“Okay if driving.”

ibis budget Paris Porte de Montmartre
Ranked #1,641 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hotel basic but clean,spacious room and good powerful,full sized shower.The breakfast was very basic but the Wifi was excellent.
The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the metro so not ideal if you have lots of luggage.The neighbourhood has plenty of shops,restaurants and convenience stores so overall not a bad location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had to share the bathroom with people who said awful words to us, completely disrespectful. Our room was dirty, full of dust, hair and strange stains. There were stains in the sheets and pillows as well. If you want to go to Paris, pay a little bit more, but, please, don't stay in this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank World-Czn
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Small bedrooms but that didn't matter we only stayed 2 nights. It is about a 15 minute walk from the metro or 5 minutes from the bus. Close to Montmartre village, so if you plan on spending time in Montmartre this hotel is great value for money- free wifi and friendly staff. Bathroom is not ideal but works fine

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank allyceeew
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Can not believe all of these bad reviews! Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights as a weekend break and we could not fault it! The hotel was clean and rooms were basic but had everything you needed and cleanliness was not an issue in our room. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to porte de saint ouen metro station and all the main attractions were in easy reach from the metro. The walk to the station is easy and not far at all. Walking home on an evening was also fine, there was some strange people on odd occasions as there is in any other capital city! Great price and great location to head out and see the sites! We would use again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BRD92
Reviewed 6 April 2014

OK, so I stayed in this hotel last night and I have previously enjoyed amazing service from other Ibis hotels I have stayed in. I have to, for various reasons, however, make an exception for this hotel. It is a major waste of money.

I stayed here with a coach company, because they book the hotel for us and include it in the price. The coach company were not to know about any of the problems that we had with the hotel, so I cannot blame them.

First off: Location - don't be fooled by thinking its near Montmartre, just because of it's Porte-de-Montmartre name - it's nowhere near! it's 3 metro journeys away and in the northern suburbs of Paris, a 20-25 minute drive away from the Champs Elysées.

Second of all, when we entered our room, I was expecting it to be basic - after all it was a budget hotel. What I was not expecting, was to see a massive group of brown stains over the sink. We went down to complain and I showed them the photo I had taken, saying the room had not been cleaned. They weren't very polite, even going as far as to try and blame us, even though we had only arrived in the room 10 minutes earlier, but the coach company were really nice and managed to convince them that we were to move two floors higher to the top floor of the hotel.

Three problems encountered with the second room;
There was no handle or lock on the inside of the bathroom door
The shower had to stand on the lower of the pegs, and being a 21 year old 6"1' male, you can understand how frustrating it is how to have a shower head so low
Third of all the window was impossible to open and at 12.30 at night, it felt like the sahara desert. Not appropriate sleeping conditions at all. We managed to open the first window, then the second. But guess what? We were facing onto a busy road meaning we could hear everything including the loud cars. So we had a choice. Roast or be kept awake by cars. We chose the cars because the heat was THAT unbearable.

Breakfast this morning was average, but I wouldn't have considered having it there if breakfast was not included in the room price, due to how annoyed my stay there had made me.

When driving into the hotel last night, I knew straight away I wasn't going out until this morning as the area had a very unsafe feel about it. It wasn't pleasant at all, not even for a corner shop visit.

The television channels looked like a medium speed internet stream in terms of quality at best.

Overall, I will not be going back, and will choose other hotels on future visits. However, this has not at all dissuaded me from other Ibis hotels. Just this one, though ...

On the other hand, I had a great and enjoyable time in the city centre, and you will too. Just don't choose this hotel. It's that simple really.

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room, then choose somewhere else. That's my tip.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank chocolatelover26
Reviewed 2 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We hated this place!!! The location is ok easy to walk to transport links, under the bridge & surrounding areas are horrible & we felt very unsafe! When we arrived the ladies at the desk were rude & unhelpful, our room as disgusting cigarette burns everywhere!! No hair dryers (Take your own, you can hire for a deposit of 10 Euros which you get when you give back but I was waiting at the desk for 20 minutes to get my 10 euros back!!) On quite a few occasions when we went back to our room the corridors smelt of cannabis!!!!!!! There is 24 hour security at the front desk, you have to enter a pin number in the lift so it moves this aroused our suspicions of why this worried us slightly! I would never go back & wouldn't advise anyone to got here!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple