BLC Design Hotel
Anya Hotel(Paris)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsshower curtainthe breakfast areareal parisbars and restaurantsmetro stationlate at nightquiet side streetvisited pariscomfy bedloved this hotelcentral parisyogurtbastillehairdryerarrondissementdistrictbakery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

An unashamed Francophile, I've had Paris on my list for many years. I'll be honest, many a beau over the years promised to take me...but this trip was so important I had to wait for the 'right one' before allowing anyone to accompany me to a place I was so looking forward to visiting!

So I did...and it was perfect! He picked the hotel and I was so excited just looking at the pictures beforehand and definitely wasn't disappointed when we got there.

We walked from La Gare du Nord using Googlemaps on our phones and went a bit of a long way round...but eventually we arrived to be greeted by a very friendly (English-speaking if you don't speak French) receptionist.

The white, white wasn't as harsh as you might think once there. In fact to me it just felt very clean and gentle (sounds like soap!) with soft lighting in the room. We did (unfortunately?) have a faulty safe in our room but this only resulted in a free upgrade with minimum fuss to a lovely huge room on the top floor. We hadn't complained or anything...the receptionist just effortlessly told us we would be upgraded to a different room the next day...and we were!

Room service saw us ordering the staple of all room service menus...the club sandwich. We got one each of beef and chicken and shared them...they were absolutely delicious and well-earned after hours of walking around Paris.

From this hotel it's really easy to walk up to the Bastille where there are various cafes and some more familiar looking food outlets (McD's!) if that's what you fancy. There are open top tour buses available but we had trouble finding a place to jump on one. This turned out to be for the best though as we walked and did 'Paris' rather than just all the things IN Paris.

A walk along the Seine was beautiful, all the way up to the Eiffel Tower and then back along the other side of the river. After work couples and groups of friends sit alongside on the Rive Gauche with picnics, bottles of wine and plastic glasses. All very romantic and relaxing. There are plenty of supermarkets around selling plastic cups if you fancy joining them.

After all the walking this hotel was so relaxing to go back to. The staff were friendly but if you didn't want to see them you didn't have to. The room service was great as was the breakfast. Highly recommended. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Izzy S
BLCDESIGNHOTEL, Réception at BLC Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Claire,

Thank you so much for your awesome review on TripAdvisor!!!
We are very happy to read you and see that you had a good stay at the BLC Design Hotel.
We hope to welcome you again. Don't hesitate to call us or email us, we will propose your our best available rates.
Yours Faithfully,
The BLC Team,

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our stay in BLC design is fantastic! Great location and service! Breakfast was offered to serve to room without additional cost is the biggest plus point and choice of breakfast is great! Love the croissant!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 32Rong

Dear Madam, Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your opinion on the BLC DESIGN HOTEL.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in Paris and look forward to welcome you back for your next stay. Don't hesitate to contact us if you want to book again in our hotel and we will propose you our best price .

Best regards

The BLC Design Hotel team

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The hotel was exceptional and I thoroughly enjoyed staying here. The rooms are compact but have excellent facilities and are always kept very clean. The staff were lovely and helpful, offering us help to find our way around Paris as it was our first time there. Although the hotel was slightly out of the centre, it had a few metro stations nearby as well as plenty of food places (restaurants, cafés etc.) and overall the hotel was incredible. I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Mister ,

Thank you for this awesome comment .
We are very happy to see that you had a good your stay in our hotel and thank you for your happiness . Don't hesitated, if you want to come back in Paris to contact us by phone or email to have the best available price .

Your Faithfully ,

The BLC Design Hotel

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The white colour decorate was very attractive, great location near metro so i decided to choose this hotel. After read reviews I was great to stay here for my Paris trip.

Cause this is my first time visit Paris so after came out from Metro, I could figure out where is the hotel. My friend asked local mature guy who was very helpful to guide us walked to the hotel.

I was lucky got room number 402, room is big enough, clean and tidy. The cleaning lady clean the room daily. Got free two bottles on first day. My travel adopter didn't fit their socket, i went down to receipt and the friendly staff gave me a spare one.
Limited clothes storage which is not big issue for me. The comfortable bed mattress and pillows were benefit after day by day walk.

I didn't eat breakfast at hotel as around the hotel have many restaurants, bars and cafes. I surprised that most of the restaurants were so busy at night, even on week day. Two local supermarkets around the corner so i can buy fruits, snacks and drinks.

I will choose this hotel for my next Paris trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
BLCDESIGNHOTEL, réception at BLC Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Good morning ,

Thank you for your awesome review.
It's very important for us to have your feeling about your stay.
We are happy to know that you had a pleasant moment with us.
We hope to welcome you again . Don't hesitate to contact us directly to have the best available price for your next stay .

Best Regards,

The BLC Design Team

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We wanted to stay on the right bank this time in Paris, for our third pleasure trip there in the last 3 years. This hotel is a find! The hotel is modern and inviting. The room was large for an urban hotel, impeccably clean, with a super friendly and helpful staff. There was not enough clothes storage space, and it was a ten minute walk to the Metro,but if you get a rate for 120 euros a night that we did through hotels.com and you don't mind living out of a suitcase, you will find this an unbelievably great value. ( and if you do stay here take note of what seems to be the wall where the headboard would be. It is a beautiful piece of shadow art visible in some light only--unique)

• Stayed: April 2014