“Fabulous Hen Weekend in Paris”

La Maison Montparnasse
Ranked #389 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here for a long hen weekend in Paris. This hotel is lovely and clean, it's bright and modern. We stayed in a double room, which was small, but expectable as we only needed it to sleep. The triple rooms had more space and a bigger bathroom. The staff are brilliant! They let us use their back room for free, which my sister and friend decorated! My sister had some hen do party things shipped over from England and the staff didn't mention a thing to me! Very professional, but also very friendly! The lift is very very small, but we didn't use it anyway. They have a lovely patio area out the back which is lovely for a drink in the sun! We didn't use the restaurant so can't comment on the breakfast, the only thing I can say is it €12 and there are many bakery's and cafés very near. The metro station is just around the corner, about a 3-5minute walk. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get to big attractions like the Eiffel Tower, Norte dame. The metro is quick and very easy to use! We booked this hotel through booking.com. I would without a doubt stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!!!

Room Tip: If you like space choose a triple room. If your just looking for somewhere to sleep then the double...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for La Maison Montparnasse

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel was charming and colorful (literally). The room was clean and cozy,and the bathroom was small (even by European standards). One of the things I really didn't like was that there was no safe in the room, my other complaint was that breakfast was an additional 12euros, which is a lot for a coffee and a croissant. Better value to go to the actual boulanger yourself and get the croissant fresh for 1 euro. The location is not ideal for doing the typical touristy stuff, but there are actually a lot of great neighborhood restaurants to check out.

Room Tip: Ask for room 42. It is on the top floor, and while the view directly out the window is not great, i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The rooms are small, but cute and furnished cleverly, with good taste and attention to detail. Personnel is VERY friendly and provides a welcoming atmosphere and a satisfying breakfast. Especially night clerk Didier is fun and will always be offering you a tea at midnight, when you come home from your strolls around the lively neighbourhood the hotel is located in. Handling every situation with charme, you can not even be angry if something goes wrong … if you are concerned about safety: the fire alarm in the hotel works very well, you will be absolutely safe if a real fire should occur!

The rooms are very clean, everything you need is provided. The street the hotel is located in is relatively quiet, so you can sleep with an open window, if you like to do that. Enjoy your stay! I would always come again to this hotel for a romantic trip with my lover :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here for my first night in Europe following a lengthy flight, and this was exactly what I needed. Excellent customer service, very comfortable bed, and a wonderful warm shower.

I did not catch their names, but all 3 staff who I dealt with were extremely helpful, particularly the well dressed gentleman who loaned me a travel adapter and answered all my questions quickly and easily.

The room itself was great - very comfortable bed, TV that I didn't use, and a compact bathroom, but with a great shower (lots of pressure, and nice hot water).

The only downside was that breakfast was a little on the pricey side (about 11 euros) but was only a small selection of pastries/breads, fruit and yoghurt, but given it was the Easter weekend most shops nearby were closed, and I was hungry!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Cute hotel, friendly staff, great location and comfy rooms, what more do you want?
I only stayed here one night as my previous hotel was sold out. I really liked my previous hotel, until I realized what I was missing, the warmth and friendliness of the human touch! Adrien and Didier were both warm and lovely every time I encountered them. They were both genuinely interested in making my stay pleasant and offered help and suggestions if needed. At this point I'd been staying in the area for a week, so I had my routine down, but it was nice to get to chat with some nice locals.

My room was a single and I got it at a good rate. Despite being a single room, it was spacious for me. I even had room to do my evening exercise routine. The bathroom was compact but totally functional. The room and the bathroom both had windows overlooking a quiet residential street. Around the corner were several eateries, bakeries and great restaurants. Half a block away was the Pernety station.

This area is fantastic because it is so authentic. It is not overloaded with tourists but it is still very convenient. People are friendly and you have your choice of Bakeries every morning on your way to the metro stop.

If I was to return to Paris tomorrow, I would most definitely book a room here!

Room Tip: Any room is great because the street is not a busy one and it will not be noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel is great, confortable, beautiful, clean, well located and close to the subway, everyone at the reception desk is nice and helpful. It is small and does not have the rush of the big hotels. I highly recommend.
Este hotel é ótimo, confortável, bonito, limpo, bem localizado e perto do metro, todo pessoal da recepção é atencioso e prestativo. É pequeno e não tem a correria dos grandes hotéis. Eu recomendo.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2014

A very nice colorful small hotel in a quarter of Paris.
The staff was exceptionally friendly and very helpful.
Rooms were clean. For two people small but adequate for a 3-4 days city trip.
All in all one of the best hotels for that Prise I've sleeped in in Paris.
I'll come back!