Holiday Inn Paris - Notre Dame
  • Room Service
US$274
US$220
  • Restaurant
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$166
Official Site
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$1,235
US$1,184
  • Pool
1,681 results
All reviewsrooftop barnotre damelatin quarterrue dantongreat locationexecutive roomst michel metroprivate balconywith eiffel tower viewrooms are smallrer bcdg airportbathroom doorrestaurants and shopsmodern hotelmetro stationmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2011

My wife and I used free priority club nights. 1'st night had standard room: beautiful, modern but very small. Next 3 nights had upgrade to executive room: much larger bathroom and bedroom and ,we think, worth paying extra. Loved the roof top terrace open to 10pm. This hotel is so well located but just out of the tourist crowds and noise.
We interacted with many hotel staff at different hours and all were helpfull and friendly.
We have stayed in Paris several times and find that the buses and metro make getting anywhere very easy. But this hotel location makes walking the first choice to so many neighborhoods.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ronwickham
Reviewed 22 May 2011

This hotel is in a GREAT location. If you stay here, you will be in the heart of the Latin Quarter, and every restaurant is in the neighborhood. The Metro (St. Michel) is across the street and the RER (St. Michel-Notre Dame) is one block away. Let me acknowledge the hotel staff, we had to change hotels and arrived well before check in time. Staff kept our luggage safe and secured a room for us before the scheduled check-in time.

The rooms are small and dark, there was a weird smell in the room and never quite figured out what was going on but I ONLY smelled it walking in the room. Once you were in the room, you didn't notice it anymore. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was compact and VERY CLEAN! The staff forgot to exchange the dirty glasses and refill the tea the first night but fixed the issue the second and third night. Breakfast did not come with the hotel rate which was very expensive. . . location, location, location. Staff TRIED their best to help and give directions, but none could speak very good English. When we checked out someone had charged breakfast to our room which was interesting considering we were in Brussells at the time. Hotel staff quickly corrected the issue! The rooms had a dark decor, the hallways were dark...I just wasn't impressed. However, I will definitely acknowledge that the hotel was in a great location, it was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. There was a nice courtyard in the back of the hotel. No free internet! Again, it goes to location, location, location. Very convenient to metro line, ATM, restaurants, bus and 24 hour cafe.

Would I stay here again? No. This was my second time to Paris and I loved the location of this hotel, but was not impressed with the dark decor of the room, the smell, and the expensive breakfast. I'd find a different hotel in the same area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ngozi23
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We stayed in this hotel on our last few nights in Paris. The location is perfect – near Notre Dame and close enough to walk everywhere. We opted for an 8th floor room that had Eiffel tower and Parisian rooftop views. It was lovely to see the twinkling lights of Paris as we fell asleep each night. The service however was appalling. Our room was not ready on the afternoon of our arrival and we had to wait an hour and a half. The reception apologized but their tone said “I could not care less”. On our last evening when we returned to our room at 5:00pm after being out all day the room had not even been made up. We had to ask on more than one occasion to have this attended to and when it was it was a shabby job. So to sum up, location good, view lovely, service, what service and this was in low season! Service did not exist!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NigelandLiz
Reviewed 17 May 2011

The Holiday Inn Notre Dame is very well positioned for exploring Paris. An easy walk from the Notre Dame Cathedral, it's very close to the Louvre and also bus stops for the Paris Hop-on Hop-off bus (which takes you to the Eiffel Tower and other attractions further away).

The hotel is modern and clean and despite having a decor of pink and purple, it all somehow comes together look pleasant and trendy.

On check in (at 2pm) the staff asked us to wait in the lounge while they checked that the room was cleaned - 40 minutes later I discovered that the staff member I had been dealing with had gone on a break and forgotten to tell us that the room was ready. The front desk staff all came across a bit cold and not overly friendly.

On the other hand, the breakfast room and bar staff were all very professional and friendly. Greetings as you walked past the bar and attentive service in the breakfast room was appreciated.

