“Ok at best”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
“Ok at best”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

As we were walking around the charming back st lanes in the Latin quarter wondering what to eat , fish, steak ,Italian ,Chinese ,and others we were pounced on by a very polite but persistent tout . Packed in like sardines in a can . Toilets were disgusting . Food was ok at best can't think of anything more positive to say about the place. You do get 3 course dinner for 15 eu.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank johnbulpin_swansea

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
“Why would you?”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I find the Latin Quarter charming, with its narrow streets and endless choices of places to eat, drink, and browse. And with all the competition, dinner costs with price fixed menus are low. So, as we meander the lanes, a friendly "hawker" waves us in. We kept looking down the street but came back to sit and dine.

Food was average, at best. With all the great restaurants in Paris -- even cheap ones -- why would you ever settle for this one? Some items were ok, but we weren't impressed by the end. So, while there are good, low-priced places in Paris, in the Latin Quarter you sometimes get what you pay for!

Not worth stopping here!

1 Thank Rickf902
Galway, Ireland
“Really poor service matched the food”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I find the area of the 'Latin quarter' nearest the river is not great in terms of restaurants and Le Bourbon is no exception. The only good thing about it was the guy on the street tempting you in - after that it was not good. Food was terrible - I had lamb which was basically a lump of bone served with dry chips and some green beans. I went for the three course set menu and had to beg after each course for the table to be cleared. The only thing worse was the house red wine which was not drinkable. Avoid this place.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank drdryan
“The worst place I've seen in France”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I knew that french services were usually not tourist-friendly, but this place had the worst service that I've ever been to. It seemed that they wanted to kick as out of the place, constantly asking us if we were finished, throwing the food to the table, etc. We had a terrible fight at the end of the dinner and we will never go there again. I strongly recommend to never step into this place. It is the most ungrateful, disrespectful and disgraceful restaurant that I have ever been to

Paris, France
“Unfriendly service. Below average food. ”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were traveling through Paris and were lured in to the establishment by the friendly guy outside. Within a few minutes we somewhat regretted our decision. The atmosphere was cheap gloomy tacky and it smelled badly. The waiters were unfriendly, it started with throwing the cutlery on the table and continued with them trying to take the food away while we were still eating. We chose the 22€ menu which was a rip off. The onion soup was alright my main (steak) was less than ordinary, my girlfriends (the duck) was nothing special. Her desert (profiteroles) was bad, I choose the 3. Cheeses which was the safest option. The toilets were filthy. By the time it came to paying I didn't give big tip, and the waiter did let me know he didn't like that and so did the door man. So do yourself a favor and find somewhere else!!!