“Rude Staff in a rough looking location”

ibis budget Paris Porte de Montmartre
Ranked #1,634 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
SSJ Hampshire
“Rude Staff in a rough looking location”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I wouldn't stay here again, its pretty grim, graffiti in every inch of the area! there is a small bakery and mini supermarket next door which is pleasant but thats all it has going for it. And as for the staff, well they are useless, we asked for early check in and they just didnt even make eye contact and she just said no. however i had an email the day before saying if we wanted one we could pay 5euro and we could. we were made to sit on the floor instead for nearly 2 hours before she let us up to our room! Useless

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

1. Neighbourhood - you have a market nearby. We witnessed a police raid when we approached the hotel. You may imagine what people trade there and teh level of dirtiness after the fair. Really dangerous place.
2. We took two rooms, in one of them the window glass was damaged by a rifle bullet.
3. In the other room we need to put significant effort to open/close the window.
4. In one of the rooms cleaning service stole (or threw away?) my laptop wire case
5. On one of the days towels were absent in one of the rooms, in the other one there was the only one
6. You can see the rooms condition on the attached photos.
7. In one of the rooms the smell in the toilet is just awful, one can't stand it.
8. When I talked to a reception lady, she all of a sudden picked up the phone without any apologies.
9. breakfast is not good, but well, perhaps worth 5.90
10. The staff does not speak English (reception's English is poor)
11. You need to have a French power outlet adapter. When we asked for it at the reception, they told us we'd have to buy it from their vending machine for 6.50
12. Wifi was NOT working at all. You have to reconnect every 5 minutes. This is not a matter of signal in the room and I wasn't using P2P nor VOIP, only surfing.
13. When we asked to change our room they replied they were full (however they were not)
14. When we went down for towels (see above) we had to stay in line and there was another gentleman asking for towels, so this looks like a common issue there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank bytes85

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Lviv, Ukraine
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Room was very small but clean. Parking in a cellar - very comfortable. No wi-fi connection, just nearby the reception is good. Big supermarket Monoprix in 25 m. and very good bakery (open from 08.00 till 19.00.
Good service, speaking english and ready to help.
Bus stopes very close and the 2 different metro station is 5-7 minutes walk ( 4 and 13). Rer station to Eifel toure and Versales castle also about 7 minutes away. I think a very good position and a valuable price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Arad, Arad, Romania
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had an average stay. There is almost no internet in the room :) it stops after 1 minute after logging in and you try again and again and again and it gets annoying and you give up so this is disappointing. It is not a dangerous area as written in some comments here. We were safe all the time. We had a DND sign at the door but the cleaning lady did not consider it and she entered anyway. The personnel at the front-desk should be a little more cheerful :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my first time at the Ibis "budget" brand hotel and here's a breakdown of my experience.

It's no secret that Paris is expensive so, my positive points are about the costs and possible savings.

Within my own personal budget, the rates were reasonable enough for me to extend my stay by two days.

There is a huge grocery store with a bakery inside that's two steps away from the hotel. I didn't eat the hotel breakfast buffet but bought little snacks from the store instead.

It's a basic room and relatively clean.

The negative points have to do with the area.

I would caution visitors to really consider the environment surrounding the hotel. Unfortunately, it's not in a good area. Although I wasn't frightened, I did feel unsafe at times going to and from the hotel (especially at night).

Others have commented on how dirty the area is and I must agree. It's not just a lot of trash but also random objects scattered around (shoes, plastic gadgets, wood pieces...). There were many make-shift markets where people would sell old items piled on blankets in the middle of the sidewalk. On the weekend, there is a big flea market across the street from the hotel.

I would also advise anyone staying at this hotel to secure ALL of your belongings when you leave the room. Unfortunately, some items were stolen from my makeup bag that I kept near the sink. I reported it to the hotel staff and they were very apologetic but I didn't get my things back.

Overall, I would not stay at this particular hotel again. However, I do like Ibis hotels and I would rebook with them but in a different location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo