“Good deal in the center of Paris”

Holiday Inn Paris - Notre Dame
Ranked #397 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Madrid, Spain
“Good deal in the center of Paris”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is a hotel in the city center that overall I'd rate very good for the combination of the location and the relatively good price and the quality of service form the staff that you receive. Do not expect though spacious rooms, they are quite small as usual for similar kind of hotels in the Paris city center.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights in February for my 19th birthday. We booked a Queen Executive Suite with an Eiffel Tower view. When we first arrived at the hotel the very kind lady at check-in explained that the room was not ready yet however we had the best room in the hotel. When we were finally able to go to our room we both weren't really sure what to expect. All I can say is WOW. We had our own lovely balcony with the most amazing view of the Eiffel Tower.
After a long and tiring day exploring the sites of Paris, our initial plan was to get changed and go out for a meal for my birthday. However, the room and the view was so magical, we walked to subway just down the road, ordered the most amazing cocktails to our room, lay in bed and watched the twinkling lights of the Tower.
This hotel truely is fantastic and it made my birthday weekend away that little bit more special. I would recommed this hotel to anybody, especially couples who want a romantic get away.
Paris is my most favourite city and I have stayed in numerous hotels. However, I would not think twice about booking the Holiday Inn.

Thank you for an amazing stay and the best 19th birthday I could ask for.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jemma S
Indianapolis
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The biggest thing this hotel has going for it is its location. It's not far from St. Michel and a short walk to Notre Dame and other attractions. A metro stop is just a few short steps. The hotel is modern but strangely has no fitness center. Room service was adequate. The rooms themselves were decent but somewhat noisy. I used earplugs in order to sleep. Bedding and pillows were cheap. I really considered buying a pillow while I was out but didn't get around to it - and regretted it each night. I'll definitely stay someplace more comfortable (and memorable) next time I'm in Paris, but all in all an OK hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris - Notre Dame, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear DonBIndy,

We are very thankful to receive a review from valued guests like you. It is pleasing to know that you found our rooms to adequate and our location to be convenient. I would like to apologize however that you were inconvenienced by the noise levels experienced on site. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or next visit.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Irvine
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I would definitely recommend this Holiday Inn as an option if you want to be in a pretty convenient location. It's pretty much in the heart of the city and is within walking distance of many sights and nice restaurants (yes, even non-tourist traps). The metro/RER stops are just around the corner. The staff were pleasant and helpful as well (keep in mind: "pleasant" may be a relative term, especially for Americans. Just remember that you're in another country and there's no need to be rude or in a huge rush when dealing with the locals).

It was snowing, raining, and freezing during our entire stay, but we didn't let that ruin our time. Fortunately, we brought [mostly] enough clothes to weather the cold. If it wasn't so cold, I think we probably could have done much more. One night we found ourselves staying in the room because we didn't want to venture into the snow and cold during the night time, especially.

The rooms are quite comfortable and clean, and have a very modern touch to them (seems as though they were recently upgraded). We definitely slept well and have no complaints. They aren't spacious rooms, but they do have enough space, in my opinion. It was nice that they provided tea, hot chocolate, and an electric kettle as well. Definitely helped me get through a nasty cold I was battling through.

The best part was that I had enough Priority Club points to spare for the entire stay, and there is no city tax apparently. So we literally spent nothing else for our hotel stay!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jplee3
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Enjoyed my stay here though it was just a night. The location close to the Metro and RER lines cannot be beat. There are tons of places close by to eat. And many of these are reasonable by local standards. The hotel is modern with nice rooms and energy saving features. I walked to the Notre Dame and places close by even getting a guided tour for Euro 12 doing the Marias circuit.
The service at the hotel was excellent. I had some credit card problems and they resolved that quickly. My room also had a balcony with some seating outside. Though some of the rooms say Eiffel Tower facing (which they are), the tower is not walking distance by any means.

Room Tip: Ask for a Eiffel tower facing room. I was in 607 but try to get one higher up. I could see the top...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Excellent base for a trip to Paris. Next to a metro station and bus stops that get you anywhere you need to go and within walking distance of various attractions. Plenty of restaurants nearby where we got some great deals through lafourchette.com. Room was compact but with a superb bed - big and really comfortable - and a nice shower. Reception staff were very helpful and spoke good English.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The location of this hotel can't be beat. We took the RER direct from CDG and ended less than half a block from the hotel entrance. While the area is busy and can be a little noisy, we had a street facing room and with some ear plugs had no issues sleeping. The bed was very comfortable (and we are picky!).

There is a great roof top terrace for guests only on the 9th floor - great views from up there and since it's for guests only it's not packed. Bring a coffee or glass of wine up and relax for a minute.

We had some minor issues with the housekeeping staff not filling our items each day - one day we did not have any towels, one day we only had one towel, one day they did not refill our coffee. The towel problem was quickly addressed by the front desk both times with towels delivered to our door. Not too big a deal.

There is a hair dryer in the bathroom, no need to bring one. There were plenty of outlets for charging our electronics (bring a converter if you need one, of course).

The room is small, of course, but it worked great for us. We had two larger than a carry-on but not huge suitcases, one small carry-on and a back pack. We found places for these items in the room without having to trip over them.

The bathroom was larger than I was expecting - full size tub w/shower, sink and toilet. The water pressure was great. The hardware (faucets, etc) are not very user-friendly. We managed fine, but anyone with a disability or difficulites manipulating dials with their hands will have a hard time using the faucets. One odd thing - there is a window from the shower into the main part of the room. I'm not sure what the purpose of this is. There is a curtain that can be pulled down from the bed side of the window.

A/C also worked well. It was freezing when we were in Paris, but the room was a bit stuffy and we like to be cool when we sleep so we ran the air every night at least a little. Since it wasn't hot outside, I don't know if there would be issues with it then, but based on our experience it does not seem like it would.

There is a market directly next door that is open late, and tons of cafes and vendors near by. Notre Dame is about 5 minutes walking, the Louvre & Luxembourg Gardens are about 10-15 minutes walking (different directions, of course).

The Metro stop has several trains and the RER. There is a lounge on the ground floor that sells cocktails. We did not use this area, and we also did not eat the breakfast as there were so many places close by to get a crepe or croissant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple