ever been to. It seemed that they wanted to kick as out of the place, constantly asking us if we were finished, throwing the food to the table, etc. We had a terrible fight at the end of the dinner and we will never go there again. I strongly recommend to never step into this place. It is the most ungrateful, disrespectful and disgraceful restaurant that I have ever been to

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
“Unfriendly service. Below average food. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were traveling through Paris and were lured in to the establishment by the friendly guy outside. Within a few minutes we somewhat regretted our decision. The atmosphere was cheap gloomy tacky and it smelled badly. The waiters were unfriendly, it started with throwing the cutlery on the table and continued with them trying to take the food away while we were still eating. We chose the 22€ menu which was a rip off. The onion soup was alright my main (steak) was less than ordinary, my girlfriends (the duck) was nothing special. Her desert (profiteroles) was bad, I choose the 3. Cheeses which was the safest option. The toilets were filthy. By the time it came to paying I didn't give big tip, and the waiter did let me know he didn't like that and so did the door man. So do yourself a favor and find somewhere else!!!

Quebec City
“A meal to forget”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

We went there, fully aware that it was a tourist trap, and I can only agree with the other reviewers. This place serves awful food, but trying to find a really good place near your hotel on the day of your arrival, especially on Christmas day, is not easy. The only enjoyable memory of this place will have been to see "coq au vin" translated as "cock cooking in wine sauce".

• Visited December 2013
Uk
“ABSOLUTLEY TERRIBLE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

A pathetic excuse for a resturant!

After searching around for a decent resturant we settled on this because it was the last one on the strip...

The atmosphere is gloomy, smelly and uncomfortable.

So we read the menu and decided to share a cheese fondue between four of us... The service was ABSOLUTLEY terrible! The man was not pleased we were only ordering one dish between us telling us its per person... Anyway, after convincing him that's all we wanted he strongly pressured us to have more, and so rudely ,I was shocked. When the fondue came it was just thrown on our table, it was enough for us all to snack on. He didn't come over to make sure everything was okay and came over to give he bill mentioning because we shared the price will be higher! What a scandal!!! He then picked up our plates WHILE WE WERE EATING!!! All I can say is if you was rubbish service and not great food come here!!!

• Visited November 2013
Krakow, Poland
“HORRIBLE! one of the worst visit of my life.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Well... It is definitely one of the worst restaurants ever. People who run this 'restaurant' doesn't know a thing about cuisine, serving guests, atmosphere. They are just money-oriented, waiting for desperate, hungry, temporary incautious tourists.. Poor us. Me and my boyfriend were strolling among restaurants on Latin District and then we saw le bourbon's menu : 3 courses for 15euro.. hmmm what a price! and the guy is already talking to us 'come inside come inside'. I don't know why my attention must be sleeping and i haven't checked it on the phone. BIG MISTAKE.
We ordered snails and frog's legs for starters, vegetable gratin and beef for main course and creme brulee for desert and bottle of wine (which saved this evening because at least we got drunked) I AM SURE everything we got was frozen before.. frog's legs looked like they pour it on the plate from some jar and heat it in the microwave. The same was with creme brulee - it was hot on the top but cold inside and awful..
My vegetable gratin consisted of overcooked beans, stiff potatoes and stinky cheesee. My boy got beef and fries swimming with oil, absolutely disgusting.
AND THE SMELL WAS SO BAD..
Decoration ? We noticed it few minutes after but it was ridiculous, cheap and tacky..
I don't recommend.