“Bad food, bad service and no receipt”
Review of Au Beaujolais - CLOSED

Au Beaujolais
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you want a receipt of you meal you have to keep away of this place.
Food is awful and the service is worse. So complicated to reach the waiter, who was not nice at all.
When I requested for a receipt of the meal he told me that it is not possible. I told him it is not legal not to give an official receipt and he told me that he doesn't care, there was not any option to get it.
It was frustrating because there are a lot of beautiful places close to this and I think I was in the worst one.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Went twice to this quaint restaurant. Had set menu which was good value for money with good sized serves. Steak was tender, mussels great and the creme brûlée was fabulous. Waiters and host were very friendly. Recommended.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

seven years visiting paris and au beaujolais remains the best eating place in st germain with the present owners Marco and Gino (twins) making every evening dining at their place a must for their hospitality and good food. Michael & Monica from MALTA look foward to our next visit as this place is surely on our list.

1  Thank monica v
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We should have known they were trying too hard to get us to eat there but we were tired after a day of sightseeing. Watery onion soup. Only a salad with the fish. The rest of the meal was ok but not memorable. We did not order off the set menu so it was 70euro with wine. We had better meals for less in that area.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

The owners hover outside trying to bring in customers.
Meal was nothing special. I had onion soup, my husband mussels and then we had steak frites. Small piece of meat.
Service was slow
As a couple we spent 50euro, tips not included in meal.