“It could be better”

Ranked #1,642 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
There are newer reviews for ibis budget Paris Porte de Montmartre

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my first time at the Ibis "budget" brand hotel and here's a breakdown of my experience.

It's no secret that Paris is expensive so, my positive points are about the costs and possible savings.

Within my own personal budget, the rates were reasonable enough for me to extend my stay by two days.

There is a huge grocery store with a bakery inside that's two steps away from the hotel. I didn't eat the hotel breakfast buffet but bought little snacks from the store instead.

It's a basic room and relatively clean.

The negative points have to do with the area.

I would caution visitors to really consider the environment surrounding the hotel. Unfortunately, it's not in a good area. Although I wasn't frightened, I did feel unsafe at times going to and from the hotel (especially at night).

Others have commented on how dirty the area is and I must agree. It's not just a lot of trash but also random objects scattered around (shoes, plastic gadgets, wood pieces...). There were many make-shift markets where people would sell old items piled on blankets in the middle of the sidewalk. On the weekend, there is a big flea market across the street from the hotel.

I would also advise anyone staying at this hotel to secure ALL of your belongings when you leave the room. Unfortunately, some items were stolen from my makeup bag that I kept near the sink. I reported it to the hotel staff and they were very apologetic but I didn't get my things back.

Overall, I would not stay at this particular hotel again. However, I do like Ibis hotels and I would rebook with them but in a different location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Before I left on my tour I researched everything! Not much info was found on the hotels so I swore i would write reviews for future travellers. A year later here they are.

First stop on our Contiki tour yay! Hotel was very clean. Probably the cleanest on our whole trip. Location was poor but the contiki bus took us around and then we stayed out the night and caught a taxi back (not very expensive when split 4 ways). I did this tour with my partner. All we cared about was if it was 1. clean 2. had a decent shower 3. a double bed was a bonus. So this hotel got 2 thumbs up :)

WARNING- this area had lots of gypsies! A contiki bus driver got robbed right out the front of our hotel whilst we were packing our bus. Also we saw 2 people get robbed in paris centre. Just be vigilant.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank telpage
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Room was basic but honestly it was clean. Not that specious but for 2 people it was ok. Toilet was clean, shower was brilliant with hot water. They have a small basin in the corner of the room. Neighbourhood not clean and its only 10 minutes walk to the nearest metro. Service was ok but the day I have checked in the lady at the reception was very rude and unprofessional. No manner at all. For budget travel yoi can stay at the hotel! !

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel in October 2013. It is a very basic hotel where you just want to crash in the night. The rooms are clean with fresh sheets and towels but I feel they need renovation. The mattress was quite worn out. The room we got had cigarette stains all over the floor and the reading lamp kept switching on and off by itself through the night. The location is 15 min walk from the nearest Metro station. The area looks dodgy but we did not had any problems. My recommendation would be to look for better options if you have time.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We wanted to stay cheap during our city visit. The hotel is a budget one, in every aspect. The rooms are not very clean, but beds, sheets/towels are pretty clean. The continental breakfast is good value for money £5/pp per day. The area in which the hotel is located is not very good. There is a 10-15 min walk from the nearest metro.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. it's situated in a not-so-safe part of Paris, a good 15-20 mins walk from the train stations, so might get quite scary at night. So we made sure that either we went home early or always walked home with a group. We also tried our best to blend in Paris, not looking like a lost tourist not to attract any attention, so always plan ahead where to go before leaving the hotel.
The beds are comfortable, the toilet is clean. the room is not so big but everything you need is available. The hotel is clean and the breakfast is good as well. good value for money.

We did have a little problem with our blinds being stuck, but we didnt bother reporting it as we were out anyway all day. so it's fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple