“Very good, simple French experience”
Review of Au jardin - CLOSED

Au jardin
Price range: US$22 - US$31
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: Une version originale de la cuisine Francaise. Des produits frais cuisines maison.An original version of the French cooking. Cooked fresh products house.
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We ate here on Fri 3rd Jan on the back of good reviews and having spent the evening in the area. There is no shortage of good restaurants around here but we were very glad to have chosen Au Jardin.

We had the two-course petit Jardin at €21 each plus a bottle of Malbec at €31. I had eggs (delicious - with truffle and crisp toast fingers) and duck (small slices, beautifully cooked, on a rosti with spinach leaves). My partner had what was described as a blue cheese 'cake' but was actually a mix between a soufflé and a muffin on a spinach and tomato salad, followed by an unusual guinea fowl and pollock 'kebab'. Both very good.

The atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed, easy to chat. Staff were unobtrusive and brought plenty of bread throughout the meal. No booking required and menu in English available if needed, although the waitress spoke good English and allowed us to practice our less-good French.

In all, a relaxed night with good quality food, no pretensions.

1  Thank Pic0pic0

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I found this restaurant through trip advisor while sitting in our hotel. We didn't book but when we arrived they welcomed us in and gave us a lovely window seat. Straight away we were served a little amuse-bouche which was a very nice touch. We were both extremely happy with the food we received and at €21 for 2 courses, it was great value. Next time we visit paris we will come back here and try some of the other great sounding dishes on the menu. Fantastic little restaurant.

1  Thank Maircolin
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My husband and I ate here the last night in Paris and enjoyed ourselves immensely! The price is a little steep, but the food was SO good and worth it! It's a small restaurant and not overly busy when we went. It is an experience we look on VERY fondly!

1  Thank Gweneth2013
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I've been there with friends, we chose it by TripAdvisor and all the reviews were right!!!
The food is good, the service is really charming. They brought us a little starter and it was really good.
Prices are good for the quality of food.

1  Thank 2Fluffy
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Loved this restaurant! Good selection of food at reasonable prices (24 euro for two courses and 31 euro for three). I ordered the fish, which looked small at first but ended up being quite filling. Baguettes are complimentary and they also gave us an interesting vegetable-based French drink. For dessert I had chocolate cake with caramel and ice cream, and afterwards I was stuffed! The lady who served us was kind and checked on us at all the right times. Would come here again!

1  Thank Krystal X