“Fantastic Hotel. great location!”

Holiday Inn Paris - Notre Dame
Ranked #403 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Hotel. great location!”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I just read the last response and I am amazed that we stayed at the hotel at the same time and yet had two different experiences. Our room was small but Paris is known for its small rooms. My suitcase weighed 45 lbs and my mom's suitcase weighed 40 lbs and we were able to utilize the closet, the shelves and the cubbies in a beautiful way. I kept saying to my mother, it is amazing how they were able to make this space work. I have only been to Paris once before but i have friends that go 3x a year and they mentioned that there is no such thing as a large room.

My room was spotless...vaccumed everyday, dusted, bed was always made. The staff was beyond gracious. I attempted to speak French and they always stopped me and spoke English and gave me excellent directions.

Unlike mommyG60, I found the clientele to be refreshing and lovley. I only met met very nice folks who were wither there on business or families who were in Paris to sightsee. I am from Philadelphia and believe me, if someone was rude, unkempt, a victim of poor hygeine, etc, i would tell you!!!

There is a continental breakfast for 9 euro pp that is wonderful. No need to spend 20 euro on the buffet. Also, there are so many wonderful places to eat that are well within walking distance. St. Andes is wonderful, there filet is to die for! The service is wonderful and it has a really laid back vibe. There are about 15 other restaurants just down the street.

The location was spot on. It is located near EVERYTHING. I only needed to use line 1 and 4 of the metro and it took 15 minutes max to get to everything.
The bottom line is that I really did not need a mansion when i was only utilizing the room as a place to shower and sleep. This place exceeded my expectations. The rooftop view is excellent. I will be back!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank kelly T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 21 September 2011

By now I am so sick of overpriced, mini hotel rooms in Paris that I can only say yes, the location is good, yes, the rooftop is excellent for viewing all of Paris, and yes, the breakfast is overpriced and hideous, served in a school cafeteria-like basement. Not enough staff to keep it clean, and the clientele....well, let me just say - oh, never mind. At all times of the day and night our room sounded as if we had a waterfall in it. The pipes seemed to be right behind the wall paper. We "upgraded" to an Executive Room only so that we would have a couch onto which to heave our suitcases. There is absolutely no shelf space, the closet fits two brooms. The bathroom is exactly as someone described it previously; impossible to shower without flooding. And so on. The problem with all of Paris is that unless I want to spend 500 Euros and (way) above, I will not get anything decent. To say a hotel has a good location is a pretty pathetic recommendation. Holiday Inn once again has sold out by licensing - pimping - its name to a mediocre hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MommyG60
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Paris - Notre Dame, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Athens
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The specific hotel, it really do not worth the money someone have to spend... One of the worst experiences in my life for the money that I paid.... Being honest, the location is one of a kind. All the rest, are much much below average. Advice: Do not accept a room at the front side of the hotel...... You will never manage to sleep much later than 6-6:30am. The service you will get from the people at the reception is poor (I do not accept answers like: "What do u want me to do"..... ). The rooms are very small. I stayed there for 5 nights they never changed the bed sheets and the towels. The closet is tiny. The decoration / ambience is terrible.... The use of Internet cost a fortune... If you manage to go to the roof garden the view of the city is breathtaking. No money can buy.... Priceless. But the roof garden operates only 3 afternoons per week. So wrong....

Room Tip: Do not accept a room at the front side of the hotel...... You will never manage to sleep much later...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank awesome_1971
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We (A family of 4) have just returned from a 5 night visit to Paris, we found Holiday Inn - Notre Dame a wise choice for leisure purpose.
Location: I have been to Paris more that 10 times, but this was the first time to stay in that area. I would recommend it for several reasons (CDG RER arrives at the corner of the hotel - very central for sight seeing - lots of restaurants around - very very very safe at night - lots of locals and tourists). If I return back to Paris one day, I will for sure stay at this area again and in this hotel (if we can get a good deal)
Rooms: SMALL (This is normal in Paris, nothing new)
Breakfast: Excellent buffet with the best fresh Orange Juice :)
Service: Excellent
Rate: a bit high
Cheap internet rate (My teenager son enjoyed it)

Overall: It was a very good experience (Almost excellent, but the rate at that time of travel was high)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ChiccoRedo
washington dc
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Was in Paris on business. Hotel is in a great location on the Left Bank. Enjoyed being able to walk to my meetings across the river. My only complaints were hearing the noise on Rue Danton after midnight, the lack of clothing storage space, the weak lighting and the weak AC in the room. Enjoyed the rooftop deck and the patio off the bar in the lobby. Would stay there again. Everyone very nice, english speaking and accomodating. Lots of fun places in the neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Fantastic location near St.Michel station and steps from the Sienne. Countless restaurants nearby, and strategically placed within the Paris metro system. Rooms are very nice; breakfast is astronomically priced. City parking garage nearby. Hotel is fairly new, and the wrinkles aren't all ironed out (ran out of towels on one day). 7/10

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The hotel has a fantastic location for seeing the sights in Paris. Very close to the St. Michel metro stop. The staff were friendly and spoke very good English. The hotel has a rooftop terrace open from 4-11pm (weather permitting) and it is wonderful. Fantastic 360 degree views of Paris including the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and Sacre Coeur. We went up to take pictures, but you can also order drinks on the terrace.

The standard room was very small, but definitely do-able. The bathrooms were very nice with showers that had 3 different options for shower heads/side jets. Very nice compared to typical european showers.

Maid service seemed a bit slow, they didn't even clean our room the first day, and cleaned it in the late afternoon on the second. However, they promptly responded to our requests for towels when the room had not been serviced. Our room overlooked a small courtyard, and it would have been nice to open the windows, but this is not an option. It was a quiet room from outside noise, but you could hear hallway/next door noises easily (i.e., TV in next room).

The hotel also had a weird policy about outside food and drink. They make you sign that you won't bring in any outside food/drink or you will be charged 20 euros. Crazy. What tourist doesn't have snacks in their room for their trip? Anyway, we ignored this and ate breakfast in our rooms (from the local market, our reservation did not include breakfast) and snacked on our packed goodies. We just tried to throw the trash away outside the room in a trash can on the street when we would leave. The hotel does have a mini-bar fridge with adequate space for a few of your own items.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple