“Excellent value”

Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I visited this restaurant during a trip to Paris with my husband. It's a small restaurant popular with a younger crowd. We enjoyed our meal very much and found the price very reasonable. It wasn't the best food we had in Paris but was still very good. I had a beef stew dish and the house terrine, which were both well prepared. The restaurant does get crowded so arrive between 8-8:30 if you don't have a reservation.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Delicious food, helpful staff”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We visited this restaurant in Paris after reading an entry about it on a food blog. It's located in a small side street in Montmartre. It's a small restaurant, populated by mostly twenty-somethings and a scattering of the older crowd, with a number of people there just to sit at the bar, soak up the atmosphere, and drink. We don't speak French, but the waitress was incredibly nice and helpfully explained every single item on the menu. You either pick an appetizer and a main, or a main and a dessert. I had the steak, which was amazingly tender and delicious, with seeded mustard, and house chutney, which was sweet and yet tangy at the same time. For dessert, we had rice pudding, which was also amazing, if pre-prepared. I would definitely recommend this place for quality food in Montmartre!

• Visited January 2013
Delaware
“First trip here was a great experience, second was not”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

After having dined at Cheri Bibi in late November, my husband and I suggested this restaurant to a friend who was visiting us in Paris from Oslo. Our first experience had been wonderful. Great food, helpful and friendly service, lively but not obnoxious environment. We could not have been more disappointed to take our friend to this restaurant. The staff was completely inflexible to accommodate a vegetarian diner. There were no vegetarian main courses offered but a few vegetarian starters. Our dining companion simply asked to have the two starters rather than a starter and a main course. She was told she could not do that and was instead, at her request, served an empty plate during the main course, for us to share food from our plates. I am told this type of inflexibility is typical Parisian, but still, it was really ridiculous. The food, once we got it after having argued for a while about what we could order, was not nearly as good as it had been the week before. The vegetable soup was average, as was the salmon dish that I was served. Our server was quite clumsy and knocked over my husband's (nearly full) wine glass. He promptly returned with an empty glass for my husband to refill from our bottle. As we were leaving, we saw the same server knock over and break another diner's glass! Would not return and only recommend with the qualifying description that it is "inconsistent."

• Visited December 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
“A fantastic meal, atmosphere and staff”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband and I were celebrating my birthday in Paris. This restaurant was so easier to find. We arrive 30 minutes too early and the staff made us feel very welcome by inviting us in whilst they were getting ready for the evening .....they had not officially opened. They offered us a pre-dinner drink whilst we were waiting and I happily wrote some postcards while we chatted about the sightseeing that day. The waiter came promptly at 8pm and as he realised we would be better with a waiter who spoke english he immediately asked his colleague to come and wait on our table. The other waiter then gave us a wonderful discription of the dishes on the blackboard and we ordered entree and main-course. The service was fast and the food fantastic, the staff made us feel very welcome and later we enjoyed a dessert. The wine selection list was quite adequate and we were very happy with our choice. We can highly recommend this restaurant!!!

• Visited November 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Highly Disappointing”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

An evening after viewing a theatre play in montmarte, we decided to stop in the Cheri Bibi to see what was really happening there
We were highly disappointed - no service at all! I mean litterally waiters were just ignoring us, speaking together, to their friends, and going for a smoke... I am parisian but this is still an unacceptable behavior to me
When we managed to order something, the only thing that they told us was available, it was in a really small portion - come on this is no gastronomy restaurant guys, you have to put a bit more food in there, especially for the price!
Apart from that the furniture is really nice and makes you want inside. But don't be fooled: this is not a friendly nor pleasant place

• Visited October 2012