Breakfast was included on our room rate and consisted of a buffet including fresh croissants, baguettes, toast (with a variety of spreads), cereals, hot food (eggs, bacon etc), cheeses, cold meats and Nespresso Coffee, to name a few of the options.

Our room was on the 8th level with a small balcony overlooking the city. The room was quite small, yet comfortable with closet space, a safe, mini bar and TV (with 2 English speaking channels - BBC and CNN).

The bathroom was a little bit strange, with a frosted glass door leading into the bedroom which couldn't close fully and a window in the shower area that was only partially frosted (the bottom 1/2 was while the top 1/2 wasn't) - although the 8th floor was higher than any nearby buildings so there was little chance anyone could see you - and if they could, you'd have to be well over 6-foot tall and even then it would have been shoulders only.

The shower was nice, with dual functions of an overhead shower, a separate movable shower-head and also sprayers that came on from the sides of the shower (in the walls) - something I've never seen before!

I'd recommend this hotel for the location. If you can, get a price that includes breakfast as it's well worth it.

Room Tip: Book at Holidayinn.com
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2011

It's very hard to find a good hotel in Paris for a decent price, but this one definitely fits the bill. The location in the Latin Quarter is spectacular. The metro is convenient, restaurants are abundant, the area is lively, and it's incredibly close to the Seine River, Notre Dame, St Michel fountain. the Cluny Museum, a Monoprix, and Starbucks. There are also several Metro stations in the area and ATM access is convenient.

The rooms are on the small side, which is probably the hardest thing for most Americans to get use to. We do love our space and unless you want to pay an exorbitant price for a room you just aren't going to get that in the more popular areas of Paris. I'm not sure of the camera lens they are using in the pictures on the website but they definitely make it look like you are getting more space than you get. I specifically chose a King Executive thinking that I was getting a larger room, I was sorely disappointed. The room was very narrow and cramped. I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck here on a stormy day. I discovered where the large rooms in the hotel really were when I went to the rooftop deck and checked out the floor plan on the top floor. Those were the types of rooms I thought I was booking when I chose an executive. When I inquired about the rooms I was told that they were suites and they could be booked on the website. I've tried several times using different dates and no they can not. If someone else figures out the secret to doing this let me know. If I stay in this hotel again that's the type of room I want.

The rooms are very dark. A lot darker than they appear on the website. It's not that sun doesn't get into the rooms, it's just the colors they chose and the lighting is just atrocious. Mostly florescent lighting is used and it's quite annoying. Chocolate, tea, and coffee are complimentary in the room as well as an electric kettle. It was very much appreciated. There is also a minibar that can double as a very small fridge. It came in handy. The one amenity that should be provided in every room that isn't is an iron and ironing board. I really don't understand why this isn't automatically provided. You have to request one and iron all of your clothes that day because the front desk will call you and ask for it's return. The irons they do use are lightweight and cheap. The first one they sent up to me was a fire hazard.

The biggest disappointment in my room was the bathroom. It was pretty enough, but not very functional. The toilet seat was too close to the opposite wall so if you have long legs beware. If you sit on the toilet your knees will probably be rubbing against the wall. The handle on the sink faucet was probably my biggest pet peeve. It's one of those kind that is almost flush with the rest of the fixture and you have to twist it to turn the water on. It's practically impossible to get a grip of the thing if you have wet, soapy hands. I didn't mind the window next to the bathtub because I was the only one in the room. Although I could never open the curtains while I was in the bathroom for fear of the apartment dwellers across the street being able to see in. I assume that the window was placed in the bathroom to conserve energy and allow natural light in.

Another problem I noted was getting in and out of the bathtub/ shower. The bathtub ledge is rather high and there is no railing to grab on to. This was easy enough for me to deal with but I can't imagine it being easy for an older person or children. Getting out of a slippery tub with no railing to grab onto is an accident waiting to happen.

In spite of my issues with the room, it is still a pretty decent hotel for Paris. The location can't be beat, it is attractive, and the staff was pleasant. I did not use the concierge service. I have stayed in other hotels in Paris and aside from the ergonomic complaints, this one is definitely one of the better ones.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo