“Charming apartment - ideal location”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Enusflytr...
“Charming apartment - ideal location”
Reviewed 28 July 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I woke up on the first morning with gorgeous sunlight streaming through the window. I remember sitting in the living room sipping a cup of tea and watching the early morning Parisian commuters pass by on Rue Francois Miron. It was a lovely welcome to Le Marais and really set the tone to our visit.

This, to my mind, is a typical inner city Paris apartment: wooden floors (that creak, of course), traditional layout with a modern kitchen, a small but functional bathroom - and the luxury of a separate dining room, of which we made good use. We brought back croissants and baguettes from the (excellent) boulangerie on the same block, seasonal fruit from the local markets and an array of cheese from a delightful fromagerie we discovered just down the road. A veritable feast which we enjoyed at lunchtimes.
As far as the accommodation was concerned: the bed was comfortable, the closet space more than adequate and the furnishings comfortable. I felt at home. One night, when friends dropped by, we could offer them a bed to sleep on via the fold-out in the living room. No complaints from them (didn't test it myself).

My partner and I have stayed at this apartment on two trips to Paris and can't wait to go back. It's a little gem.. walking distance to lots of city attractions and 200 metres from the metro (St-Paul). The owner, Françoise, told us about her favourite local bistros (very good advice, as it turned out). The agent was punctual and professional. When we reported a minor problem (the loo wouldn't stop flushing) he got a plumber in promptly and it was fixed.

I wouldn't hesitate recommending this charming apartment. We look forward to staying there on our next visit to our favourite city.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
ErvinTan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Don't stay here.”
Reviewed 8 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

From the 15th to the 22nd of June 2015, I stayed here and it was frankly one of the worst choices I've made throughout my travelling days.

Before I begin, I'd like to point out that this apartment is indeed located strategically; there's a train station not too far off, and the restaurants nearby offer good food. But then, there's always a better place to stay that's just as strategically located.

Also, the management was kind enough to send us information on Paris before our visit, such as tips on what to do and what not to do in Paris. However, the agents ruined our experience significantly.

Here's the story: when I placed my booking online and expressed my interest to stay here, I was told to pay a deposit, which I promptly did. The unprofessionalism starts when I was only notified upon paying the deposit that there would be a surplus charge if I checked-in after 8 PM; such details are normally shared before one hands over any money.

Fast forward to the 15th of June 2015 and I barely made it to the apartment in time (7:55 PM, if I recall correctly), but the agent in charge took a long time to greet us and didn't even have the heart to help us carry some of our luggage (two flights of winding stairs can be a little hard on the back).

He introduced himself as Benjamin and soon, financial discussions were underway. Everything was proceeding smoothly until the agent mentioned that we had yet to pay the deposit, and when I assured him that we had already done so, he asked to see our proof of payment, that is, the payment slip. I didn't have that with me. I did however bring along the contract, most fortunately, and it was only when he had read it that he mumbled, "Okay." Miscommunication? An attempt to earn a few extra euros? Whatever it is, it was unprofessional.

But that's not all. The toilet seat was broken, and we thought nothing else was …… until we took a shower before calling it a night. It was then when we discovered the horrible truth; the shower drain was clogged. Who knows how long it'd been clogged for; a pair of tweezers uncovered long strands of hair, pubic hair, even blood …… Because it was so clogged, it would take the water a horrendous amount of time before it flowed down the drain, and even then some of it would stubbornly remain so that the next time the shower was used, that same dirty water would mix with the clean water on the floor. We had to bear with this throughout our week in Paris.

There's more. After promising us on the very first day that he would have a taxi ready for us at 8:30 AM for transport to the airport on the day we checked-out (we protested that 8:30 AM would make for a rushed trip, since our flight was at 12:00 PM on the dot, and it would be safer to depart at 8:00 AM, but he insisted that he knew what he was doing and everything would be alright), the agent made us wait on the day itself until a knock on the door resounded at 8:30 AM sharp. I opened the door and there stood a different person. He introduced himself as "another agent, a partner of Benjamin's", and seemed friendly.

When we asked about the taxi, he told us that Benjamin had not told him anything regarding that arrangement. Instead, he said calmly that there were "taxis just around the corner", and if we did not like that he could call a taxi for us, but that would take up precious time and the taxi he called would charge a more expensive fare compared to the taxis "around the corner".

What did we do? We decided to carry our luggage all the way to the taxi stand "around the corner" and hail a taxi. It cost us 67 euros. Benjamin told us it would cost only 50. The journey took almost an hour. Benjamin said we would arrive in thirty minutes' time. In the end, thanks to all this, we didn't have the time to do our shopping at the airport as planned, since all of it was spent queuing up for tax refund.

Last but certainly not least, Benjamin, on the day we checked-in, using the excuse that the credit card we gave him had to be swiped to ascertain that it was the real thing, did just that. He gave the figure of 10 euros. That's 10 euros gone for nothing. We decided not to make a fuss about it, but on the day we checked-out, on the document to be signed the figure of 20 euros was given instead. So that's not 10 euros gone for nothing, but 20 euros. Since we were short of time (who knows, maybe the agent wanted it that way), we decided again to go along with it and got the document signed without much hassle.

So, what do I think of this place? It is very poorly maintained, to be sure, but more importantly the agents are ineffectual. Put bluntly, they're a slapdash excuse for agents. Do yourself a favour and steer clear of this apartment, unless you'd like a taste of the uglier part of Paris.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Travel970...
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Significant apartment finish and cleanliness problems”
Reviewed 10 July 2012 for a stay in March 2012
people found this review helpful

Apartment was filthy when we arrived and we spent most of two days in buying cleaning materials and in cleaning (8 hours of cleaning for two people, 16 hours total). The floors and counters were clean, but virtually everything else in the apartment had to be cleaned, including dishes, silverware, shelves, shower, toilet, flower boxes, refrigerator, washing machine, etc. Many of the dining room shelves stored junk and so were unusable. The dining room cabinetry and walls are all in need of painting, pillows need to be replaced, and the mattress pad needs to be cleaned. The floor is creaky throughout the living and dining room and annoying to those living below, as well as those in this apartment.

The owner gave us a credit of 100 Euros, for compensation, but that did not make up for our lost time.

Again, we would not recommend this apartment and we will not return. In spite of our troubles, the apartment's location was perfect. As always, Paris was a joy for a three-month stay. We did not spend too much awake time in the apartment. For reference, we have rented three other Paris apartments and many others in France. Most were excellent, and none were worse than this for cleanliness and upkeep.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, location, location
Liked least: Cleanliness and upkeep
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
freshface...
Mentor, Ohio
“Nice except for toilet!”
Reviewed 6 February 2012 for a stay in December 2010

Very cozy and nice apartment with the exception of a difficulty with the toilet which was in a seperate room. The wood flooring around the toilet was rotted from leakage which must have been for a long time previous to our stay and the toilet was very unstable because of it. I would ONLY recommend this apartment if the toilet room has been completely redone, since everyone NEEDS a toilet that works - even when on vacation!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great location and cozy surroundings. Warm and pleasant.
Liked least: The toilet
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
6 Feb 2012
Hello, Sorry about the delay to respond on this case. Following your email, we have contacted the flat manager and owner and everything has been fixed after your departure. See you soon in Paris, Paris Be A Part Of It Team
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing