“Great spot near Gare du Nord”

Best Western Premier Faubourg 88
Ranked #471 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Check out 42 Degrees and a climb up to Montmartre. Welcome was sincere and service was good.
Rooms were new and sparkled. I love paris and this was a great spot to use as a base to enjoy the city. Very close (5-10 minute walk) to Gare du Nord. A lovely patisserie just around the corner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim M
pierre l, Responsable réception at Best Western Premier Faubourg 88, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you a lot for this wonderful review.

It is always a pleasure for us to welcome people who want to discover or enjoy our city. That must be why you had this feeling when you arrived at the hotel.

Your hapiness is the best reward we could have, and I hope we will have the chance to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Faubourg 88

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed 3 nights in a fancy room with a modern white bathroom (shower with good water pressure which is not common in Paris).
Unfortunately the room has the windows towards mainstreet and I had to keep windows open due to warm nights and it was very noisy.
The room was small, but for me alone it was enough space. Bed was very comfortable!
Breakfast (from a friendly lady) was expensive for simple cheese and ham selection, but coffee and bread was fresh and exactly my taste.
I was really suprised about the helpfullness and friendlyness of the receptionist. He helped me a lot with my train trip to Tour.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com
pierre l, Responsable réception at Best Western Premier Faubourg 88, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I am greatful for the time you took to write this comment.

Usually, we do not have problems with the noise the night, even for the rooms toward the main street. In case it happens like it was your case, we do have rooms toward the courtyard side which is quiet.

We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed the service from the reception and the breakfast staff.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just returned from a long weekend in Paris, stayed in room 001 ground floor over looking the courtyard. Room was great, contemporary furnishings with an urban twist. Fab bathroom, great size, shower and bath, newly decorated, clean and bright.
Bed was extremely comfortable with crisp white cotton bed linen, toiletries topped up daily as was the complimentary tea and coffee.
Arrived at the hotel at 10.30, early for check in, however as room was ready staff kindly allowed us to check in.
Reception staff were very helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.
Great location approx 15 minute walk from Gard du Nord, metro at bottom of the road with links all over the city.
Room tip would be to bear in mind that smokers use the courtyard, so if you are a smoker these rooms might be ideal, if not you might want a room on a higher floor.
Would definitely stay here again.
Thanks to all the great staff.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debs6425
pierre l, Responsable réception at Best Western Premier Faubourg 88, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Once again, thank you for this nice review.

Our staff member would like to thank you for all the compliments you wrote.

We always try to give the rooms as soon as possible, and I am happy to see that we could have done it for you.

We are waiting with impatience your return in Paris !

A TripAdvisor Member
Maarssen, Pays-Bas
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Nice Hotel very nice designed rooms , very clean . reception was very friendly .
For us the best location in the north of Paris. For others it will be handy so close to Gare du Nord and Metro. Price level is just what everyone would like to see, comparing the quality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
pierre l, Responsable réception at Best Western Premier Faubourg 88, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

It is a great pleasure for us to read a so nice commentary.

I am pretty sure that we are the only "New" 4 star hotel in this area which is at less than 10min by walking from Gare du Nord.

We usually do some very good discount for people who contact us directly to book in our hotel, so be sure to call us or to send an email for you next trip in Paris.

We are waiting for the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had an excellent stay at the hotel. The staff were very kind and still professional and helped us in several ways. The room and the bathroom were spacious and very clean.
The location only 30 m from the Metro station Poissonière gave us the feeling that we were staying in the centre of Paris.
Will not hesitate to stay in the hotel next time we visit Paris or to recommend it to friends and others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com
pierre l, Responsable réception at Best Western Premier Faubourg 88, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Willy,

It is a real pleasure to read your feedback.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed you stay among us and that we were able to fulfilled your expectation.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I booked this room for our 1 night in Paris. It was described as a double room, but, as we discovered, only because it has a double bed in it. I can lay in bed and open the room door...really! At the other side of the bed, there is a 12 inch gap to the window. At the bottom of the bed, the bathroom door has to be in 2 halves as a full size door would not be able to open. It is astonishingly small. The price (through Hotels.com) was £160/$250. Not worth the money at all - in fact not worth half the money. The shower floods into the bedroom and we are currently wading through wet carpet trying to get ready for our special night out at Maxims. We need traffic signals to get round the bed as there is nowhere for 2 people to stand.
To be balanced, the room is very nicely decorated and clean, as is the rest of the hotel. However, we will certainly never stay here again, nor will we recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: As for a room where 2 people can walk round the bed
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Guy B
pierre l, Responsable réception at Best Western Premier Faubourg 88, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Sir Guy,

Firstly, Thank you for your choice to stay in our hotel.

I am a bit surprised about all these complains about the size of the room. All the information are available on the website you booked through to be sure our guests can choose their room regarding their expectations.
In case they did not see these information, our staff is still fully available to show them our other rooms in order to ensure them the best stay possible. We are also here for any technical issue which would occure and fix it in the shorter delays.
Our classic rooms are in the Parisian standard sizes, even if we advise our guests who are 2 to book a superior room or higher to be sure to enjoy the space it offers.

I am sorry if our hotel did not reply to all your expectation, and I am hoping you will come back again, so I can show you personnaly the other rooms available.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here purely by accident (Eurostar was down and we were lucky to get the last room). we'd been staying in 5* luxury at Le Grand, but I have to say, the customer experience here was superior. I can't say what the rest of the hotel was like, but the reception area was extremely clean and we were lucky to be given one of the new rooms in the courtyard, which was amazing. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and I can't thank the gentleman enough who I made the booking with and stayed until we arrived. If you're researching hotels in Paris and want top notch luxury at top prices, then this isn't for you. If you want a decent hotel, within easy walking distance from Gare du Nord, with excellent staff clean room, this would be my choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo W
pierre l, Responsable réception at Best Western Premier Faubourg 88, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for this nice comment.

It was a pleasure to welcome you, and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your "extra night" in Paris ;-)

Our hotel is not a palace of course, but we do have the chance to be one of the newest and most modern hotel in this area for sure !

Four star means also an excellent customer experience and I am happy to see that your staff succed also in that way.

We hope to see you again soon.